PANDA HUNT DAY TWO.ONE: CARDED 2002 PANDAS

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Sep 29, 2011.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hahaha... thanks miner (much appreciated!).

Oh cool! Guangzhou! I was there earlier this year.

Very interesting place. Very smokey though.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_6699.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz][imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_6736.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]

Of course if you go to GZ you gotta go to the mint! :)
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_6847.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]

2. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Hi yennus. The other day i win an auction in eBay with carded 2002 and 2007 pandas. Is the first carded panda i saw. Im anxious of the panda go to my home to saw better. I think the same of you. In card are better conserved than omp and raw.

3. HustliN

HustliN New Member

yes meant GZ as in come to guangzhou haha

never knew china gold coin was the china mint! wish I knew more about other china coins so I could start collecting them.

4. yennus

Hhaha... Guangzhou... wow... got some fond memories of that place... some good friends there too... met them in Africa of all places... a crazy amount of electronics and parts available there... amazing!

Yeah, China Gold Coin Inc. (CGCI), they do a lot of the minting on behalf of the PBOC (I think).

If you're in Guangzhou you're definitely in one of the right places to learn about the coins :)

If ever you're in Shanghai let me know. Panda party! :)

5. silverlover

silverlover Member

2002 Pandas are one of THE hottest coin at the moment IMO for the Panda series as I'm too head hunting for these coins mainly! I've been selling some of my coins just to buy the 2002s and now that I see you have "carded coins", the only thing I want to do is drool! Those coins look super fantastic and super rare so I'm even too scared to make an offer as I know I cannot afford your price.

Nevertheless, I still wanted to pay compliments on your hunting. You are truly a master! :cool:

6. yennus

Thanks for your encouraging words and compliments silverlover! Much appreciated! :) I am a mere lowly Panda fan; people like Comeaux and Tamo42 and Peter Anthony, they are the real Panda masters :)

These Carded coins really are in amazing condition, I could hardly believe my good fortune in getting them in such good condition.

I've been considering whether to keep, grade or sell them... so I turned to some old sayings for direction. I'll paraphrase it, it goes along the lines of "If you love silver you will never have enough silver; nor if you love wealth, you will never have enough wealth..."

Thus, at least for the moment, if anyone wants these, they can have it for the usual price of the 2002 OMP version I sell (currently on auction). It's not at a loss, and it's not a huge gain... but it's enough :)

The more Pandas that are distributed, the more people that can celebrate with us at the future Panda Parties! :)