Postal deliveries redirected for thousands of kilometres to ease pressure off Melbourne workers

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by ozcopper, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

high quality NOS solid brass screws.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  2. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From the other side there's almost a compulsion to claim as ebay only allow a limited time frame to claim if goods don't arrive, so ebay and Ausposts deficiencies become your problem.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  3. SteelHand

SteelHand Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm fine with the delays as long as there is communication between the buyer/seller. I have had to request a refund for one item today as it has been 5 weeks since I won the auction. Only reason I went through the refund process is because the item was never marked as posted and they never responded to the multiple messages I sent requesting date posted/tracking number

Jason1 and ozcopper like this.
  4. Yankee101

Yankee101 Member

Well, a few parcels were delivered this week.

The Fastway parcel took 5 days from Sydney to my Melbourne suburb. Not bad.
    The parcel from the suburb less than 20 kilometers away that went to NSW and back took 15 days.
    The parcel from the ACT which also went walkbaout to Sydney and sat there for days was even worse at 17 days.

WA is stuck in Perth now for 11 days
    Still waiting on the one from NZ which is taking even longer than stuff fom Europe. I guess it will take over a month or more to get here.

Speaking of which a letter is at 11 days and counting and I made a purchase off eBay and didn't know that the country suspended delivery to Australia so who knows when (IF??) that one will get here.

Japan still has no air mail to Australia, but you can send air letters to places like Ecuador and Cape Verde from Japan!!!

Something must be really wrong with people and systems these days where they are not even able to fix the mail systems and this crap has been going on for 6 months now.

Why in the world can't a postal system in Europe contract with another country such as the UK to get their overseas mail going again?

5. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Bit of a question, Wanting to buy some guitar pickups from Vic, cannot get any local or even in my own state as everything is sold out and only place that have them instock is a mob in Victoria.
    im in qld, the seller offers three service, one being stardard Aus post, the other Aus post express and the other option Fastways. knowing full well the Standard Aus post is not going to arrive for weeks and weeks, is Fastways a better option do you all think over Auspost express?

6. Yankee101

Yankee101 Member

"Is Fastways a better option do you all think over Auspost express"

YES!

My package from Sydney took 5 days by Fastways.

The Australia Post package took 15 days from a suburb here in Melbourne to my suburb in Melbourne via Sydney!!!

And my letter/parcel from NZ took 27 days. And looking at the printed 'postmark', it sat in Sydney at the letter processing facility for a total of 9 of those days.

The parcel from WA is still sitting at the Perth facility. It was sent on the 9th of September.

Australia Post is pathetic.