Prepared to be "rescued" - Militarised Police

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Miloman, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Big boys toys,

or

boys playing at soldiers!

OC

2. Old Codger

Come to think of it, a reasonable shot could put a couple of rounds through those gun ports, and the ricochets would kill all inside.

OC

3. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah I see the massacre port aren't covered. I'm sure that they must have something to protect the murderers.

4. Miloman

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...7s-today-tonight/story-fni6uo1m-1226948663215

Looks like Rodney Clavell was sane and did know something. To take his own life though, he must have known that the alternative of torture by police was going to be worse.

Looks like another Chris Dorner. Funny how MSM label anyone against the establishment as "craze".

Question is what did he know? Why was he interested in protecting others?

Clearly the hostages weren't hostages. The police mounted a huge response, he was not the threat they claimed him to be. He was honest in telling the police to leave him alone.

I don't think the truth will ever be exposed.

If he did what they claim then he is a criminal but something is not right. I think they were out to get him like he says and he is probably not a criminal at all.

A committed Christian to the end and a "criminal" this thing sinks!!!

Did he actually kill himself or was he murdered?

What's going to happen to the woman spilling the beans?

5. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

What, do you suggest they run out naked with slingshots against armed hostiles? Based on what you infer, your city must be damn safe without a single crime, and violence never escalates to the point of needing heavily armed police. Better safe than sorry if the situation ever arise. Why is such militarizes police such a bad thing? They don't just randomly open fire on anyone they feel like it.

Here in the US, there are plenty of psychotic people that are trigger happy. There has been countless situations where typical patrol police did not suffice, and a full SWAT team had to be dispatched. I'm fortunate enough to live in a very safe neighborhood, but just an hour away in Los Angeles California, you could get shot for having your car window down and playing the wrong type of music. This is no exaggeration. LA and Oakland in California are one of the most violent cities. Sure there are police brutality all the time, but there are also times where this type of armed police is NEEDED.

6. Old Codger

The pic in #46 is NOT a 'tank'. It is tracked/mobile artillery.

Just the thing for fixing a hostage situation!

OC

7. Miloman

Did you guys just miss post #47?

It is highly probable that the guy was innocent and the very reason he was chased, jailed is because he uncovered corruption of how the system works.

Secondly this is in Australia. It is far safer.

Thirdly show me one example in Australia where this thing has saved any lives.

Fourthly tank vs. mobile artillery, geez.... like purple vs. mauve to me.

Finally, do you really think the government and those "guys" have your best interest at heart? They're like the mafia and worse in nearly every way. Those in control of government and the very system is evil as it benefits the few and that has nothing to do with "ability". Psychopaths that seek power or those that get corrupted are to be feared. There are more examples in this world than you would have time to explore them.

So let's see what governments have done?
    *murder
    *human experiments
    *war
    *GMO which 98% of people want labelled or banned
    *fine
    *violence
    *kidnap
    *monetary "regulation" actually monopoly
    *taxes
    *genocide
    *massacres
    *slavery
    *corruption
    *contamination
    *cover ups
    *assassination
    *extraordinary rendition
    *false imprisonment
    *religious and political persecution and torture.
    I could go on...

No historical government, ever was there to give power to the people, they have always gathered more power for themselves and less for the people.

You can defend it. Sure based on false flag operations performed by governments with their agent provocateurs. etc. etc.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." -Thomas Jefferson

8. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An interesting article on the subject here: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-spurs-debate-mrap-military-vehicle/10170225/

The US Department of Defense just gives military surplus Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles (MRAPs) to any law enforcement agency that asks nicely. And pays shipping. Which is about five grand.

5.56 M16s are about $120 and 7.62 M14s are $138. An unspecified "lucky dip" .45 pistol will set the sheriff back by a whole $58.71.

Like one one of the cops in the article says, they would have preferred a BearCat APC for their SWAT team, but they cost about $300,000 and the police department has a limited budget.

When the ex-military gear is so cheap it's almost free, who wouldn't take it? Okay, it probably doesn't get very good mileage, but you'd pay more for a third-hand *beep beep* Barina.

9. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Or maybe this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1jCzXPd6xM[/youtube]

11. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Threads like this reveal how nuts otherwise normal people can be. And willing to accept the criminal's side of the story unquestioningly. They must all be innocent and the true criminals....got away every time.

12. Miloman

I disagree. There is evidence. Click the link for the interview.

His behavior was consistent with telling the truth and the establishment was found to be telling what we now know to be lies.

I don't know who you are or if you represent in any way interests that extends to others by making that comment.

I take it that you defend when governments and the establishment commit crimes?

13. southerncross

If it's nuts to not want to be subjected to physical harm or even death by overzealous and armed to the teeth cop's who look and act more like a soldier than a peace officer, then I'm nuts.

If it's nuts to not want to be a source of revenue for the state but a cop has a quota to fill rather than a job to do, then I'm nuts.

If it's nuts to think that for every ten decent cops out there, there is quite possibly 1 or more arsehole in a police uniform who think they have the right to break the law in any way they see fit, then I'm nuts.

This one is inside a police station, do you see the other cops doing anything about it ? Imagine what that sort would do out on the streets.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9nWFCqAAOQ[/youtube]

These people are supposed to enforce the law, not beat the crap out of you.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTWoMHAZprE[/youtube]

14. Miloman

SC,

If you really think about it how many times is there a camera to film things? Rarely. It's getting better but most people are scared to film the police even though it's legal. Think of the majority of time there is no camera. And use statistics to make a representative sample of police behavior and you will see it's a culture and common practice.

Why are people so afraid of police? Because they know police are on Power Trips are usually NOT there to help people.

