PM Griffin "Mythical Creatures"

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by AngloSaxon, Dec 31, 2012.

1. silverbear

silverbear New Member

i bot this coin this morning... pm server was rather slow when i order... so i believe there's q strong demand for this coin....

2. lostwords

lostwords New Member

It kinda the same pattern as the 3 headed dragon. Sold out in a day or two. Will see if it continue to follow the trend of having tons available in secondary market for same if not lower price

3. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Now the Griffin is out, I really like it. But after buying bullion on payday do I really need this? Still undecided.

4. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Well I bought one. The second wave at the mint are still available.

Did a budget first before purchase of course. Now to hide it from the wife when it arrives....

5. picturefun

picturefun Member

Red Welsh Dragon still selling for at least $127.5 on flea bay. Where did you see $100 or so? I need one, Talismancoins cheated on me, I missed it. Do not want to pay anything more than $110 for it:D
    http://www.ebay.com/csc/Coins-World-/256/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=Red+Welsh+Dragon

6. picturefun

picturefun Member

Looks like the market is cooled down, NOT much flippers. Perth Mint has NOT even put any limit on purchase:D

I think flippers should buy more 1/2 oz Forever love coins, that one should be more popular

7. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I think you are right. At the moment the lowest prices on flee-bay are Power Coin and Talisman Coins with same price $119.95; Actually Power Coin is also offering free worldwide shipping for this coin and 96 pieces left. Until they have these prices will not be easy to flip them.

Alex.

8. picturefun

picturefun Member

I will order directly from Perth mint, even though that means I will need to spend A$400 for free shipping. I would rather let Perth Mint make more money, than the dealers like Talismancoins:D

9. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I think that Talisman Coins have the worst customer service and reliability, but I think they have best coin description, they decribe all single detail you find on the coin with images, history, facts etc.
    I would not buy from them after so many bad experiences I read on the forum, but I have to admit they have best coin description :)

Alex.

10. lostwords

lostwords New Member

Totally agree. I refuse to buy anything from Talisman coin. If you buy their pre-order... good luck getting the coins you ordered if it becomes hot. I used their website mainly for informations. hehe.

11. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Well may not have been such a 'smart' buy. 4 days on sale and it is still Available from the mint, as opposed to say the 3 Headed Dragon which sold out quickly.

As long as it looks good when I take possession of it :)

12. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I also liked this coin and I think its a bit soon to know which way it will go. The numbers available are not big (BB-20 coins was 35 yesterday) - I remember the tassie tiger which was avialable for weeks after release. I was in the rare coin company getting flips and they had 3 on the shelf - I bought them all for $92 each. We need to wait a bit longer.

13. knowles3

knowles3 Member

ronny is definatly right , i thought as soon as i saw this series that its too early to tell if its a winner or not, its unique and an alright design but i think its really going to depend on the second coin of the set.. but theres some interesting coins in this set : unicorn, phoenix, wherewolf and dragon, i think the dragon was a bad choice, ive had enough of them

14. Andelis

Andelis New Member

Here is a photograph (although not without some Photoshop) which is closer to the actual finishes on the coin.

[img=Mythical Creatures Griffin Coin]http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt124/andesbucket/GriffinCoin_REV2_zps6bb5a073.jpg[/img]