Provident Metals' New Silver Round

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by jchrisrobledo, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Luker

Luker Member

Thanks for posting that update Altima!

Cheers,
    Luker

2. Bobby Woodlawn

Bobby Woodlawn New Member

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good news so far on production quality - I've had this Privateer round sitting out without any protection. A few weeks ago people at the Sydney meet were handling it directly. I've picked it up several times with my bare hands. And no milk spots! For comparison, a while ago I took an RCM Maple carefully out of the tube wearing cotton gloves, and it spotted within 48 hours.

4. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Well, not sure this help any....but at least the maple is 10X the purity of the Privateer. :D

5. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Yeah, thanks Altima.

I was also starting to wonder what happened to the second Privateer round.
    I honestly don't know how much to trust a guy on Reddit but I hope he is right and we can see a coin within the next couple of weeks. If, not, I just hope we can hear some official updates from Provident.
    But if that Reddit guy holds true, I am glad they are working hard on the design and not releasing anything until it is just as great as the fist coin. Also, I am glad to hear that they aren't afraid to say, "Hey this sucks, scrap it and let's start again." That can be costly, but they want an amazing coin. The P1 got so much hype and it delivered, now you have to release nothing but the best and keep it up if not people will just give up on the series and criticize. They realize that with all the success with the P1, you now have to replicate a coin just as good or even better, every.. single.. time.

Can't wait to hear some more news soon.

6. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apparently the guys behind the Privateer rounds are active on the Reddit subthread, just gotta find whether it was Silverbugs or something.

7. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Just to clear this up for you guys, Joe Merrick works for Provident and is the person releasing the info on the Privateer. I'm not entirely sure what his job title or position is, but he works for Provident and has his hands all over these. Here is his reddit page and it's pretty obvious that he works there and is in the know...

http://www.reddit.com/user/ProvidentJoeMerrick

8. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Further EDIT..

I agree, these are sexy.. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Oh wow, that looks goooood!

Haha maybe you can bug them to make the rounds colored from now on.

10. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

The artist is already 2 steps ahead of you.. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bphis/m.html

11. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Oh hahaha. I see you actually got those pictures from someone who is selling them. I get it.

That's some pretty cool talent. I wouldn't buy one, but it's cool.

12. Luker

Luker Member

"Elemetal Mint Releases Mintages on the Privateer and American Landmark Series (P1, P2, ALS1, and ALS2) (self.Silverbugs)

submitted 16 minutes ago by ProvidentJoeMerrick

I have been authorized by the Director of the Elemetal Mint to release final mintages on the Privateer Series and the American Landmark Series. They are as follows: Privateer (P1): 70,344 Siren (P2): 61,640 Grand Canyon (ALS1): 18,152 Liberty Island (ALS2): 24,490

Elemetal is going to add a page on [Elemetal.com](www.elemetal.com) that will contain mintages of limited release rounds after they have been discontinued. I am not sure when the page will be built, but in the meantime, these are the final mintages of the limited release rounds to date where production has been discontinued. "

https://www.reddit.com/r/Silverbugs...etal_mint_releases_mintages_on_the_privateer/

13. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on this Luker.

I'm surprised that the American Landmarks series has that low mintage....I would have guessed at least as much as the Privateer rounds which have (at least for the first Privateer round) somewhere around 300% more minted than the American Landmarks.

I bought another one of the Liberty Island rounds and received it recently.....they really are spectacular looking rounds and for Yanks like me, are a source of tremendous symbolic pride.

Thank you, France, thank you.

14. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Thanks for the great info. Although I prefer the look of the Privateer going by the mintages the American Landmarks coins should appreciate in value more over time I guess.

15. mmissinglink

16. silver kook

Works out to be $619 AUD shipped from the USA. Perth Bullion is a bit cheaper at $549 AUD excluding postage within Australia. You would think an extra $20 should cover posting. I have been doing the sums going to get some before they dissapear.

17. o-to

o-to Member

You're welcome buddy!

18. mmissinglink

In my view, far too often, many stackers are comparing apples to raisins. I'm not stating you are doing this here because I don't know what you mean by "Perth Bullion". But I can tell you that qualitatively, these Elemetal Mint American Landmarks high relief rounds are in a different league than most bullion I've ever come across. These are comparable to what other mints call "numismatic" or "collector" coins, in my view.

While most other bullion is meant to be stacked raw and bare, personally, I and most others that I know of who are purchasing the American Landmarks series rounds are keeping these rounds in the custom capsules they arrived in or if buying a tube of rounds, also buying the custom capsules and transferring the rounds into them because these rounds have such a nice collector finish.

Comparing the American Landmarks series rounds to ordinary bullion is, in my view, comparing apples to raisins.

19. mmissinglink

:cool:

20. silver kook

I was saying that Perth Bullion (Australian Bullion Dealer) is selling the American Landmarks rounds cheaper than the Ebay seller. Not comparing apples to raisins just highlighting a cheaper price for the American Landmarks rounds for Australian buyers. I agree that they are great looking rounds and exceptional quality of design and finish. Look even better in capsules as it enhances the high relief. Plus there is a nice design on both sides of the round rather than a boring old Queen's head.