[POLL]Bring it On, Same Sex Marriage result by xmas

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Court Jester, Aug 8, 2017.

?

Do you Support Changing the marrage act in support of same sex couples.

1. Yes

37.8%
  2. No

62.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If there were no "fireworks" when Ireland passed the law, a country certainly more staunchly religious than Australia then why would it happen here?

2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I imagine many YES voters are dangerous leftists. That's what I gather by how they respond and act. And leftists are dangerous people. Look what they done to Europe!

Btw, I just filled out my marriage form. There was nowhere on it asking to explain why I/you choose what you did. So I just wrote a little something in there.

Gullintanni likes this.
  3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I trust you added a bit of glitter to the envelope for your YES vote!

Killface and mmm....shiney! like this.
  4. Skyrocket

No glitter but something colorful ! :D

Killface likes this.
  5. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Just because you don't read about it here doesn't mean it isn't happening. The Church of Ireland is exactly in this position now.

6. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Church, Homosexuality, says it all, doesn't it?

7. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just in case we need evidence of pre-meditation

8. JOHNLGALT

Yeah. probably not a good idea to explain to the 'anarchists' that what they are doing is WRONG in damaging your car.

The brain-deads wouldn't understand it any way.

Gullintanni likes this.
  9. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why read when I just pick up the phone and call any one of dozens of relatives in Ireland, one of which just also happens to be a priest??????
    I disagree with your opinion about fireworks sorry Tolly...it will be more like a few throwdowns or crazy jacks from a couple of ratbags but thats it, nothing like the display you allude to thats popcorn worthy.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  10. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

YEP:)
    After watching these radical during protests in other countries i have decided to be proactive and not risk my life or any others that may be with me.
    If i stumble upon a leftie protest and they impede my path i shall react as though my life is in danger .
    In NZ if we "feel" our life or any other life is in imminent threat we are allowed to take reasonable force to protect ourselves.
    As i have already seen what these idiots are capable of "reasonable" in my mind would be the use of deadly force , just as i know they would when they are in their frenzied group protests.

11. JOHNLGALT

Sorry, Unable To Edit, Maybe get @House to do it if you know how.

12. JOHNLGALT

@House Are you able to Edit my previous posts as requested in the PM I received?, Thanks. JLG.

13. JOHNLGALT

Thank you. _JLG.

14. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.themorningbulletin.com....-fired-i-cant-have-homophobes-around/3225458/
    Vote No worker fired: 'I can't have homophobes around kids'

A SMALL-BUSINESS owner has sacked a staff member who came out in support of the "no" campaign in the same-sex marriage postal plebiscite.

Madlin Sims, who runs a party entertainment company in Canberra, said she was taking a stand on the issue, likening it to employing a staff member who posted racist material online.

The sacked contractor was a woman who took photos of events and often posted them on Facebook. "Today I fired a staff member who made it public knowledge that they feel 'it's okay to vote no'," Ms Sims wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday.

"Advertising your desire to vote no for SSM is, in my eyes, hate speech. Voting no is homophobic. Advertising your homophobia is hate speech. As a business owner I can't have somebody who publicly represents my business posting hate speech online.

"1. Its bad for business. 2. I don't like s**t morals. 3. I don't want homophobes working for me, especially in an environment with children.

"It's not okay to vote no. It's not okay to be homophobic. This isn't a matter of opinion or even religion. It's a matter of the love and livelihood of real human beings. Freedom of speech is there for a reason and so are consequences. Vote against homophobia. Vote for equality. Vote yes."

She added that it was a "you're voting no, you're fired situation".

"There were prior conversations had," she wrote. "As a business that works with children of all kinds, we have a responsibility to working with vulnerable people and having someone who is out and proud about their beliefs (of which are statistically proven to have horrible effects on young members of the gay community) is a risk for the wellbeing of the children we work with."

Ms Sims' post has been shared more than 140 times and sparked fierce debate.

"I was reading comments the other day that were saying like everyone is allowed an opinion/freedom of speech etc. etc. but like when did blatant discrimination become acceptable," wrote Squizzy Skeels.

"Those people aren't just having an opinion, they are discriminating against [SSM] and yes it is hate speech to come out on social media and express so."

Rania Yallop said she had "nothing but respect". "Good job for standing up for equality and sticking up for what you believe in will certainly getting my business in the future," she wrote.

John Dale added that if a church could cancel a couple's marriage because they supported same-sex marriage on Facebook, "I fail to understand how an employer should be forced to ignore an employee of an equality employer taking the same (if morally more acceptable) position".

But Lysa Ant said it was "unfair and hypocritical". "Some homosexuals have expressed they will vote no, are they homophobes?" she wrote. "I think you need to be respectful of people's opinion and belief."

Michael Duggan said firing someone for having a different opinion "makes you a bigot". "If I was that person you sacked I'd be finding a solicitor real quick for unfair dismissal," he wrote.

Jason Owen said voting no "doesn't make someone a homophobe". "Lots of people including gay people are voting no because of behaviour like this," he wrote. "Not to mention what's happened in countries where SSM has been legalised. I hope the person you fired takes you for unfair dismissal and wins."

News.com.au has contacted Ms Sims for comment.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics began mailing out the Australian Marriage Law postal surveys last week. All survey forms should be received by September 25, and must be mailed back by October 27. The survey closes at 6pm November 7, and the results will be published on the ABS website on November 15.

Gullintanni and Skyrocket like this.
  15. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

O.k. it may not be so exciting as to warrant popcorn.
    My point being that institutions will face internal conflict should the law be passed. Personally I think the government has no place in being the morality authority. If I want to marry Flossy the sheep and I can prove that one 'baaa' shows consent then so be it.
    This will simply be the start of something different. A new balance point between opposing sides that will take time to be found after the turmoil.

16. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

straight to unfair dismissal

mmm....shiney! and Skyrocket like this.
  17. Skyrocket

Absolutely! But the tribunal may be progressive leftist like so many others are starting to be. Leftist = suicidal fools

Gullintanni likes this.
  18. vrv8

vrv8 Member

Boycott her so called business and sue her as I guarantee if the boot was on the other foot it would happen.

Gullintanni likes this.
  19. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Puh-leeeeeze!

You think it is 'reasonable' to look at completely unrelated news reports (are any even from NZ??) and decide NOW what would be an appropriate response? Then brag online about your intentions to try to kill 'idiot', ' scumbag', 'lefties'? If they so much as touch your car??

It's a good thing you're talking out of your arse, internet tough-guy, because if you really did that not only would innocent people suffer but you would get a rude shock when you stood in front of a judge and said 'but muh reasonable force'.

The law decides what is reasonable, not you. A pre-meditated action based on a clearly ideological prejudice might not be as excusable as you think.

If one of your lefty targets saw you coming at them and took you out, that would be reasonable because you were using lethal force. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Actually, I don't give a shit what happens to you.

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I doubt it even happened because she would have been aware of such legislation.

On the other hand, as an employer, it can be argued that she is entitled to employ (and fire) whomever she considers fit/unfit, and as vrv8 said, those that are unhappy with the circumstances can always boycott the business. All power to the consumer.

vrv8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.