Perth Mint Lunar Series original issue prices

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by mmissinglink, Jul 18, 2016.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I'm looking to find a resource or chart which contains the Perth Mint Lunar Series coins date of release original issue prices.

Most importantly, though not exclusively, I seek to get this data on the Series 2 silver PROOF coins from the 1/2 ounce to the kilo size, including proof sets .

In othe words, is there a resource sort of similar to this (this is only for US proof coin sets but of course I am looking for original issue prices for PM individual coins and sets): http://coins.about.com/od/uscoinvalueguide/fl/Modern-US-Proof-Set-Values-and-Prices.htm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

The Greg McDonald book "Australian Coins and Banknotes" contains original issue prices for all of the proofs etc.

At least the older editions I have do. Haven't bought one for a few years so can't verify if the newest editions have issue prices.

He also tends to drop details of older coins as time goes on

3. mmissinglink

Thank you for the suggestion....but I was hoping for an online resource.

4. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

5. mmissinglink

Thank you but it's not a very good resource for the purpose of getting original issue prices of proof coins.

Just a very cursory quick check shows that there's quite a few prices and items that are missing. For example, many Kilo Proof entries are entirely missing. Also, 2008 Proof 3-coin set is missing. At least a couple of 2008 entries indicate "Sold Out" and "Unavailable" with no price indication at all (though these are bullion coins).

Does the 2015 version of Greg McDonald's "Australian Coins and Banknotes" contain the Lunar Series 2 Kilo Proof original issue prices?

6. motorbikez

OK I did my best you said you were mainly looking at series 2 proofs they are all there including the kilos if you look properly. Re series one original prices if try emailing Perth mint customer services.

7. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I haven't looked, but have you asked PM? Maybe they will send you a spreadsheet or something.

At worst they can ignore you. But I think it is a very reasonable request, considering collectable coins are part of the business they are in, surely others have asked before.

8. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

On second thoughts don't bother with the McDonald books. Just checked the 2011 edition and for 2008 mouse series 2 it doesn't match up with the coins listed on Perth Mint's mintages list - only 1 kilo coin is mentioned but the perth mint list has 2 kilo coins.

9. mmissinglink

And that's why I immediately replied with a "thank you".

It's not true at all that the link you provide contains all proof coins in the Lunar S2 series. You are greatly mistaken.

Have a nice day.

10. motorbikez

How am I greatly mistaken, if you click the link it shows every lunar S2 silver proof except the 2oz single from the 12 coin set as I said earlier.

Click the link every single S2 proof is shown if you care to look properly.Three examples for you to look at below.1st one monkey 2nd goat 3rd mouse. You can look at the rest if you click the link.

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...16-year-of-the-monkey-silver-proof-coins.aspx

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...2015-year-of-the-goat-silver-proof-coins.aspx

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...ear-of-the-mouse-silver-proof-coin-issue.aspx

11. mmissinglink

Thank you for the new, different than your original URL, links, motorbikez.

They are NOT the original link that you provided. The original link you provided DOES NOT contain many proof coins in the Luna S2 series. That is how you are greatly mistaken because your original link was the only URL you provided as a response to my query and it DOES NOT contain many of the proof coins I was inquiring about.

The links you provided later are in entirely different sections of the Perth Mint website but thank you for your follow-up response and the additional URL links.

12. motorbikez

FFS all you had to do was click on the link on the site, on the original link I showed you where it says proof coins more info, anyway you have it now. No thanks required

have a nice day.

13. Golden

Golden Member

I like your signature motorbikez ;)

14. mmissinglink

I didn't need your help to tell me there are links somewhere on the Perth Mint site which show specific proof coin pages. I was clearly looking for specific page links. I could have just perused the PM website and found the links you later shared....I would have saved time over bothering with your original link.

What you did was no different than someone asking where they can find specific info on the US Mint 2010 Grand Canyon ATB 5 oz unc coin and you giving this link: https://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/atb/?action=sbcInvestors

What you did is not any more helpful that this.

Good luck in life.

15. motorbikez

Whatever I can't be bothered with you anymore :rolleyes:

16. mmissinglink

Bothers responding while saying he can't be bothered....oh brother....that makes a lot of sense.....NOT :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: