PLatina Resources (PGM)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Feb 7, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Platina is an explorer for Platinum and Palladium with land holdings in Greenland, Australia and Columbia

Australian resource is JORC compliant and represents the ONLY potential platinum mine is Australia, as well as a world class Scandium resource (which does need a market)

Greenland is quite large Platinum, Palladium and Gold deposit that has significant potential value and is being drilled

Columbia is tenement only - not a priority at this stage for the company

Currently trading at 0.16c - just under 0.7 ratio to book value, less than 0.3 ratio to total value

113.25 million shares on offer

0.15 - 0.55 year lo/hi share price

Fundamentals for platinum are just as good as other PMs - and this platinum company has NO ASSETS IN SOUTH AFRICA (this is significant)

http://www.platinaresources.com.au/

have a look at managment and their projects. Development costs in greenland might be higher than average due to remoteness

Warning: I own a possition - so DYOR

Magma Minerals (MMW) was the only other platinum explorer who is outside of South Africa I had on my radar - they recently came under offer for a merger with Panoramic Resources (their land was/is in Canada) - So platinum is still desireable to mining companies.

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Made a loss every year of its existence being an explorer. Price is back below its listing price after almost 6 years of progress. I might have asked you this before - have you ever made money from a company like this? Early 2000s I 'invested' in silver explorers because I believed in the silver bull market. If I'd bought physical silver I would have tripled my money. By investing in silver companies and gold companies, and sticking with them, I lost a lot of money to fabulists. The ASX is a happy hunting ground for con artist managers and directors who are out to plunder your share equity - especially in the junior space. All they've got is a story really
    Might be alright for a trade as the chart doesn't look too bad at this point and has enough cash left to get it through a few quarters.

fabulist n. A composer of fables. A teller of tales; a liar. [French fabuliste , from Latin fbula , fable.

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Evey person has to do their own assesment and make their own choice - every possition including cash has a risk profile.

No post I make is a recomendation to buy or sell - and should not be considered so - it is merely my opinion.
    Anyone who makes trades or purchases based on anything I write anywhere does so completely at their own risk.