PIO - Pioneer Resources

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by bellinvest, Apr 20, 2016.

1. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Righeo champ... if i was a day trader i would have been in/out by now a dozen times.

Not the case.

Enjoy.

2. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Well we have this as our history book just in case!

1% of the moving parts compared to a combustion engine.... 5% of the running cost compared to a combustion engine.... free charging at some supermarkets in the US.... (electricity v fuel).... i could write a novel but i think everyone needs to do their own research to understand what their getting into first.

I've done my research... a lot of research. Why need oil for fuel when we can run anything in 2025 for a fraction of the cost using EV's... by 2030 a combustion engine vehicle could be like riding a horse to work in the 60's :lol:

Cheers and GL!

BB

3. kramer

kramer Member

Just going to pin this for future reflection. PS.. i like oil but i'm not buying in yet.

India plans to be fully electric vehicles by 2030. Big push in china for clean electric vehicles to combat their smog problems. Still need oil and i believe we are POST PEAK OIL.
    Iran flooding the market is my concern. Once that's happened i will look to take a position in OOO / FAR / OIL. Maybe i miss out and oil stabilizes around $60 - $65 near term.

4. kramer

kramer Member

if solar technology leaps forward we could see cars recharging themselves. wouldn't that be something! with the lithium stocks having a run maybe i should treat myself to a new phone battery. at 3000 cycles it's getting a bit tired.

5. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Agreed, but I think it will take a while for petrol cars/trucks to be totally phased out. My goal is to have fully self powered house with solar, with excess stored in batteries to either use for recharging car of to sell. I doubt the government would allow us to live so 'Free' like that so Im sure there will be some kind of Sun tax or something.
    I haven't been buying new shares lately, can't be bothered trading in and out of companies, bought PLS and AJM almost a year ago so am happy enjoying the long ride. Took some off the table over the last few days to put down as a deposit for a house. Still looking around at other stocks for the fun of it, definitely need to research. Will get eaten alive if you just buy based on a gloss over of a company. Good luck everybody :)

6. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Selling some AJM to put down a deposit for a house? ... don't say that too loudly you might be confused as a trader according to Trew :rolleyes: :p

Yes it will take awhile for the transition... but if you research the transition from horses to combustion engine cars as a means of primary civilian transportation... the light isn't so distant 2025-2030 will mark the completion if my research is correct.

Nice work on the PLS/AJM pickups! PLS will be a multi $ stock in a few years... so don't keep that trader mentality and sell the lot will you! nice little nest egg :cool:

Cheers,
    BB

7. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Yes it would be remarkable, because it's essentially impossible for mainstream use.
    Even at 100% efficiency (not possible), 1kW/sqm solar radiation at best (again, wont' get that because the panels aren't angled efficiently), maybe 4sqm of usable space on a typical car roof and bonnet?
    4kWh of charging under impossible best base conditions.
    The Tesla has an 85kWh pack, say you use 20kWh of that a day, you'd have to charge for 5 full hour under impossible best case conditions.
    In reality it's going to be say 1/5th that, say you could get 1kWh generated in full sun. Do the math again, you don't have enough sunlight hours in the day to charge a days worth of use.
    Not taking into account all sorts of losses and issues.
    Trickle charging worthy at best.

8. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm with you Bell, people are not going to believe what is coming. But just as an example, VHS, Film cameras, Tape recorders, fixed phones, desktop computers, 18 year old virgins, Analog, box unit aircons, where are they now ?
    I'm sure you've seen this but for anyone who hasn't , Do yourself a favour and watch it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxryv2XrnqM[/youtube]

9. southerncross

It wont be solar, it will be axles or hubs and braking that will power the vehicle in the future, instead of hybrid fuel, it will be front or back axle/hubs , one providing drive while the other charges the battery and braking doing the same with built in alternators, if you want to put your foot down the other axle or hubs then kick in , built in air intakes that drive mini wind driven chargers as the vehicle travels and the like. Nikola are about to introduce a truck that has six separate motors, one for each wheel.
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/05/11/nikola-motors-sleek-hybrid-semi-is-tesla-trucks/

10. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I agree that i don't think the car will 'charge itself' ... however i do believe that solar technology will have advanced significantly between now and 2025. We may see the price of panels go down to say 1/20th of their original price when they were first introduced to the market. Then and only then... will households have ample roof space to accommodate an ample amount of them, running into a battery storage pack internally (house) which can then distribute energy throughout the house or to the car, to be charged.

10 years is a long time... they first introduced the apple iphone in June 2007... so 9 years ago. Look how that has spread like a plague and totally flipped the electronics world upside down.. anyone seen Nokia recently? :D

Anything is possible with time.

Cheers and enjoy tomorrow's ride eh...

BB

11. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

I didn't want to sell because I'm convinced about their future, but apart from metals all my funds are in stocks. It's all good, still have enough PLS/AJM to keep me happy, especially if they head to where I believe they will. Plus will get a nice little top up from SPP in late May.

12. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

:cool:

13. kramer

kramer Member

great video, thanks i just watched it. Couple things i take from this.

are there any "car as a service" asx listed plays?
    silver as we know is used in solar panels. tony mentions solar is accelerating at around 43% a year. increasing industrial demand.
    living out of town will become more appealing as the cost of transport drops and cars become autonomous.
    as car as a service takes off there will be less car parks needed, and less cars needed. i wouldn't want to be a car wrecker, tyre shop, mechanic, parking bay operator or electric utility provider over the next 5-10 years.
    I will look forward to hauling ass in a p90d though.

14. southerncross

I like the whole EV car aspect thing, but personally feel it relates more to those large population centers with multi million populations, China, India, Europe America etc
    limited to Sydney, Melbourne in Aus.
    Electrical Storage will smash it big time I think, forget about never having to get your car serviced again because it only has 20 moving parts compared to over 2000, or wont need an oil or grease change ever, radiator, brake pad or whatever. Think about the cold storage company that can avoid peak cost electricity prices, the home owner or small business person who can do the same.
    The power company itself, who can regulate supply surge demand by outfitting it's grid with banks of on demand storage instead of relying upon a gas or diesel plant to be on standby 24/7.

Tyre's will still be needed, especially if the cars that are around as a service are running 24/7. Wouldn't want to be owning a service station though in a decade, not fuel one anyway.

15. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well that turned out nice again...

I love it when a plan comes together.

Germany calling! Germany calling!

[​IMG]

16. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10 oclock could be very interesting.

[​IMG]

17. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Just jumped on the bandwagon @ 0.064

Prepare to go insolvent.

Losing money as I write.

18. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe it needs to go back 4c first then it will take off again .....

19. southerncross

It held well today, probably where it would of ended up if ASX did not suspend trading yesterday. A lot of shares got sold above this level so think it will hold well and climb on news next week. Might even get back to that 10c level soon. It has a lot going for it.

20. markc

markc Member

Yeah, it would nice to see it hold here for a few days and build support before continuing the rise.