Pauline Hanson shakes things up !

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by silversearcher, Jul 24, 2016.

1. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Australia's Grand Mufti is unhappy that a recent poll showed that 49 per cent of Australians want a ban on Muslim immigration because Muslims don't assimilate. He recorded a message - addressing Australians - calling for "better communication". The guy has lived in Australia for 19 years, yet still hasn't bothered to learn English, so his message was delivered in Arabic.

Nope, no irony there, none whatsoever.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not sure what your point is. I always cringe when I hear others use the term "assimilate", I get visions of The Borg or the Stolen Generation in my head.

Language, to paraphrase the introduction to the Austrian Economics redditt, is a social phenomena. It's a tool that has emerged as a result of the manner in which we engage in economic relationships with others. Nationalists like to view it as a means of social control, a criteria to be applied, whilst on the other hand those who value liberty above conformity view it as an ally in meeting our needs. So, learn Arabic if you want to understand what the Imam is saying. Learn Arabic if you want to sell gold or silver to non-english speaking migrants. Learn mandarin if you want to trade with the Chinese etc etc. Someone speaking a foreign language in Australia is hardly a threat to our way of life.

Maybe you need to clarify your position more clearly and explain exactly what threat you perceive someone who hasn't learnt English presents.

3. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You might have misplaced your sense of humour shiney. Have another read of it with you funny bone exposed ;)

4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

geez, tell me you're taking the piss.

5. mmm....shiney!

I don't see anything funny in it at all, maybe someone will have to point out the obvious for me.

Edit to add: Just re-read it, sorry, I've misinterpreted the intention of the post obviously. :rolleyes:

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One in two Australians oppose Muslim immigration because half of all Australians are less than average intelligence.

There you go shiney!

:lol:

7. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Maybe its more about the chance of importing terrorists than about a particular religion.
    Mentally ill people who think that if they kill a stranger they'll go straight to heaven.

8. gingham69

gingham69 Member

Seriously!! :lol: :lol:

9. gingham69

gingham69 Member

Maybe try re-reading previous posts as well then! :)

10. gingham69

gingham69 Member

Very true JulieW hopefully this thread will get you and shiney above average soon then! ;)

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

We always think we're in the top half don't we?

12. gingham69

gingham69 Member

Like asking someone if they think they are a good driver! :)

13. mmm....shiney!

Absolutely.

14. SteveS

SteveS New Member

From the Herald Sun:

"Half of Australia supports Pauline Hanson's call to end Muslim migration, according to a poll released last week.

But according to leftist activists and Muslim stirrers like Mariam Veiszadeh this is somehow simultaneously a shock and confirmation of their slur that half the population are bigots and Islamophobes.

Ms Veiszadeh was so disgusted by the Essential poll that she decided to conduct her own online poll on Left-leaning Twitter.

Sadly, the result wasn't what she expected.

After more than 46,000 votes a whopping 74% of respondents said they'd support a ban on Muslim migration.

Awkward."

15. mmm....shiney!

74% of respondents call for the State to impose their values onto others? Gotta love democracies. :rolleyes:

16. gingham69

gingham69 Member

And just one percent of morons keep posting comments that have nothing to do with this thread! Gotta love capitalists :rolleyes:

17. mmm....shiney!

Any time you want to post something of substance and intelligence just go right ahead, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

I still haven't read one comment from any Hanson supporter that justifies the State in discriminating against an individual based solely upon their religion. Seems to me that those politicians and anti-freedom activists are just looking for an easy means to control the population, rather than actually working to protect them. It's a cop out, an admission of failure that the one true function of any government ie to protect an individual's liberty is impossible to achieve under our current political system. And the reason that it's impossible to achieve is because our governments are too big, too intrusive, too costly and pander to the likes and prejudices of special interest groups. There are laws against subversive and violent behaviour, if the Hansonites have no faith in our present overburdened and repressive legal system to protect us then it makes no logical sense to give even more power to the State. Every other piece of prohibition legislation has failed in the past, banning religions would have the same outcome.

Small government libertarianism or anarcho-capitalism are the only answers to any perceived threats upon our sovereignty. They are the only systems that protect our fundamental rights from those, like radical Islam, environmentalists, folk economists and nationalist politicians who would seek to destroy them by broadening the footprint of our rulers.

18. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

actually its nothing about imposing values on anyone

it is about controlling our borders and US deciding WHO can come here and on what terms it is our country and it is slipping away little by little and it will accelerate if nothing is done to stop it.

19. mmm....shiney!

If you've got a problem that threatens to your liberty, the solution is not to reduce liberty.

Banning a religion is precisely the imposition of your set of values on another. There are already Muslims in this country and they have been here for nearly 2 centuries living in the main peacefully with us, and there are many others in other parts of the world who would move here and do the same. Find another solution to any threats you perceive that doesn't involve reducing our liberties.

20. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there is no talk of banning religion or reducing our liberties here, i never suggested that and you are smoking some powerful shit if that is what you think I was saying.

just controlling our borders as to who WE choose to let in does not equal a BAN or removing liberties.

I realise there are allready Muslims in the country, but we don't need to make the problem bigger by letting more of them in.

I would not just stop at border controll either if I was the PM, think what the PM of the Philippines is doing.