Perth mint lunar horse

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by dollars, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ninteno

ninteno Member

I have seen the numbers of the horse that was already publishedby the PM.
    ( thanks for the link you send yesterday dccpa)

I was surprised of the high number on the 1/2,2,5 and 10oz from the horse.
    Last update of this report was april 2014.

Maybe on reason of the high numbers ( beside the good design ) coud be additional this.
    Germany is a big market for the PM Coins. In germany in the end of 2013 there was
    a change of taxing silver. Government changed it from 7% tax to 19% which was a hugh
    change of 12%. Because of that reason the german market bought before the end of 2013 their
    Lunar horse stock. In 2014 the dealers found a gap in taxing rules and now there is a way that
    we only have to pay a bit more than the old 7% for imported silver coins.

Other in germany produced coins like the african ounce from Ruanda is taxed with 19%.
    It would be intersted if dealers outside germany ( who import them out of germany ) have to pay also this 19% tax.
    The african ounce series is getting popular over the last years but I dont know it the actually year now is worth to
    Buy with the high tax.

2. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I guess someone was too lazy to notice that the quote I posted was from the PM brochure on the Koala coins. Out of curiosity, I checked Apmex, Provident, & Gainesville using the 2014/2015 1oz koalas for comparison. No mintage information (either quantity or minting dates) was listed on any of the pages. In America, when you claim 12 months in a brochure and do 18 months, that is considered false advertising. In America a manufacturer posting one thing on their web site does not absolve them from putting something else in their brochure. In America, a consumer is not expected or required to go the manufacturer's web site. What we are shown or are given by the seller and what is contained in the product packaging is what a court will rule upon. Maybe advertising laws are different in Australia.

I am not getting into a long discussion on this issue as the PM is not going to change what they are doing.

3. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

Jm bullion just got some more 2 oz horses for 46.22 usd currently. Only 56 left though.

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Got the goods. Sweeeet. 129, all nicely wrapped in the PM plastic in 5's. Even the 4 were still intact. Kudos to Provident. They did me proud this go around. Must give credit where credit is due. I've had my challenges with them, but they were great this go around. 44'ish dollars for those 2 oz horses. Can't beat it.

5. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

Nice! Got me beat at 46 ish !!!

6. ninteno

ninteno Member

Can someone explain why the 1oz is really cheap now. Cheaper than goat and far away from the snake.
    (a box @ 2800 for non privy horses)

7. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

if u think its cheap,buy them ;)

8. ninteno

ninteno Member

cheaper compared to the others ! You guys are lucky to not have to pay tax, for sure i think its cheap !

9. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

One dealer isn't the worldwide market. Snake lunars are not very popular in the US right now. At Apmex, the 1oz Snake is $33.50 and the 1oz Horse is $46.50. A dealer in Europe recently sent me 20 1oz Snakes by mistake. Even paying $27 each, it was hard to find a dealer to sell them to and break even.

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I think with Spot so low, and one can get some nice coins for 20/21, I think that is what most folks are opting for...or the 1/4 or 2 or 5, etc...those 1 oz will come in favor soon enough...but won't the premiums on them rise too?

11. ninteno

ninteno Member

As you are talking about the snake and the horse. Compared to chinease Lunar - you do not find any horses but snakes are avaialble.
    AU Lunars cant be compared to the chinease lunars easily but the pricetrend in AU Horse vs Snake confused me a lot and still more after the experiance
    dccpa made with his snakes.

If you are said of your horses i could consider about to swap rabbits to horses on a good exchange rate.

12. ninteno

ninteno Member

Over the last years for me it looks like choosing coins with a acceptable premium was much better than the choice of silver that was as close to spot as possible.
    Have a look at the last years pandas, with strugeling POS they have a very good pricestability on a low supply and responsible demand.
    Nobody knows what will happen, but i am sure if POS will turn and new players come into the markets Lunar Series 2 (1 oz) will give us back what we want to see.