Question for Panda Experts..Need help

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by eyeball, Oct 1, 2013.

1. eyeball

eyeball New Member

Does it pay to buy slabbed 21012, & 2013 Ms-70 Pandas, to hold for lets say 2-4 years. There are 2013 slabbed Pandas for sale at lets say $65. Or are you better buying OPM because of the very large mintage. NGC has 22K ms-70 graded 2013

Are you better off investing your money in older low mintage graded coins? My thoughts were older lower mintage Panda, would give a bette rlong term value

Thx for any help

Eyeball

2. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Eyeball, (imho) the best answer depends on the level of risk (and reward) you want to take on.

2011-2013 OMP are fairly safe to assume that they will appreciate over spot silver with time. But it may only be a few percent each year.

The earlier years (OMP are graded), are likely to appreciate over spot silver with time at a higher rate of increase - but their added costs increases the level of risk.

When I started out, I initially began with the low risk bullion Panda purchases - but currently I'm mostly in high end numi Pandas - which have performed very well in silver terms - especially during this current silver slump.

(E.g. Spot silver down 30%, Numi-Pandas up or down a couple of percent = Numi Pandas have recently increased spot silver purchasing power)

3. gimmiethegold

gimmiethegold New Member

4. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow$ $50AUD for a graded 2013 Panda is a bargain! :)

5. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

More like $74 with shipping...:p