Over spot +

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Limey, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Limey

Limey New Member

What's the best place to buy silver with low premium got to be EBAY right although bidding is a pain ??

I decided early to go after decent coins (SAE,Libs,Brittanias,Phils,Maples) as opposed to rounds I am so glad I did,I pay over spot of about $4 (depending) with bars I don't see or don't know much about and will just go for weight and cheapest over spot, I go to about $1-2 bucks over spot.

A local jeweller tried to sell me a 10 oz sunshine mint bar for $210 I felt bad because I know he has mouths to feed and cost's but couldn't part with the $30ish over spot but I did want to strike up a relationship with a local PM dealer so I could shit talk and go see and hold certain types to see if I like the coin or bar instead of opening a box and thinking wow this is crap and putting the coin bar away. He is the only nearish dealer tho.

Craigslist is also not great and sites Apmex/Scottsdale charge huge premiums. Im sure all PM collectors can relate to this bugbear.

2. Fat Penguin

Fat Penguin Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ buy all your bullion on here and save big $$$$

BullionBuddy likes this.
  3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I stay right away from buying any PMs off Ebay. Lots of gold sold on there is fake and maybe some silver.

TheEnd and Limey like this.
  4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buy 1000oz bars in silver & 1kg gold bars
    You don't want to pay over spot , why ?
    That's how the market works .
    Or open your own bullion business

5. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Since you live in USA, eBay isn't a bad choice to acquire bullion, but you need to shop wisely and use all the coupons and promotions that are available.

However what might be even better is, looking at the big bullion sellers and going to the sellers own website and buying direct, less fees for the seller usually means closer spot to the buyer.

Unlike Australia where shipping kills most small purchases or even decent sized purchases USA shouldn't have that issue.

Take care though on buying from small time sellers on eBay, as there a lots of fakes. Though with buyer protection it's not that bad.

Also sign up to all the major dealers promotion page.

Limey likes this.
  6. Limey

Limey New Member

Has this site got USA sellers on here or is it just full of aussies and kiwis ?? Shipping from different countries sucks major balls

7. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. Limey

Limey New Member

Cheers that site doesn't look as good as this one !

9. Noxx

Noxx Member

Ebay for sure. Just buy from the dealers on there. They are all on there.

Book mark ebay searches "Silver sale", "silver special", and "silver deal". Check them every day. Usually by the middle of the week the best deals come up. Usually .35 cents to .50 cents over spot is normal. That's pretty much all I buy when buying bulk silver. They have a constant variety of different bars and coins. I've seen as low as .20 cents over spot before.

For premiums sales sometimes they will have some pretty awesome deals too. They had some countries silver with the lions on them for like $1.60 over spot that is normally like $4 over spot. Kind of wish I had bought some. Right now they have the 10 oz Canadian coins and kookaburras for like $1.60 over spot too (or something like that). I got a few of those. Awesome coins.

10. Annie

Annie New Member

Best way to get low premiums over spot it to buy from a dealer that only deals in bullion (coins, bars, and rounds) you can find coins for $2 to $3 over spot, if you can pick up 20 oz at a time. Check out https://www.moneymetals.com/buy/silver/coins they seem to have fair prices.

11. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

If you don't sign up you see about 25% of what the site has to offer.

12. The Patriot Mind

The Patriot Mind New Member

I've found many times APMEX JM bullion etc have as good of deals as what is on eBay at the time and you know it's not going to be fake

I do buy in bulk though and not in singles meaning when I stack each month I spend about a grand or so

eBay can be a pain in the ass and I have won auctions that were fakes where the seller didn't even know they were fakes ... I have an XRF machine that X-rays gold and silver ... well any metal for that matter for content percentages ... I'm a pawn broker

Heck I just bought 10 1 ounce rounds from JM Bullion for spot ... it's a once per account / per address / per billing method promotion but a hell of a deal it's still going on as far as I know

13. Annie

Annie New Member

Yes, JM Bullion has had this running for awhile now. But you are limited to 10 oz, after that you can't buy silver at spot any longer.

14. The Patriot Mind

The Patriot Mind New Member

Correct but still great chance to stack 1o more ounce