Peak Silver and Exit Strategy

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mickjohn, Jan 26, 2011.

1. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

GP I was thinking about this today. These people spruiking US property to Aussies sounds too good to be true.

And the reason I say that is, it's not like the US is short of wealthy people. There is a LOT of private wealth still in the US. So why aren't these people buying these depressed houses for cents on the dollar? They could become like modern day feudal landlords, owning entire blocks. A constant stream of rental income coming in.

Is there something they know that we don't? Perhaps real estate prices drop further in the US? Or do the wealthy have better places to put their money?

2. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

i guess it means its going lower still

3. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

haha, this bit is Platinum !!!;)

4. Mark

Mark New Member

hmmm... 50 oz gold = 2390 oz silver with today's prices

I have a long way to go lol

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Depends Mark on what your long term strategy is. I'm more than happy to sit in Silver for a long time until I feel it's worth trading into Gold.

I still feel Gold is the long term play everyone who's into PMs should focus on. It's the historical money and most likely to be the stomping ground for the rich and wealthy moving ahead.

Silver IS a speculative play, but like labour in the current world, is vastly undervalued.

This is why I am in silver as well. I feel my labour is currently undervalued, so I put my dollars into another undervalued asset class that can be recognised and return lost wealth in the future.

But if we head back towards historical GSRs in the future, I'll trade around 90% of my stack into Gold and keep the last 10% of silver for life.

I have no intention of ever selling off my entire silver stack unless I am forced to.