Pauline Hanson shakes things up !

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by silversearcher, Jul 24, 2016.

1. fscked

fscked Member

Not sure if this is off topic or not but it's an interesting little news story from across the ditch.

Pakistani muslim man with 2 wives (bigamy is illegal here but apparently this doesn't matter), he beat one of them with a hammer after she asked why he was holding the hand of the other wife and not her. The judge ruled that he this didn't warrant any conviction as this would adversely effect his immigration status and that would be an over the top outcome for the crime he had committed. He got off the hook until this was appealed and the High Court is now deliberating. However, the NZ Herald (Aussie owned btw) ran a sympathy piece for him yesterday (linked below) appealing to the public that as he only gave one of his wives a 'light beating' he shouldn't be forced to leave the country. He has 5 children with these 2 women and none of them are working. The courts and media are ringing their hands in sympathy to allow him to stay in this country when he has shown no regard for our laws or way of life and brings no value to the country at all.

Long story short, if you let these people in the power structures will let them run wild.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=11721592

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He should be kicked out, as well as his 2 x wives ( they have also broken the law ) and all the kids.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are obviously not familiar with Hanson's polices.

Strengthening borders and banning Muslim immigration are two different issues. Hanson has confused both.

4. mmm....shiney!

Long story short, that is indicative of the failure of our legal system. Banning a religion will not solve any problems in our legal systems.

5. Court Jester

banning muslim immigration is strengthing our borders and is not about banning the religion here or removing freedoms from AUSTRALIAN citizens. It is ensuring we STILL ahve the same freedoms in 100 years as we currently enjoy taday and to maake sure we are not living under sharia law.

we need to bring back the crusades, We are only playing nice with these people because they have a resource we need (oil) once that dries up the western world wond give 2 sh!ts about them and they will be back to running around in the desert cutting each others heads off

Look at the horrendus human rights issues in Africa yet no world power does not give 2 sh1ts because they dont controll the bulk of the worlds oil supply.

6. Court Jester

who mentioned banning a religion, we are talking about enforcing the laws we CURRENTLY have., drawing a line in the sand and not letting any more of these uncivilised barbarians into the country.

They are nothing but leeches sucking on the tax payer and it needs to stop.

7. mmm....shiney!

Read back through this thread.

No, you're talking about imposing your values on to others.

If you are seriously interested in making sure that our laws are enforced and ensuring that potential migrants are not a burden on our society then One Nation's bigotted ideology is not the party of politicians that we need. You would do better supporting the LDP.

8. Court Jester

no im not I am saying dont let them in to this country we should not be taking ANY refugees. Control the borders efficiency, enforce the laws we have already and dont let any one emmgate here who generally does not fit in with the established society here. Sharia law that they want to impose onto US is not compatible with a modern wester society. That is not me imposing my will onto anybody just enforcing the laws already passed by the parliament elected by the people.

9. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

CJ, some people don't get it. They should try going to one of these Islamic countries and pushing our Western values there and see what happens to them. Imprisonment at best, death penalty at worst. Then they will understand that there is nothing wrong with people here demanding our borders be closed to them Islamics to protect our values and way of life.

10. mmm....shiney!

That's exactly what you said.

Sharia law has no place in our society. It involves imposing a set of values on to others - discriminating immigrants based upon religion is also imposing a value system on to others. If you're worried that Sharia Law will be imposed upon us without our approval then you should be lobbying politicians to protect our liberties. Every piece of evidence that the anti-muslim lobby cites is actually evidence of the failure of the State to protect and uphold established laws. There is room for worshiping Islam in our society - as long as there is no attempt to circumvent our laws that protect our person and property by any of those followers.

There's nothing to get skyrocket, it's circular logic. Just because some Muslim countries impose a set of of values upon an individual via the authority of the State doesn't justify us doing the same.

The only thing the State should be doing is protecting our rights, not discriminating against groups based on religion or adopting fascist legislation. I've seen first hand what happens when groups of individuals lobby the State into imposing their values on others, there are winners and losers, people lose their jobs, suffer financial and emotional stress, families break apart etc - and what's so disgusting is that those who have "won" gloat and celebrate these losses incurred by others.

11. Court Jester

its not just muslim countries, in the UK they are setting up communities to live under sharia and have their own courts now the same in france and many Westers countries.

in every country there is a significant muslim population there is a push for sharia law, there is even talk about it in this country already.

we dont need to keep flooding our country with refugees with values that are incompatible with the established values and way of life in this country already. They come here to escape that then try to turn this country into the hell hole they jkusst left. We have Sudanese gangs roaming the streets with machete in Melbourne attacking each other, that is part of the African culture they could ahve left back there.

close the borders to this influx of invaders before its too late, these muslims are taking over the country it is slowly and noy with a military force so it goes largely unnoticed, especially for all the pc hang wringers with the bleeding hearts out there allowing it to happen. I will vote for a political parrty that will at least attempt to do something about ti and I am not the only one and that is why Paulinene now has four senators elected.

