Outrage in Cologne, Germany

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Clawhammer, Jan 5, 2016.

1. heartastack

heartastack Member

Another anecdote...
    An Eritrian refugee picked me up in an Uber a few drunken nights ago and we got talking about his new-found freedom in Aus etc. He said it's great but we have ruined our culture by giving women freedom and went on to rant about them being no good except at home as f-toys etc. He also said he avoids talking to Aussie women because he's likely to get in trouble by the police if he treats them how he is used to doing so back in his home country.. eughhh

2. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

I took my mother out in a cab a couple of years ago. She went to shake his hand to thank him and he recoiled and smiled and said that he could not shake a woman's hand. I was gobsmacked. Meh. Muslims. Islam teaches them that women are worthless.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@heartastack, does Uber have a rating system?

4. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

If you lived in the dark ages you would have blindly believed that the earth was flat. Only because you had never bothered to truly investigate.
    Everything you read confirmed what you incorrectly believed.
    It takes an open, investigative mind to board a ship and sail far into the unknown to discover that the majority are dead wrong and that what you find is far, far different than what you could have believed.
    Once you take the time to visit the Mosques, dine with the families, then and only then can you speak from experience. Live the life and learn. Until then your words are just that.
    Just because I read a book on brain surgery and watch a couple of videos doesn't make me an authority.

5. tolly_67

Your interpretation of the gesture is 180 degrees out of touch. You look at it from your own perspective.
    Your mother is married to your father. It is not right for a muslim man to touch another mans wife. That is why muslim women never kiss men that are not their husband.
    It is a sign of respect. Unfortunately, too many twist it to mean that the men find the women worthless. From a young age, the men are taught the 4 most important people in their lives. The first three are their mothers and the fourth is their father.
    It is easier of course to promote the hate angle. It simply reaffirmation.

6. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

Tolly, wouldn't the brain surgeons be expected to follow the book's instruction? Many Muslims are morally superior to Islamic doctrine because they don't follow the orthodox instruction. Islamic doctrine should be criticised. Because it is full of undemocratic ideas and ideals that are being played out by a sizeable minority of Muslims.

7. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

If Islamic ideals of respect for women involve instructions on beating your wife, devaluing her legal testimony and standing to half of a Muslim man and genital mutilation then I am not on board with that so called respect. Our democratic ideals simply cannot involve men devaluing women under the Sharia.

8. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

Tolly have you lived in close quarters and spoken to anyone who has left Islam and lived under a death threat fatwa? How come you cite examples of nice Muslims only? The Koran contains instruction for devout Muslims to deceive the kafir. How can anyone know what is truly in the heart of anyone? It is important to look at the teachings of Islam and the polling to figure out what the risk of importing Muslims to a democratic society actually is. The examples of Lebanon, Germany, Spain, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Greece and France are not encouraging.

9. potala

potala Member Silver Stacker

OK, I have had plenty to say about Islam, I'll play. I have travelled in about 20 Islamic countries and another 6 islamic regions of non-islamic countries (e.g. Western China, Sthn Thailand, Coastal Kenya and Tanzania etc.). Also I am just back from spending a decade as an expat in Saudi Arabia. I have read the books and experienced the life. Raise, call or fold :)

While in Saudi we were never directly threatened (that I know about), but there are very few of the locals that I would have trusted if the SHTF.

Islam is simply incompatible with the rest of the world. It is obvious when you consider the islamic concept that divides the world into two parts - Dar al-Islam (House of Islam) - the islamic world and Dar al-Harb (House of War) the rest of the world.

10. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why do Muslim women walk 10 paces behind the men?

Suicide vests and landmines.

11. tolly_67

You lived under a dictatorship that uses religion as a lever to create fear and thus control. How you lived was probably the equivalent of going to a zoo and saying you know about Africa.
    The only difference is that you would have been the one living in your compound/estate with like people.

12. potala

Hi tolly_67,

OK you have a point - the place was a zoo, but, if I am not mistaken, the only entity more truly islamic than KSA is the ISIS caliphate.

Still curious about your qualifications for your strident opinions though .... projection bias - apologist - book read - muslim - just like to think the best of people?

Raise, call or fold .....

13. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are we still outraged? miffed? moved on?

14. potala

SP
    ?
    p

15. tolly_67

As time goes on it becomes obvious that there always seems to be a focal point for loathing and hatred.
    The native American during the colonisation of the United States, the Chinese during the gold rush as a few big examples. The newspaper editorials of the time mirror the same opinionated, poorly researched, over emotional, factually compromised tripe that we read today. It is only well after the event that we can look back and see the injustice and inhumanity. At the time, however, it could all so easily be justified. The slaughter of the American native shows exactly how supposedly decent Christian people turned a blind eye to what can only be described as genocide.

Most recently, although not on the same scale, on a local level was the arrival of the 'wog' immigrants. Who can forget the many calls of ' slimey wog bastards' and 'fuck off back to your own country'. No decent family would let their daughter anywhere near one of those 'dagoes'. There they were with their 'bloody wog tucker'. They didn't belong here, they didn't assimilate, they didn't eat our food, the couldn't even speak English. How many poor Italian women got abused because someone felt the need to look them in the face and yell ' learn to speak our lingo you bloody wog'.

Time has shown that people of all nations want exactly the same thing. Not to control, not to change things, not to undermine...they simply want what's best for their family and to give them a decent life. This is a universal truth shared by people of all nations and religions.

I believe that on the day you pass you will be judged, this is common to all religions. I should keep this in mind before I erroneously judge others. Of course I am only human and I find myself slipping down that path. Mostly on Stackers though.:D

16. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lots of wife beaters in Australia even before the muslims came.

18. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

tolly_67,

European wogs integrated well into Australian society. They were also good workers too. They didn't come here with the intention of NOT integrating and also try to change the laws here to theirs like many Muslims been doing in Sweden, UK, France, Denmark, ect.

If we had too much intact of Muslims coming here like Euro nations did, we probably have same problems here.

19. potala

At the risk of stating the obvious ...

Wife beating is illegal in Australia. I am not sure that any law has actually completely stopped the thing that is outlawed. Unfortunately it continues.

Wife beating is legal in Islam. Clearly sanctioned by their god in the koran - no wiggle room, no 'its taken out of context'
    4:34 Men have authority over women because God has made one superior over the other... As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them, forsake them in beds apart (you would think that was enough), and beat them.

There is an existing, acknowledged problem - why go out of our way, as a society, to exacerbate it. Australia's immigration program targets people people with certain skills - this is not a skill we should be importing.

20. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

Tolly have you ever heard of Jim Bridger? Native Indians traded successfully with most newcomers. I don't accept that Indians were universally hated by 'white' people.