"Privy" silver coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by DU808, Mar 30, 2011.

1. DU808

DU808 New Member

Does anyone collect Privy silver coins? Do they have more or less the same value of the standard coins of the same type?

I accidently bought one on e-bay and am wondering if I should just resell it or keep it.

Thoughts?

2. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't see you getting too much more for them. But having said that, they are usually the last silver to leave my hands.

I'd have a privvy Kook over a Maple or ASE.

Generally though, the older Lunars have more of a premium than the privvy coins.

Disclaimer: I am not a Noomie!

3. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

I'd have a privvy Kook over a Maple or ASE.

You probably meant to say that ud have a privy Kook than an unprivied one.

Any general Kook ( excluding 1990 or other lower mintages ) should cost MORE than ANY Maple ( same desing , excl privies ) and ANY ASE ( excluding the
    low mintage year )

Look getting a privied Kook is like fixing 80% of your mortgage and letting the other 20% float.
    The privy introduces some numismatics ( rarer coin, more appealing - thus costs more ).

But do not go overboard with what you pay for the privy.

Not sure what the Premium on the privy is, but you can perform searches on eBay to display
    completed listings of kooks that had privies on them and you can focus on a certain year and research how much
    on average is a privy Kook form 1998 for example more expensive than standard 1998 Kook.

If you are not sure how to construct search queries to do that on eBay than let us know.

Cheers