Platinum - bars/coins/thoughts??

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by Lmac, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Lmac

Lmac Member

Hey all,

Just been doing some research and Platinum seems to be on the floor right now... Don't hear much about it but it is apparently sitting (low) at a distorted ratio to gold and supply is a little volatile though demand consistent and growing.

Anyone own any? Thinking of? Would love to hear the general consensus!

Cheers:)

2. boyracer

boyracer Member

There is a specific Platinum sub-forum (3rd down on the list). You'll have more luck with your question there.

3. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have some Pt as part of my long term strategy, generally speaking Pt has been a lot kinder to me than Ag and Au, as my timing of Pt purchases has so far proven less lousy than my timing of other PM purchases

As you mentioned the ratio to gold is still fairly low historically speaking, there is also a supply deficit (unlike the other PM's), either of these could potentially play a part in upside at some stage, whether it be in dollar terms or in trading the Platinum/Gold ratio.

from what I've seen there are a handfull of other members here with skin in the game on Pt, although I'd say we are in a small minority.

4. Lmac

Lmac Member

Interesting... Thanks Blacksheep. Just hope the industrial application stays high and I might jump in for some for diversity also.

Will check out the separate thread thanks boyracer

Cheers!