12. mmm....shiney!

I understand your concerns but I have no respect for your solutions.

13. Court Jester

and you are entitled to your opinion just like I am mine and that is why Pauline has those senate seats as there are enough people out there that it is apparently an issue for who voted for her, I don't agree with everything she has to say or all the policies but I do not wish to see the Islamification of Australia.

14. mmm....shiney!

There are better solutions than the ones Hanson proposes, her medicine comes with some unpleasant side effects. :/

15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why UK with a thousand years of common law tolerates Sharia actions is beyond me.

I have similar issues with people up north spearing each other.

16. fscked

fscked Member

As an ex-pat from the UK I feel I can answer this. It is because politicians, police chiefs, judges, everyone that relies on votes to hold office is terrified of being labelled a racist. The left (and I hate defining politics by left/right but, it is the left) has taken over education and media and thinks they hold the high ground on morality, with their "Oppression Olympics" ideology they loudly denounce anyone that disagrees with them with the most feared term "Racist!". Rather than debate these people and expose them as fanatical, brainwashed, lazy, nutjobs the politicians and people in the public arena cower from them. This is what allowed 14,000 under aged girls to be prostituted for nearly 20 years in Rotherham by Pakistani rape gangs, the police and local council knew all about it but, did nothing for fear of being labelled as racist. The same way they allow Sharia courts to dish out justice in the community, and female genital mutilation (which goes on within these communities at the same rate in the UK as it does in African and Middle Eastern countries) with no convictions. Look at the way Nigel Farrage and his family have been treated by every media pundit and politician for years, just for voicing his opinions about the borders and these communities in a very polite, factual and articulate way.

UK society has gotten lazy, fear the label "racist" and instead of standing up for themselves have allowed cowed politicians to "Virtue Signal" for votes. These muslims know this, everywhere they begin to congregate in larger numbers they become more brazen and they have their allies on the left to do all the hard work for them. They breed like rats, suck the system dry and it's in their religion to take over and dominate western society (no matter how much we value peoples right to freedom of expression and religion). They are also regular and loyal left wing voters, so they are pandered to. The system is sick, we have become lazy and I believe we should be holding our leaders to account with the only thing they fear, being voted out of office.

/rant

17. SteveS

SteveS New Member

I agree but I would go further (as another Brit). Labour have done much more than ignore Muslim behaviour and avoid calling out illegal activities. They have actively courted and allied themselves with Muslims as a means to (a) fight conservatives and (b) shore-up the Labour vote. Under Blair and Brown, immigrant intakes from Muslim nations soared, and the actual numbers involved were concealed. Only after Brown lost office did the truth come out.

It is the first of the aforementioned reasons for this collaboration that I think is the dirtiest - their active alliance with Islam in order to attack conservatives. If ever there was a clear example of the Left's golden rule, "The end justifies the means", this is it. You would expect that Islam's atrocities (executing gays, oppressing women) would be the antithesis of Labour's principles, and I believe they are, but they are actually prepared to look the other way in order to beat the common enemy - Christian conservatives.

Disgusting.

18. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

This is the issue I believe that is not being articulated or appreciated. The bounds of a religion within western democracies are defined by the separation of church and state, but Islam is not so bounded and that is where it is incompatible. I don't think anyone cares what consenting adults do in praise of their version of the Devine, and it is this perspective, of wishing to preserve one's freedom to practice one's religion of choice where conflict arises. I think it is a matter of definition. Western democracies with their Christian basis, do not have a sufficiently concise definition of religion that ensures compatibility with community values.

An apolitical religion is assumed, whereas Islam comes with its our community laws and codes of Justice.

Religion just needs better regulation to preserve the collective commons and that religions are validated for conformity to standards of compatibility.

19. mmm....shiney!

I can't disagree with anything said in those 3 posts. The problem is with our political system in that it encourages politicians to pander to special interest groups and that by using the political system, these groups have the capacity to seek control over others.

I think it's timely to quote from the Beyond Democracy thread, from Karsten and Beckman in their book Beyond Democracy, 2016:

snip

20. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Active Member Silver Stacker

The poms stopped being British subjects in 1982 before Australians did.
    Common law is dead

everybody is a citizen(slave) now