PLEASE HELP ME - Fake Gold bars

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Blippy Whorebucks, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Nukz

Nukz New Member

It's always interesting when somebody uses a newspaper dated recent to prove something lol

The color of the bars does not even look right. Its either spray paint tungsten or plated at best.

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Blippy Whorebucks, are you still around? Any further updates or adventures with the Philippine gold bar fakery that you can report to us?

I've been looking at the first pic in this thread and really don't know WTF to think, or what is sadder... the hilariously bad quality of these fakes or the inexplicable fact that there are people who were fooled by them.

Maybe since those early days we've become conditioned to very high quality fakes and replicas from Alibaba and eBay, so its hard to appreciate a time when people genuinely thought this stuff was legit.

3. Blippy Whorebucks

Blippy Whorebucks Member

hey thanks for your concern after so many years - I convinced my father not to go and said that it wasn't real, he is safe and well but still gullible - his most recent get rich quick scheme is emgoldex... I can't believe what a sucker he is sometimes.