Panda Photos

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by kaz, Jul 13, 2011.

1. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Just got a recent NCS/NGC submission back and didn't I have much to be happy about except these two coins

1990 PT25Y Platinum Panda

[​IMG]

1997 Panda Wildlife Fund

[​IMG]

I just received these and already sent these three 1990 Gold Pandas "small date" back to NGC for "re-grade"

G25Y 1990 Small Date NGC Census is 0-70's, 3-69's and 1-68

[​IMG]

G10Y 1990 Small Date NGC Census is 0-70's, 9-69's and 4-68's

[​IMG]

G5Y 1990 Small Date NGC Census is 1-70's, 30-69's and 5-68's
    [​IMG]

1989 New York Expo just purchased this coin already graded

[​IMG]

2. comeaux

I know this doesn't belong in the "panda photos" but it is related as long as my wife can collect her nail polish then I don't hear a damn thing about spending money on MCC

The most entertaining part is my wife looks at me with a straight face, sincere and honest and says:
    "Randy, you don't understand that many of these nail polishes are "rare" like your pandas (yes she said that exact quote, I'm not making this up :D) and will be worth hundreds one day and some are now"

So she took out her box, laid these bottles out and took an Iphone picture and swears there is 193 right here in this picture along with 50 or 60 more scattered around her makeup table. Oh yea and she adamantly claims that not one color is identical.

The only thought going through my head as I looked at this catastrophe "how many pandas could I have purchased with all of this money" :)

But hey whatever keeps her happy is fine by me !

[​IMG]

3. tamo42

tamo42 New Member

Make her prove that there is a market of buyers out there for rare polishes! :)

4. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Holy Crap! that is alot of nail polish , well at least they got to be cheaper than shoes and take up less room, but yep I agree you got to keep them happy.

5. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

OH , awsome coins by the way , I just got sidetracked by the nail polish....

6. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

Just in case you have kids; make sure they, the nail polish and the Pandas are never left in the same room without an adult present, or else NGC will have many more varieties of Panda to classify.

Although if you do get a MS69 pink and green spotted panda...

7. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

Lol reggie

8. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ehehhe...

9. comeaux

:D :D :D

Wife or son do not mess with collection !

10. digoxin

digoxin Member Silver Stacker

Wow. That is a very impressive collection of nail polishes. I wonder whether there is an equivalent of silverstackers forum as well as grading company like NGC for those that collect nail polishes.

Comeaux, thanks again for sharing and inspiring us mere mortals with your growing collection.

11. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Nail Polish grading scales:

PF70UG - Pretty Fingers 70 Ultra Glittery
    MS70 - Mighty Shiny 70

:lol:

12. comeaux

Thanks very much digoxin ... just remeber that patience and one coin at a time over a period of time and we all have nice collections. I am honestly extremely impressed by the collections of many Silver Stackers here ... amazing.

I am also a mere mortal as well, I grew up a very very poor kid who was fortunate enough to never know at that time that I was poor because my parents gave me the only thing they had to give which was love and good morals.

Now that I have worked very hard on offshore drilling rigs for 20 years, flown thousands of hours in helicopters in the most inclement/"hair raising" weather & dropped alot of blood and sweat on the ground ... I am able to not only give my son the same love and morals but I want to leave him something special when I'm gone and that is why I primarily collect numismatics ... plus its fun !!! :D

ok maybe that sounded hokey but thats what it's about for me.

Keep buying one nice coin at a time digoxin and within a year or so your collection is tremendous, if I made any mistakes it was buying multiple of certain coins instead of spreading it out ... I guess time will tell.

13. comeaux

ahahaha ... yea well you won't believe me fishy but she claims within her "club" there is some sort of "grading" :D

14. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Thats not hokey Comeaux that is very cool what a great guy!

15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

for the nail polish, you really need to buy a big fire-safe for them, comeaux

:)

and don't forget the glow in the dark flammable sticker to stick it on on the fire-safe.

16. digoxin

digoxin Member Silver Stacker

Comeaux,

Thanks for sharing your life story and it is just as inspiring as your collection. As someone that is just starting this panda journey thanks for the advice. I have always admired the passion and integrity with how you and others on this forum have given time to share and educate.

I can also completely related when you share snippets about your kids and collecting as I am doing the same with my 4yo and 2yo. I think coin collecting is great way to teach kids the value of 'money' and 'investing'. Everytime my 4yo sees me with a new package she goes "any new Panda or Dragon coins today daddy" Every now and then I pull out a few coins and we learn something new each time. One day it might the concept of dates, other times about addition or multiplication. We were surfing ebay for coins recently and we spotted a palladium panda coin and she was all excited as one of the best friends is called Palladia. Now she keeps bugging me about getting one for the collection.

17. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Sorry to go off topic but Thanks for your story too DigO , I cant wait to share with my son and upcoming Daughter ,very inspiring as well ! Palladia, priceless!

18. comeaux

Thanks digoxin ... Great reflection !

Yes I have to agree with you about the members of this forum it is simply amazing at how this SS forum has such informative, helpful and genuine people from all parts of the world and diverse nationalities. The daily amiable interaction amongst us all is proof that it is governments which divide people and not the people themselves as we all generally want the same things in life such as health & happiness (and MCC :D)

I look forward to when my 16 month old son is the age of your 4 year old and we can sit down and interact as you do with your daughter, counting money and teaching them about saving money, sharing in their amazement at the beauty of coins. Teaching kids simple and interesting things like this at an early age that will establish a good foundation for their future.

Hehehe I got a kick out of the Palladium coin for Palladia ! :)

Hopefully she doesn't have a friend named "Goldie" and "Platina" ! :D

19. Lim

Lim New Member

See comeaux , i am right after all .. Those nail polish does get our head off those glided ones . :)

20. comeaux

Hey you gave me an idea alor ... now that the home safe is empty and pandas are stashed in bank boxes, I could put all nailpolish in my fire safe but don't think wifey would dig it too much ! :)