Pictures and Link - New Frontier Medal - Gold Medal Replicated Bronze

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by mmissinglink, Nov 19, 2016.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

For lovers of space or aeronautical themes, here's a cool new large bronze medal from the U.S. Mint which commemorates the two historic missions and honors four world class NASA astronauts: http://catalog.usmint.gov/new-frontier-bronze-medal-3-inch-920.html

"This medal is a bronze duplicate of the New Frontier Congressional Gold Medal awarded to astronauts John Herschel Glenn Jr., Neil A. Armstrong, Edwin E. "Buzz" Aldrin Jr. and Michael Collins at a ceremony in the U.S. Capitol Building on November 16, 2011, in recognition of their significant contributions to society. The medal measures three inches in diameter and is the same diameter and thickness as the gold medal."

On this page you can see pics of the actual gold medals and read more about the commemoration: https://www.nasa.gov/topics/people/features/gold_medal.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note to Serial-troll: Just because I post info and links to various resources, that in no way, shape, or form means that I work for nor am I affiliated with that resource. I do not work for the U.S. Mint nor benefit from sharing this resource. Please troll in a different forum....this one is for adults and stop harassing forum members with your ludicrous conspiracy theories about how someone must be a paid shill for the U.S. Mint if they post a link to the U.S. Mint.

2. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol I havnt even posted yet and you mention me, go on you know your trying to act the victim here but given you have decided to mention me I will respond
    i find it funny that all of a sudden your not posting links to the site that I have accused you of spamming for, your really trying hard to not appear to be a spammer and whilst you do this i won't call you out as a spammer, unless of course you insist on mentioning me in your 1st post like above

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member