PM Goat

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by Ghost Story, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

Great replication of feral goats.
    They remind of a story about a mate of mine who was driving a new worker to a mine north of Kalgoorlie for his first job in the Goldfields.On the road up ahead they saw a dead nanny goat with a kid standing beside it.My mate always the jokester said to the newbie"Aww,it's mum has been hit by a car, tell you what ,I'll move the goat off the road while you catch the kid and we'll hand it in to the vet at the next town." The newbie (a kiwi I might add),keen to impress his new boss said "No worries mate !"and trotted off.(I might add two points of note here,firstly the kid(goat) was not that young,and secondly it was a stinking hot day.) Old mate had the youngster running around the desert for over half an hour,encouraging him along with comments like"keep running mate,you've nearly got him, we can't leave it out here to die etc etc". The mate couldn't help of course on account of a dodgy knee you know.
    By the time they got to the mine the old lag was freshly pressed, the new guy was soaked with sweat,very ruffled,no fn goat and cursing every feral in the Murchison.
    The newbie is an old hand now (still working underground) and still waiting for his chance to return the lesson..

2. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Trying to keep this info out of the launch threads...@ Barsenault, these guys had the best prices on the horse last year...

http://www.choicebullion.com/

and he is actually a poster on here and bullionstacker.com

3. octapotamus

octapotamus Member Silver Stacker

I'm loving the Gold Goat.
    That, and I'm born Year of the Goat, I'm going to have to grab my first ever Gold Lunars. I think it'll be a winner!

4. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

nice story, no kidding :)

for the world when people are no longer themselves, they pay slave term to the governments. so they share who they used to call children --> rename they kids. sad really.

this things called kids must go to government or public schools, not pubic school. sad. we are denied so great deal to be talking to the young :rolleyes:

when kids grown up, they become a human resource, the assets to deplete till they died. assets to be retired. what have freedoms really have left us all.

5. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I like the gold coin design a lot better than the silver.

6. somethingsilverrelated

somethingsilverrelated Member Silver Stacker

Such beautiful original coins! So unusual, I've never seen anything like it before!!

7. ashleyd123

ashleyd123 Member

Any idea how overpriced, sorry, how much the release price of the 1oz sheep will be from the PM ? I sense the biggest flop ever. Spot + 20% ??

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably more expensive than dealers.

Dealers in Australia have prices similar to below.

Current spot silver is about $21.19 AUD
    Current asking price for a 1oz Goat is $31.89 AUD

That's $10.70 above the spot price.

Perth's price, when they sell in September, could be...... about 50 - 70 cents above that.

9. Ossie

Ossie Member

10. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that winger
    One day his hating PM
    Next day he thinks certain coins (by a certain designer) are great :rolleyes:

11. ashleyd123

ashleyd123 Member

Who are you referring to??

12. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Holdfast
    Can't remember her name , just go through his posts & you'll see ;)

13. clear

clear Well-Known Member

biggest flop ever - are you serious?

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Spanner Monkey you have not read "ashleyd123" post (49) correctly!

The member asked:

how much the release price of the 1oz sheep will be from the PM ? (Extract from post 49)

To help you understand post 49 and... my reply in post 50 please review those posts.

Also...just to help you PM = Perth Mint.

Enjoy ya Vodka buddy! :lol:

15. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Perth Precious Metals Mint.
    310 Hay Street
    East Perth
    WA 6004
    AUSTRALIA
    P.S. They also sell Vodka but you need to ask by shifting a yellownote under the desk. No need to write anything on it, they will get the picture. ;)

16. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm really trying to like these goats, as I ordered 2 rolls of the 1 oz, but the more I look, the more I feel I made a bad purchasing decision. I'm not thrilled about the images. Looks sloppy. Granted it is a picture and not the real thing, and plus, how popular are goats world-wide. I'm debating canceling my order and take a 40.00 loss. Ugh. Should stick with the horse. Those and the Tiger seem to be the best looking...in my eyes of course.

17. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If you cancel because you think silver is going down a lot more, that is a good reason, but to cancel based upon the looks isn't. The S1 horse and goat are selling for about the same average price on ebay. The S2 tiger should keep a premium advantage over the other S2 lunars, but most of the other animals will do about the same. Since the sheep are cheaper than the horses, I wouldn't cancel the order.

Funny thing about the S2 tigers is that most people didn't like them when they first came out. I bought them a year later at spot + $4 from Gainesville and for another 6 months they didn't do anything. Then they took off in price. And I passed on S2 ox coins, because I listened to people about how ugly they were. :( At higher premiums, lunar coins aren't the no brainer investment they were in 2010, but they are still the first non ASE coin that I would consider buying and it wouldn't matter which animal was on the coin.

FWIW, a friend looked at the 2015 lunar coins and she prefers the silver sheep over the gold goat.

18. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hey there dccpa. Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it. This time around, I got a little eager in ordering from APMEX. Should have waited for Gainesville, as they have the lowest price. I will cancel my order with APMEX, pay the 50.00, and then when I get my comm'ish check next week- substantial amount - I'll be able to more than make up for the loss (as long as spot doesn't climb a buck or two from now until then). I'll be able to get the 1 oz for 27.50 vs the 31.50 I paid at APMEX, so I still come out way ahead...just wish I didn't have to lose the 50.00 but that's okay. I'll also be buying a few kilos of the kook and the goat. Again, as long as spot doesn't sky rocket a bunch in the next 7 business days, I'll be fine. Thanks for sharing your wisdom...I sincerely appreciate it.

19. Kam

Kam Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't agree, there was always about $20 to $30 difference between the S1 1oz goats and horses, horses are with the dragons, oxen and tigers the best S1 sellers while the goat have always been one of the less desirable years..

20. syracuse

syracuse New Member

No way! Both the S1 horse and goat are selling around $65 on ebay.