Profile of a stacker....

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Audeamus, May 13, 2014.

1. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

Profile of a stacker.

The PURE Stacker Also known as the spot chaser. Doesn't like awkward shapes, they don't stack well. Often finds themselves in the predicament of needing a larger safe. The Pure stacker is a very emotional character and has a tendency to have strong political views. They are the most likely to survive a SHTF scenario Generally loves charts and graphs and has a tendency to be in 100%. Struggles with the concept of paying a premium for modern coins. A large percentage of PURE stackers become HUMBLE stackers.

The SENTIMENTAL Stacker A curious type. Has no real care for spot price and is often at odds with the idea of stacking. Considers themselves more of a collector than a stacker. Feels most at home when at home. When not in their natural habitat they are at coin shows. They always have the last words in their relationship "Yes dear".

The DRAGON Stacker - Very secretive unassuming type. Highly intelligent, with a strong bias towards Gold. Doesn't play well with others, but very loyal to old friends. The dragon stacker is well connected and uses their cunningness to great effect. The only distraction to a DRAGON stacker is another DRAGON stacker. The DRAGON stacker is the most likely of the stackers to die with their stash hidden forever lost. It is unusual for a Dragon to ever sell.

The GEN Y Stacker- The most likely to swap 10oz bar for a car part. Often needs to sell part of the stack to pay for speeding fines. Starts out as a hard core PURE stacker but fizzles out very quickly due to lack of funds. Very vocal on forums for a short time before loosing interest. The gen Y stacker is considered at risk of having their stash stolen due to the high frequency of drunken rants. Can be very clever and resourceful but lacks focus. Most likely to return to stacking later in life as a PURE stacker. Those that do survive often take up the sport of flipping coins. The Pure stacker loves the gen Y stacker due to the ability to pick up metal at or below spot price whilst getting rid of unwanted car parts.

The HUMBLE Stacker Generally one of the most caring stackers, liked by all, but notorious for making bad financial decisions. They buy high and sell low. Are very influenced by those around them and will do anything for you at a moments notice. A Humble stacker can become a sentimental stacker and a life long friend. They are also the most likely to own a metal detector.

The CROW stacker - Has an addictive nature, falls in love with anything shiny and often confuses stacking with collecting. Likable family type, who often hides metal purchases from their partner. The CROW stacker often involves their partner in their addictive ways. Often seen buying over priced coins, medallions, bars, modern coins, semi numis actual numis and display cases. The Crow stacker is generally very content and politically aware. The most likely to pass their shiny stuff on to the next generation of CROW's. Also the most likely to buy a metal detector from a Humble stacker near new for half price.

The TECHNICAL stacker- Technically not a stacker. Loves charts, yields, all in cash cost, board meetings and SMSF (self managed super funds). As far as they are aware, most of their stash in unallocated paper holdings. Still living in the blissful world of being unaware.

Feel free to add.

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm somewhere between a dragon and a technical. I love trading shares as much as I love stacking physical metals. Despite it's flaws I still prefer to follow economic indicators such as CPI, US dollar index, VIX, 10Y bond yields, PMIs etc but I would have no issue selling any of my physical metal if I believed the time was right to rotate into another asset.

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The DRAGON sounds like a common hoarder.

4. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

Haha, yea, pretty true all round, - but I would have though the pure stacker/spot chaser would prefer an odd shaped round at spot to a perfect shaped Scottsdale stacker bar at spot + 10%

Is there a tight a*se stacker - The type that wont spend any $ on anything so they can get more oz's..

5. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would also consider a flipper a different type of creature

6. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Profile of a stacker

[​IMG]

7. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hmm, I can't seem to fit into any of the above.

Anything to describe one who has a short attention span and ends up selling his stuff after completing the collection? :p

8. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

That's me!

9. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like a Gen Y version of the sentimental.. Are you into cars and coin shows? :p

10. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Naah. I don't have drunken rants, don't have a car (way too expensive to own one), and hate coins shows cos I don't find anything I like!

Perhaps an offshoot of the Gen-Y stacker!

11. PT Cruiser

PT Cruiser Active Member Silver Stacker

I didn't think any applied to me, until I got to the CROW, that's me in a nutshell!

12. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What about the buy, bury, and draw a map stacker?

Gets a few new things to fondle and admire then bury.

I have not looked, touched, admired, totaled for half a decade.

And will not for many years to come.

myy stack is a form of intergenerational savings that will.....?....

13. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

A cross between a Gen Y stacker and a Crow...

14. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

Im a mad hatter stacker. I stack what i like then change my mind about what i like and sell my entire stack because i want to stack something else. Over and over again. It never ends...CHAAANGE PLACES!!

15. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

16. Marco55

Marco55 Member

The Sentimental/Crow best suits me. I still have Silver when it was $5 and $5.50. And I have seen 2 bouts at almost $50.

17. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

The PIRATE stacker. They like the gold as much as silver though it needn't be numis as long as it clinks and shines. Its price is of little concern because they know its always gonna be worth more later than all the rum through the belly. The Pirate acquires enough to fill a chest then sinks or buries it but not before drawing up a map to remember after long stints at sea.

18. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

I think I am mostly a crow with some dragon like tendencies. The wife doesn't care about my PMs and I'm not about to tell her all the details. Her take on it is I am buying coins for my little coin collection lol. I generally don't see much difference between stacking and collecting and if I ever have kids I would hope I'd have my entire stack intact to pass on to them. If I don't have kids I'll dragon it up lol. Not interested in selling unless I get jammed up in a bad way.

19. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

Part humble and part crow for me lol. I just keep on stacking regardless of price. It seems like I have 10 various sets to complete from 3 ase sets to a panda set etc...

20. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

I'm a mix of several of those, and I think most people are too. They all seem too specific to for someone to identify with.