Post Brexit (baby)

Discussion in 'Gold' started by brexitbaby, Jul 22, 2016.

1. brexitbaby

brexitbaby New Member

I am pretty happy to see that Gold is holding up so well after Brexit.

Looking into my "crystal ball" I cannot see any reason/s in the short to medium term why this will not only continue but improve by some margin in my (extremely) humble opinion.

My "crystal ball" was cleaned and zeroed this morning with the Gold price future looking pretty rosy to me.

Happy days :p

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Never have any confidence in 'the powers that be'.

What ever is in their best interests is what will happen, until it all gets out of control.

JMO

OC

3. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We should all learn to relax & trust that TPTB have things under control and according to a grand plan... 'cause there fck all any of us can do to influence the outcome. :p

4. brexitbaby

brexitbaby New Member

TPTB - Please explain.

5. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Malcolm Turnbull!

6. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Isn't he a former leader of Goldman Sachs?

Just as well he put his hand in his pocket to help out the libs inthe marginals or he would have been back as a Derivative trader. :)

Regards Errol 43

7. brexitbaby

brexitbaby New Member

With the Brexit vote being over 5 weeks ago (23rd June) I am very pleased to see that the Gold Spot price seems to have stabilised around $1770-1775 AUD :p

Looking at the world I have absolutely No Reason to expect that today,tomorrow or even well into the future things will improve for the better to the point that Gold will "tank" only expecting it to continue to march forward slowly but surely upwards.

Looking at all of the economics (QE) and politics around the world (and here) I have no reason to think otherwise.

I do not work for any financial institution or have any financial training but Blind Freddy (there he is again) could see that.

I would like to thank Ainslie Bullion for it's brilliant daily contributions.

P.S. RBA 2:30 pm tomorrow :D

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I read from some "expert economist" that the market has priced in a drop in the official interest rate, if the RBA doesn't lower rates he argues that we could see the AUD climb to US0.80.

9. brexitbaby

brexitbaby New Member

I honestly don't think that will happen whatever the RBA does tomorrow or into the near future because we are still a export driven economy very reliant on iron ore which is seeing a "honeymoon" which was firstly unexpected and not expected to last.

But the big issue for me is that China our number one buyer of iron ore is in big trouble domestically with strikes,yes strikes doubling to 6000 this year up 50% from last year.

Over 250 million people have migrated to the cities for jobs from the rural in the last 10 years with millions of them today out of work because of dying orders because of the worlds shrinking economy.

Even if these now unemployed Chinese workers can get a job with most of them unable to return home they get less pay working longer hours with employers trying to rob them again stealing conditions like severance pay,etc.

There is huge growing internal discontent in China with huge changes in workplace relations needed which will never come quick enough in my opinion to head off the coming domestic problems.

So the dollar going to $80.00 no,our currency is only a safe haven if there is any value in it don't you reckon with us 24 million not really punching enough above our weight.

So I expect the "long awaited" slide of the AUD to start soon not to mention other big negatives like our Gold Medal personal debt,growing government debt and the "famous real estate bubble" to help with the downward move plus other things that I am too dumb :lol: to know about although probably have heard about.

I make my opinions from some of the commentary that I read here (A Bullion) and other places.

Please make up your own mind.

Happy days :)

10. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

"we are still a export driven economy very reliant on iron ore"....sounds like Joe Hockey's speech when he was a treasurer..... He did his budget on iron ore high notes, then iron ore prices collapsed.... He's now hiding in US, but he's still on the govt paycheck.... Nice to be in public service job...

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

12. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Former British PM David Cameron charging $200,000 an hour to talk about Brexit

"HE LOST his job because of Brexit, but don't feel too bad for David Cameron.
    The former British prime minister, who failed to prevent the historic vote to leave the European Union earlier this year, is now raking in nearly his entire annual salary as PM for hour-long speaking gigs on the implications of Brexit on Wall Street, The Daily Mail reports.
    Mr Cameron was reportedly paid more than 120,000 ($200,000) for a talk last week to Blackstone Properties in New York. The fee was almost as much as his $238,000 (143,462) salary as PM, and worked out to about $3300 (2000) per minute."

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...t/news-story/942c78bb72fd0a7e929fc26d5a05d06b

Blackstone is now 'the largest owner of real estate in the world'
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/blackstone-is-largest-owner-of-real-estate-2015-11
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blackstone_Group

Set up by ex Lehman bankers that didn't go to jail ... Steve Schwarzman launched his IPO just beofre the GFC and made billions ... and his buddy Pete Peterson took over from David Rockefeller at the Council of Foreign relations to infect governments with their ideology as "governance" ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_George_Peterson

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Now what chance he's being paid for actually putting the Brexit to referendum?

14. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEV3zJbahvM[/youtube]

A trader speaks out in 2011 ...

15. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

Good to see fellow news.com.au readers :)