Perth mint's blog post on 9 key sovereigna that command high premiums

Discussion in 'Sovereigns' started by phrenzy, Dec 1, 2014.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I just read this little post when trying to find some other info on the 1899 p sovereigns I recently bought and it's certainly interesting but some of their choices seem a little odd. They have the 1910 non empire sovereign on the list but I can't find much evidence of that sovereign commanding high prices, anyone know why it's on the list?

Any comments on the others on the list? And which ones would you put on the list and automatically pick up if you saw them in an LCS window priced the same as the others? I know it's highly condition dependent and because of reminting you can't simply go by total production figures but which dates should you actually be looking for?

Personally now that I've gotten the 1899p I'm looking for the 1931p but if I do I'm worried I'll end up trying to get the 30 in between...

Here's the list:
    http://blog.perthmint.com.au/2012/07/26/nine-gold-sovereigns-that-command-top-dollar/

2. VANGBAC

VANGBAC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You sure will. Very addictive. I am just happy with run of the mill bullion sovs. Though.

3. cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver New Member

I travel around a bit being a full time house sitter,so I hope to revisit that Sov list again that you have posted here for some easy money via the LCS :p

I already have some very nice NGC graded Sovs,but less is more except when it comes to gold right!

Thanks.

Regards :)

CGS