I have never been in trouble, I don't do drugs, I don't even drink alcohol. Why am I and so many other innocent people scared of police?

Also I've seen police hurt people and do the wrong thing on many occasions, threaten people and make up stories on a few occasions. It can be terrifying. The have injuried and killed and removed evidence etc.

I've witnessed someone whilst giving testimony who was jumped on IN COURT whilst talking to the magistrate by about 12 police and had their teeth smashed and was injured. Luckily there were a bunch of witnesses, we rang up the station. I even spoke to the superintendent who accused the injured guy falsely of making trouble whilst there were maybe 30 cops in the court room and right next to the police station, I asked him "I understand you are saying what he did according to your officers and their statement of fact. However we have many witnesses and there's a recording in the court room that shows those facts are simply untrue and made up. Also your accusation is of a serious nature, are you on the record for that because I thought it was up to a court to say if he's guilty of that and he has the right to the presumption of innocence". About 30 minutes later he was release with charges but no bail, no court appearance, no date then about two days later the charges were dropped.

There are countless stories. But all you have to do for yourself is go and sit in a court room for a day and see if there is what you think is correct "justice" being done and if you think it is fair. Not according to the judge or consensus but what your conscious thinks is right. You will be DEVASTATED if you think justice is being done.

Funnier still is "DEATHS IN CUSTODY", yeah they were all just killing themselves. Does anyone know how difficult it actually is to take your own life?
    Are you so sure they weren't "MURDER IN CUSTODY"???

15. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If the Police continue their rough house tactics and brutality on the public, I wonder how long it will take for the public to stand up and say "We won't take this anymore" and start to fight back.
    In most situations that we see on video, the Police are massively out numbered it's just that people are scared of them and don't want to interviene.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41iYPtWV15c[/youtube]

16. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I'm a libertarian. I just think people go to the worst case scenario when this topic comes up. I'm not defending anyone. One of the few things the government should do amongst its' many many tentacles is to run Police and courts. The police are a reflection of our society. American police are rough, surprise, the American street is brutal and they are a reflection of that.

17. southerncross

Look back to the very first post Anglo. That first image is from my home town in Cairns Pop 160,000, sure enough we have more than our fair share of redneck and anti authority types (in which I count myself) but in what reasonable scenario would that type of vehicle or combat kit be needed in this part of the country ?
    We also have our fair share of redneck cops who think nothing of using excessive force and use it as a day to day tactic when dealing with the public, I've seen with my own eyes a 55 kg woman's arm snapped while in handcuffs being led to a paddy wagon just after she witnessed her boyfriend being beat unconscious on the street by five cops while also handcuffed. I along with a number of other people appeared in court as witness' and lo and behold the judge hearing her obstruction of police officers charge wanted nothing to do with it and slapped her with a fine anyway.

The whole system is becoming more hostile overall to those they actually serve, WE pay their salary's, THEY are servants of the public. They are not their to rule us, they are employed to perform a service. When approached by an overbearing, authoritarian, abusive, rude, and disrespectful member of a public service I will respond like wise.

If I am driving along in my private property on a public thoroughfare and am not breaking the law or endangering anyone but am pulled over my first question is "Why are you pulling me over, Did I break any law" ? Under the "Law" I am quite entitled to do so, but it is a big issue for most Police Officers.

Most often it is a mandatory breath test..... And then they start on everything else, where are you going, where have you been, have you been in trouble with the law before. None of which I have to answer under the law. Can we search your vehicle, why? What have you got to hide?, can you step out of your vehicle, I have reasonable suspicion to believe...... So I am under STATUTE LAW going to blah de blah de blah.

Mind you even a tool kit carried in a car could possibly be used as an instrument with which to commit a break and enter or a loose screw driver used as a weapon so reasonable suspicion could be basically anything they dream up. Can I search your person...No I don't want you to..... Same story.

Just questioning their "authority" is straight up a reason for suspicion, and a reason for them to find something, anything to ping you with. When all else fails they will go over your vehicle with a fine tooth comb just to write a ticket. I was once in a vehicle in the N.T that was defected for a faulty glove box of all things, a screw was loose on a hinge on one side and was deemed unsafe so the vehicle copped a yellow sticker as the cops didn't like our attitude after searching the vehicle and occupants for over an hour.

This is not what was intended under our constitution. Sure times have changed and so has crime but the Police are not there in my mind to harass and intimidate the public or act as a law unto themselves as they personally see fit. If their aim is to enforce the law then they should at the very least abide by it to the letter and not abuse their powers punitively on those in the public who question their motives or supposed powers in a non violent manner.

80% at least of the time I have a mutually respectful and harassment free encounter with Police Officers but that is most often I would say due to my demeanour at the time and not theirs. Increased powers and use of police as a source of revenue for states country wide will see more and more abuse of power and escalation of excess force as time go's on I think as will an increased fear of Police in the population lead to more violent encounters.

Real Crim's have always had the police out gunned but it would seem that if you give police the the equipment they will justify it's use against anyone one way or another.

A joint smoking hippy with a few grams of pot is a real easy target for a million dollars of ex military equipment and a bunch of gung ho Police Officers dressed for combat, flash bangs through the windows, laser scopes on foreheads through night vision goggles and a $500,000 vehicle parked on the front lawn while their kids scream for $100 worth of dope .... meanwhile white collar crims rip $100 million dollar windfalls and get a visit from their lawyer to arrange a meeting in a plush office downtown to negotiate things.

18. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone see the news overnight about that town in the U.S. where the militarised police showed up to handle some unrest?

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not the best look if you want to calm things down:

[​IMG]

20. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

US war machine supplies Natzi Gestapo storm troopers to calm the situation :/