PIO - Pioneer Resources

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by bellinvest, Apr 20, 2016.

1. markc

markc Member

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It doesn't matter how much you hold, it is the fact that you hold. Now when it doubles and triples take out your initial amount or a bit more and put it into the next one in line, then rinse and repeat.
    Your left over shares will be free carried and whatever happens up or down, you can cash out without losing your seed money.

There is a certain bloke on the BGS threads on HC that has turned 10,000 into well over a million in just over a year and is still going, another on the PIO thread that has turned just over 200,000 into over 2 million in less than that and every time PIO go's up a cent, he go's up $240,000 .

If you can turn a grand into 2 or 3 grand in a couple of weeks or a month and keep repeating that for a while, life can get sweet.

Make sure you DYOR !

3. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Wise words SC, thanks. Since buying SLR early Feb I'm a fraction over double today on that stock. I'll piss half off.
    Cheers

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

What makes anyone think they can keep picking winners in a row like that? If you got lucky and backed a now solid company at a bargain basement price, why not stick with it?
    And remember the tax advantages for holding for more than year.

5. SilverDJ

I made the decision when I bought to stick with SLR until it gets into the dollar range, or bust. I'm not selling. The new mini mining boom seems to have only just begun and SLR now seems as solid as any that have been riding this.
    In the end, someone gets to say I told you so, toss a coin!

6. southerncross

Notice the word at the beginning of my sentence ? It is not about being able to pick a winner time after time but using your profits to give you a greater chance of preserving your seed money (IE NOT LOSE IT) And getting a bigger spread of potential profits with what you have. EG you put $2000 into PIO at .02c and get 100000 shares, you sell half at .065 for $3250 and put it into something else or you keep it. Even if PIO kept rising or stayed where it is, you are free carried all the way + some on your initial $2000 dollars IE risk free. But you have also given yourself the chance to risk nearly 50% again on your initial investment right ? So you can keep the $3250 or you can put it into another company and lose it all or see it do the same again for you, but this time if it doubles you are up to $6500 plus your PIO shares so your intitial $2000 is now $9750 or more or less. What if in the meantime your PIO has doubled again to $6500 and your new investment has only gone up say 30% you are still up nearly a grand right ? Rinse and repeat.

Sitting on the same stock will always have a top, you will get to a plateau where the potential increase becomes incrementally smaller and will not give you any better returns than what you have already had, Splitting off some profit and preserving your seed money will give you a better chance at making the same gains again as you already have. I am nearly always, all eggs in one basket and watch it like a hawk, but have recently come to the understanding that you are just killing the potential with that approach.

You can't have anymore winners than one if you do not at least try to get more than one right, and an educated guess is better than none ?

7. southerncross

No-one is saying to sell all your SLR, but what if you saw another company that was on the same trajectory and you though it might do exactly the same, you did some research on it and it all looked good and was at nearly the same buy in price or even less as when you first bought SLR ? What if history was about to repeat with the new stock ?
    Your up over 100% and have the chance to sell some and buy this new stock ?

That's all I'm getting at, you don't have to sell it all, nor even half, just enough to get a toe or a foot in on it.
    You just said yourself "the new mini mining boom" is just beginning, but you are seemingly locking yourself out from all but SLR.
    From your point of view, you are not even tossing a coin.

8. SilverDJ

Of course.
    If I had to sell the stock, or some of it, because I really thought there was opportunity elsewhere then I would do it.
    But usually I can rustle up the cash somewhere else and build my entire portfolio rather than just diversify my current portfolio even more. I earn money every day...

No, I have half dozen others. Some winners, some losers. This includes BGS and PIO.
    But I like the way SLR is travelling, and selling some at less than a year old is not good from a tax capital gains point of view.

9. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Trading halt :O Only realized this morning. Got back in with a small parcel yesterday seeing how hard you guys been talking this up

Let's hope it is positive and we can all make a killing

10. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11. VRS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyAK-j44VXw[/youtube]

12. scrooged

scrooged New Member

A pic of DC snorting lines from a $3,000hr hookers midriff on the bonnet of a Countach would have been slightly more encouraging.

Ah well.

13. kramer

kramer Member

I would expect nothing less than a pimped model s.

14. scrooged

scrooged New Member

I'm sure by the end of the night he's persuaded her to trade out her Lambo ...

15. VRS

Who ARE these people>!>!???!???!

[​IMG]

16. scrooged

scrooged New Member

dunno, something about astronauts or something ...

17. VRS

I can categorically state that I have NEVER (to the best of my knowledge) snorted spodumene from an astronaut's breasts.

You're a very very sick puppy scrooged. ;)

18. VRS

19. Highonsilver

Highonsilver Active Member Silver Stacker

All eyes on Pio at the opening bell...!!!
    What an awesome ride it's been so far :D

20. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Soooo a 3day trading halt....

Tomorrow is D-Day! they wouldn't hold the market back like this on poor results... its going to be good... just depends on HOW GOOD.

I'll be up like a spring chicken tomorrow morning... jacket on....husling through Brisbane CBD to my office with anticipation!

GL and let's see how this unfolds!