Platinum Blobs ?

Discussion in 'Platinum' started by Austacker, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Howdy All

I managed to come across a very interesting person today and after speaking with them for many minutes we discussed various scenarios and PM.s etc... It eventually led to Platinum and buyers. It was then disclosed that they had some Platinum in various shapes that had been melted and was perhaps For Sale.

So I was curious would this be something stackers are interested in ? Now before we go too far it must be made clear there are no mint marks nor distinguishing marks it is a blob and a cup shape blob, however these will come with an assayed certificate would this be of interest if the price is right ? I am not interested personally but would be willing to act as a middle man with a small kicker for my trouble. Nothing is confirmed at this stage but I thought I would throw it out there for your thoughts.

If there is some interest I will investigate further and get some photo's etc... PM's welcome if you do not want to comment on here.

comments...

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

How large are the blobs?

3. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Not exactly sure but perhaps Oz size from what I took away from it. Could be a bit larger even.

4. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Maybe than too large in size - he should sell it to Perth Mint or a jeweller, as others/stackers would probably offer a lower price.

5. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

PM will not take it they have to go to Sth Africa to move it :( I will check a size when in next.

PM will only take hallmarked jewellery or World Coinage that is confirmed from a Krauz book etc... Gold only on world coins. Except ASE Maples etc... but will not take fractional pre-decimal or US Dimes and so on. AFAIK

6. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

This person has their own assay and guarantees the % etc... but again this was just purely a speculative would anyone be interested. Let me find out some more so people can make a more informed decision.

7. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to know the weight and the asking price. If a deal could be come to pending a XRF test I can't see why someone (possibly myself) wouldn't be interested if the price was right.

8. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

I read it as "Platinum Boobs." One track mind.

9. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I might fancy a blob or two - I've got jewellery to design at the moment... :D