Question regarding sales of bullion

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by shilly20, Jul 13, 2016.

1. shilly20

shilly20 Member

Just wondering if any one remembers back in 2011 when buying from dealers around the peak late march 2011 the queues outside dealers sometimes 100 plus people. Have been a buyer for 8 years now and at the time I was also a buyer but I do remember there were others standing in the queue to sell their bullion to the dealers. Should a similar situation happen in the next few years is any there a reason why if you wanted to sell your bullion you couldn't walk down the queue and ask anyone if they were interested in buying your gold/silver or would this be highly frowned upon? Obviously a win win as you have people there with cash ready to buy they would be getting a little less price than buying from dealer, they wouldn't have to wait the 1-2 hours outside dealer, you would be getting a little more and you don't have to travel all over town etc etc.

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No reason not to. If all you get is a frown from the dealer then it's worth trying. But might be hard to find someone in the queue that will hand over cash to a stranger without testing the bar first.

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Good idea if the KGB is collecting names and addresses.

Probably better with AGEs etc than with larger stuff.

I shall keep that idea in mind.

OC

4. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know 2 dealers here in Melbourne that would in all likely hood punch you in the mouth and throw you out of the shop.
    Not sure if this is a troll question given how unethical that action would be.
    If it was me personally id ban you from ever entering the premises again.at the very least.
    If you ever try this please let me know as it would make a great Youtube vid when you do eventually get a jack johnson in the chopsand the comments.man they would be priceless.

REDBACK
    Adendum~See you also got a neg from Hiho re ethical trading

5. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm pretty sure it's actually a criminal offence to tout for business outside a secondhand dealers place of business

6. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

I know there was a guy outside the ABC office building during that time giving out pamphlets to buy gold and silver ... So your idea, as unethical as it is has actually already been done.

7. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

uh huh, live and learn hey !
    :)