Q&A - China - A Healthy Relationship?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by leo25, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did anyone watch last nights show? It was by far the most entertaining episode I've seen. If you haven't seen it yet then get a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show. :D I really hope there will be a part 2.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/qanda/series/0/video/NC2004H004S00

The first 10min is slow, but it then gets better. The star of the show was Wang Xining. If you don't want to watch it all, just watch the last 15 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I just can't watch the ABC, it's more depressing than Facebook and even less believable.

Stoic Phoenix, minimilled and leo25 like this.
  3. leo25

I agree and normally i don't watch ABC either, but this one was fun to watch.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I gave Q&A away after one of the innumerable UK or US popstars came out with a motherhood statement like, "Peace on Earth and good will to all men," as if it is a revelation, and the leftwing audience starts applauding, goes apeshit and hoot like gibbons.

sellmeyourbullion and Shaddam IV like this.
  5. leo25

Normally Q&A is a horribly boring and frustrating show to watch, but this one in my view was an exception. Probably the most entertaining thing I've seen on any TV channel in years.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  6. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I read the headline that the audience gave WhoFlungDung a hard time.....will give it a look in, but first a dose of Stemetil given past involuntary physical response to Q&A.

Is it just me, or has Stun Grunt gotten darker in recent years....kinda Michael Jackson in reverse.

Stun back in the day and now days
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

leo25 likes this.
  7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They use the negative instead of the photo!

Oddjob and Shaddam IV like this.
  8. leo25

Yea i noticed that when watching this episode, looks like a fake tan.

9. Oddjob

Against my better judgement I watched the episode of Q&A. How tame was that. Peter Ross had more agro on this Sunday Arts show on the ABC back in the day.

Has Q&A gone all "safe space" with this new format and host??:D

10. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought it started getting good at the end. And yes it looks like Australia is headed for further self loathing and flagellation due to our ‘inherent racism and bigotry’

leo25 likes this.
  11. leo25

oh come on, as if you didn't find Wang Xining entertaining in the 2nd half of the show? He was about to lose it as he was struggling to answer the questions and then started to go full anti America. :p

12. barneyrubble

barneyrubble Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Haven't watched it, but in a similar context The Jolly Swagman Podcast featured KRudd. Whatever you think of him, this is worthy of your 30 mins.

https://podplayer.net/?id=96568152

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here's another with Kev, and a fanboy, but interesting perspectives if you're interested.

14. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was Japan twenty years ago and in twenty years time it will be India, than Africa.

‘There was a time people was worried about American investing in Australia too

15. Oddjob

The panel and audience beating up on old mate Wang wasn't unexpected plus his clumsy attempts to justify PRC policy around human rights. Regardless, not a stella performance from Wang (was always on a hiding to nothing) and probably headed back home now for some "re-education" at a PRC holiday camp.

What I found strange is that the panel including Wang all behaved, didn't interrupt each other etc. Get rid of the pollies and get rid of the biff. Until someone throws a shoe at a panelist, it'll be a pale imitation till then. :D

leo25 likes this.
  16. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Typical "nothing to see here" post, ignoring that American and Japanese capitalism was more like our own and much less like Chinese communism.
    You may as well be proliferating that lefty argument that compares attitudes towards Muslim immigrants with past attitudes towards Italian immigrants.

17. dross

dross Active Member

Well as suspected, just another group with conflicting political agendas. It was fine for Stan to be using make up to be a few shades lighter when it suited his advancement but now it's more convenient to play the indigenous card (we are all racist, invaders, it's ingrained apparently). Sorry Stan i wasn't alive at the time & my ancestors weren't hear either. Talking about how small businesses are suffering like restaurants (can we guess which nationality has abandoned their brethren). So some white person who says something to or about an Asian (or any other power minority group) that they don't like (or more to the point they can get mileage out of) then we are all racists. Give me a brake how are the Asian community treating each other, throwing passengers out of cabs trying to get to a hospital, welding people in their homes, blocking Roads into towns & beating travelers away & that's just the citizens lets not start on the Govt. All of this pales into insignificant when compared to the worst thing humanly possible, some idiot saying something stupid & yes Australians are no different than any other country in that regards we all have some idiots. Way to little time actually spent talking about anything of substance or even on track with the purposed show.

Oddjob, heartastack and jnkmbx like this.