Pauline Hanson shakes things up !

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by silversearcher, Jul 24, 2016.

1. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Pauline Hanson was stunned to discover Sam Dastyari is Muslim. Of course she really put Sam on the spot by shaking hands with him on Q & A. It was obvious Sam was not willing to extend his hand, but Pauline grabbed it anyway.

Shaking hands (and touching) members of the opposite sex when not related, is not permissible for Muslims according to the teachings of Islam.

Maybe next time Sam Dastyari should avoid offering Australian Woman Halal snack packs ! It will backfire every time. :p

2. silversearcher

He claims he has never hidden being Muslim ( according to Q & A ), and eats Halal food. You could safely say to a certain extent he is a practicing Muslim.

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wikipedia:

The 'YOUR two big grocery chains' caught my eye, but it's a figure of speech.

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I equate "non-practicing" with "woke-up".

5. brexitbaby

brexitbaby New Member

I think it might have been (or not) a kevin rudd inspired thought bubble moment trying to get a reaction out her on national television.

He "eats halal food" but so do I (and so do you) and I am not a muslim,just trying to slap pauline hanson publicly in the face to show how outrageous she is and not like him being a "good muslim" don't buy it sorry,don't forget that he is a professionally paid politician.

I reckon that he was dying to say that (I am a muslim) biting his tongue for the whole show.

Remember that they never say or do anything without a reason,just like "Jason Bourne" they never do random.

Anyway about pauline hanson just let her speak,we are "supposed" to live in a country where "free speech" well is free right.

The left/far left like to have their say shouting down all comers without fear of correction (justifying breaking the law) so let her and all other speak even just for speaking sake.

For the record I don't agree with everything that she says but I don't agree with everything that anyone says except me :lol:

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"In my view, you either are or you aren't."

Agree!

7. silversearcher

He certainly evaded the question when asked by Pauline if he is a practising Muslim. He could have said " NO". She also challenged him on whether he was sworn on the Quran which he also evaded. Sam Dastayari is the only one who knows if he a practising Muslim or not. No need to be so evasive. To a certain extent it appears he's a practising Muslim, as his not committed to denouncing such beliefs, more so he appears committed to it. A cut and paste on Wikipedia is not always a reliable source of information.

8. Old Codger

To be fair and 'balanced', you would have to say that the "Political Arm of the Union Movement" (the ALP) is influenced every bit as much by those Unions on LABOR government decisions and policies as any Australian company.

OC

9. silversearcher

You can be a non-practicing Doctor. Your still accredited as a Doctor and hold the title of Doctor without saving lives. There are shades of grey in life, not everything is black or white.

10. Old Codger

Trouble is in the koran it says something about killing a bloke that leaves the faith!

OC

11. silversearcher

I believe a Muslim has to be also loyal to faith before country also.

12. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree, he evaded the question like a true career politician and then Pauline Hanson did not refuse the invite to a Muslim families house for dinner like everyone expected.

The problem is what ever media show she appears on it will be a "lets beat up Pauline". She hasnt yet learned how to evade direct questions without answering the direct question, once and if she does the beat up will stop.

She also didnt outright condemn the governments tax cuts for big business and that until she knows and understands the proposal she wont comment on it.

There is nothing wrong with truthful politicians its just we are so used to them all not telling the truth we think truth = stupidity.

13. Old Codger

They will behead him if they can!

14. silversearcher

He admits to not hiding the fact he is a Muslim. And who are you to say he is not. Are you one ?

15. silversearcher

Well said Fishtaco. Spot on about career politician. Have a look on Sam's face when Pauline confronted him about his faith ? He was like a stunned mullet when admitting he wasn't hiding the fact that he is a Muslim. Nor did he say he was a non- practicing Muslim, unlike those who just got back from the nit pickers convention. If he thinks he's a Muslim let him be one ! Apparently some don't think he is Muslim or won't accept he is a Muslim or even a non-practicing Muslim...Maybe they are stunned like Pauline also.

16. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The only reason on earth why anyone would have voted for Hanson would be to hurry the demise of the state.

She's a simpleton and simpletons wield power recklessly.

17. silversearcher

Personally, I wouldn't care if you came from outer space.

18. fishtaco

How can you be born a Muslim? I thought you could only be born a race or mixed race?

I understand that he was probably born to Muslim parents and brought up as a Muslim for part of his life and now is not a Muslim or is a Muslim? but lets say his Muslim parents gave him up at birth and non Muslims adopted him would he still have been born a Muslim?

If you are born into a religion my parents were atheist so I must have been born an atheist? :)

19. fishtaco

And I wonder if Malcolm will get down on his luck Tony to spend his time digging up dirt on Pauline just has Tony had his lakkies do. :lol:

20. silversearcher

" How can you be born a Muslim? I thought you could only be born a race or mixed race? "

I think that is why Pauline Hanson was driving home the point about the swearing a oath on the Quran. As Muslim's are bound to swear allegiance to their ideology / belief not the state. And that was why Sam Dastyari evaded the question. He was caught between a rock and a hard place ( who's side does he choose publicly ? ). For those who ask what is the point of the thread ? Firstly, it's a current affair issue, and secondly mainstream media did not pick up on some of the subtleties Pauline Hanson applied upon Sam Dastyari ( most likely deliberately avoided them ). The Q & A panel was heavily stacked against her. And at times she did come across as simple, but she had managed to do some homework on Islam, which caught Sam Dastyari off guard. Not that the media would give her any credit for that. It was pick on Pauline night. I think I've answered my views on the topic. For those who keep asking irrelevant questions, it just becomes boring and verbose just to keep hammering a point home because they have to be right all the time with outdated online snippets ! No doubt, this subject about about Middle Eastern Asylum seekers living in Australia will be debated for another decade or more. But in the meantime we will see a lot more of Pauline Hanson. Right or wrong, her mouth is unstoppable, and what she says is what she thinks. Which is a lot better than what we get from the majority of other Political leaders.