potential terror attack in new york

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by serial, Sep 18, 2016.

1. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Breaking news - 2 explosions in new york with injuries reported but no deaths yet.

2. serial

3. ego2spare

ego2spare Active Member

A rubbish bin blew up, with no deaths..

4. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Not quite?

A pipe bomb exploded in a rubbish bi n not far from an organised event and there was another larger explosion in a rubbish skip bin.

This is such a common place thing in a big city that experienced 3 huge buildings collapsing through terrorist attacks of some kind so no need to worry about smaller bombs or the threat of! lol

5. serial

Wow bombs go off in a city and because they were in bins then its not an issue??
    Or did you mean otherwise ego2spare?
    Looking at what we know I believe bombs had been planted in bins to go off at an organized event but the rubbish truck picked them up and the reason the bomb in the park was ineffective was because it was designed to go off in 2nd wave of bombs to target 1st responders

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Must be them Presbyterians!

OC

7. ego2spare

ego2spare Active Member

I dono, Sorta half half. Bombs and explosions all over the world every day where many many people die = 0 threads. bin explosion in america, many window casualties = 1 thread, potentially more.

If they easily put them there they could have easily put them in a building/shopping centre where more people are. Without any waiting around period. I guess terrorists arnt against the western world after all. they just hate heath and fitness.

8. serial

Lol you have uncovered their scheme to put the west off healthy events and let cardiovascular disease kill the infidels!

9. fishtaco

Many window casualties and 29 injured people in a rich area of Manhattan not far from the very popular and trendy meatpackers district.

I take it you are quite unfamiliar with Manhattan and NY to believe there are more people in a shopping centre than in and around Chelsea on a Saturday evening.

10. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Anybody who isn't blindly welded to a Leftist ideology, desperate to avoid admitting they were wrong about Islam, will of course wonder if this is a terrorist attack, because Muslim terrorists have a fondness for killing innocent people using explosives, and have done so frequently in recent times. I would guess that 90% of religious terrorism in the world today is perpetrated by Muslims. Consequently, any such occurrence will be suspected as being an Islamic attack until the facts are established.

This is perfectly understandable, and reasonable. Nobody is throwing ropes over tree branches and dragging Muslims out of their homes, so in no way could such speculation be called 'islamophobia'. It's just common sense: (1) a bomb goes off in a public space (2) said bomb uses technology that has been used by Islamists (3) the bombing strategy (two bombs with seperate timings to cause casualties among first responders and people escaping) - this all points to Islamic terrorism, but it could be some other variety of lunatic.

11. ego2spare

ego2spare Active Member

Ow im sorry. I thought it was in a poor area. But since u pointed out that it was 29 rich new yorkers injured, i apologize for ever brushing this off as not much.
    What does the level of wealth and how 'trendy' the area is have to do with how important this is or isnt?.. :|

I feel u are unfumiliar with western society that u think that there are more people standing around a dumpster than people in a shopping centre.

12. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Active Member Silver Stacker

Good time to be a glazier

13. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Too soon. Not funny.

14. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Soon after the explosion, Donald Trump was asked about the incident and called it a bomb.

The MSM and social media erupts in virtuous indignation, "It's too soon to call it a bombing!" (gnash, screech, punch wall, have another Chardonnay)

Before Trump made that call, the (Democrat) Mayor of NY had called it a bomb. Media outrage factor: 0

A little while later, Clinton calls it a bomb. Outrage factor: 0

15. fishtaco

Fool lol.

Its a very popular area for everyone in NY with many restaurants coffee shops museum and it just so happens to be an up marker housing area with hotels and a lot of yuppie nightlife but you only know of Times Square or the twin towers financial district from tv and films lol. Dumpsters are everywhere in NY so are building works and scaffolding just like you would expect in any major city of this age. Its an ideal place for a bomber I would imagine to put fear into native New Yorkers and not just tourists from all over the world like who hang around in Times Square!

If you had been to NY you would realise just how foolish your statement of more people around a dumpster than a shopping centre really is.

You have no idea thus your original comment on this thread coupled with no idea of just how many people are in NY compared to a suburban shopping centres!

16. serial

fishtaco, I think he is either trolling or and inexperienced fool. the fact that there was no loss of life does not lessen the fact it is a terror attack.
    I doubt he would be as blas if he suffered cutes/bruises/concussion from a bomb blast near his home. "well I am still alive so its ok that they tried to kill someone/me"
    moronic

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hillary was a few gins in when she heard the news it seems.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKA9L6IQvoQ[/youtube]

18. ego2spare

ego2spare Active Member

Actually ive been there twice on holiday... and i think you just read one of the many articles describing the area :rolleyes: 'Massive loss of life'... thats the whole point of a terrorist bomb. why are u talking like this was a small nuke to take out an entire district? It was a pipe bomb in a bin lol. U dont have to know about NY to know that blowing up a building/ferry/stadium/shopping centre full of people would be way more effective, WHATEVER god damn city you are in, than a bomb in a dumpster on the side of a road, Its kind of universal, not just a new york thing :rolleyes: u must me mind blown that the centre of 5th and east 27th street wasnt the target on Sep 11 because of how up and coming it was and the amount of yuppy clubs there :rolleyes: its weird to say, but you would make completly sh*t house terrorist. You can take that as a compliment :) I think your forgetting that bombs were placed there for a sporting event the the next day... and not because its a 'cool and trendy' street to place a bomb. Like what ever the F u are talkign about.... god this is a weird conversation

19. ego2spare

ego2spare Active Member

U must be a very experienced fool. ;) never did i say it wasnt a terrorist attack. Or that the lack of deaths disqualified it from being a terrorist attack. Also, i never said that the people injured should not be so upset considering... Your actually quite the over qualified fool. :rolleyes:

20. ego2spare

ego2spare Active Member

He just dosent understand like u and me steve. But its a time for love, not hate. They were good, hard working windows. Always provided light and kept the heat in with out any complaints. Replacing them will be hard. But i know there up there, somewhere, letting light shine through for the angels. R.I.P :(