(potential) eBay counterfeit seller takedown

Discussion in 'Fakes & Counterfeits' started by chansax, Oct 27, 2016.

1. chansax

chansax New Member

Hi,

Looking for anyone else who has been scammed by this eBay seller (27_offsuit). I returned the fakes I bought from them to get a Paypal refund. The coins were unclaimed and have been returned to me (the address doesn't seem fake, so maybe the name is). He/she also left feedback for me which was completely false.

Anyway, a while back I referred the issue to the AFP and actually got them interested. They got some info from me but unfortunately I did not have the coins in my possession at that time. Now they might want to investigate further.

It would be nice to get corroboration from his other buyers. Sucks that eBay doesn't care though.

Cheers

[​IMG]

2. Vezpit

Vezpit Active Member

Found this also with another seller. Brass repo of 1910 UK Sovereign. Easy to spot too thick & wrong weight. When scratch tested with acid made a nice smoke bloom & scratch disappeared off my test stone. Sent back & got refund. Received back as seller moved with no forwarding address. E-bay needs to clean up this sort of BS.

3. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you played poker you would have known to avoid someone with that username