perth 1 kg bars ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by renovator, Jan 28, 2011.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

just recieved the balance of my order from Ainslies today of 3 x 1 kg PM bars & was shocked to find 3 horrific looking ABC bars with an invoice for the PM bars .mmm not impressedi i asked if they were in stock when i ordered & was told yes when i called i was informed that at least i got something ... like i was an ethiopian silver beggar !!!!! & that he would fix it up next order i pleasantly declined & said il order some more when this order was filled correctly & we could go forward from there he was very polite & assured me some PM bars were coming next week & he would send them Just wondering if anyone else has had it happen & if i should be grateful for the ABCs or would u have done what i done ?im thinking that if i have to buy more just to get what i ordered in the first place a bit rough i tried to upload some pics of the uglys but im a computer spastic & had no luck. Il keep u posted on whether the PM bars come. the way i see it is i ordered a mercedes & got a hyundai ...its still gonna get me to work but my resale is down the spout

2. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

You done good

3. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

A couple of dealers have screwed up some orders for me, but all sorted without drama. No screwups as big as 3kg. I'd do the same as you - get the ABC bars exchanged for the PM at dealers shipping expense (unless dealer offered something like a partial refund to get ABC bars at spot).

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, that's about $90.00 worth of premiums that they tried to stitch you up on I think...

5. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Even so, how hard would it be for the dealer to clear the substitution with the customer before shipping. That's why we fill out our phone and email address on the order form.

6. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hehe 'Ethernopian Silver Beggar'

It is a tough one, on one hand Jonsey's right...you didn't get what you wanted....and it was unfair of Ainsley to send them without checking with you first, I've never heard of them doing this before and thus I feel it is right of you to let us know.

On the other hand they are right that you are lucky to actually have physical...but regardless, they should never have said that to you (doesn't sound like something Brian would say at least).

I guess if you're being pragmatic, you could chalk it up to experience. I can guarantee that our dealers here would never pull that switch on you...and while I pay postage, it's a small cost compared to my peace of mind.... I know exactly what I'll be getting.

7. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Ainslie sent me 200 x 1oz 2010 kooks when in fact I ordered 200 x 1oz Lunars. I call to say you sent the wrong coins but got the reply "we ran out of Lunar Tigers so went sent kooks instead". I'm like, WTF ??? They were pretty grumpy about giving a refund too. Not dealing with them ever again let me just say. BullionBourse - yes, Steve@auroa - yes, bullionmark - yes, apmex - yes, talisman - yes. Ainslie - noooooooo.......way.

8. renovator

yes i know clawhammer i tried steve at AEL but he didnt have the stock he emailed me the day after i ordered damn . id been dealing with some 1 else but was tired of the wait times so i thought id give ainslies a shot

9. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

I would say that if you are worried about resale values of bullion, you are better off getting coins instead of bars.

10. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

There should be an option in their online order system to state - Substitute accepted Yes/No or a phone call/Email/TXT or something to give you an option. I think that is standard customer service. I would have wanted what I ordered too FWIW.

11. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Once ordered Perth Mint kilo bars from AEJ.

Waiting, waiting, waiting................

Made contact & said ANY bars will do.

AEJ & ABC kilo bars ready to collect the next day.

Mind you....This was when Kilo bars went for arounds $600

BULLION BARS ARE BEST BANG FOR BUCK.

Buck ugly is still SILVER!!!!

12. renovator

it was a phone order not the online shop I phone order so i can ask what is or isnt in stock

13. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Well that just sucks then, if they told you it was in stock or to be ordered there should not have been any replacement "just sent" to right I would have done exactly what you did too well done :)

14. renovator

got a couple of coins too but pm bars always sell for a little more than generic & if i sell & get a little more.. than im a little better off thats why were in it

15. renovator

at spot hahahaha i wish .But i agree with your other post an email would have been nice i dont like surprises unless there going my way

16. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

It's sick, I know, but I had a dream recently where I ordered 15x1kg PAMP silver and when I opened the box on delivery, it was 15x1kg PAMP gold. It was a nice dream... Have a great weekend, guys. :)

17. vinod

vinod New Member

I would never buy any precious metal by post. Not only you end up paying delivery charges + insurance, you may not get what you expect and sometimes wonder whether it is genuine stuff. Better to buy personally from a reputed dealer when you are satisfied with the product.

18. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

That works if you live in a big city - us bush pigs dont have that luxury!!

malachii

19. vinod

vinod New Member

how about buying direct from Perth Mint in that case ?

20. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Sometimes I do - but their prices are not usually the best around, and their delivery service is not real flash either.

malachii