[Opinion] Tamo42's LBC Article on Pandas

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Sep 28, 2011.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm a huge fan of Badon and Tamo42, so here is a link to his recent Modern Chinese coin investments LIST #91

http://www.livebusinesschat.com/smf/index.php?topic=4780.0

<<<START>>>
    It's been an interesting few days. Since the Fed announcement that they will only be shuffling money around and keeping interest rates near zero, all the financial markets have begun plummeting. Along the way, gold and silver prices have dropped as well. Most seem to believe that this is in response to margin calls as traders get liquidated out of other losing trades (like being long the EUR/USD cross). And once the cascade in gold and silver started, stop loss orders were hit, adding more sell orders to the market.

And so gold has dropped about $200 and silver has dropped about $10.

Chinese coins? Pretty much no drop at all.

Look below for the sold coin listings. There were only 22, which is about a fourth of the last list, but all sales were within established sales ranges. Now it is possible that we'll see some pricing weakness as we go forward, but it will be far, far less than the straight precious metals market. This is a major advantage of the Chinese coin market.

Enjoy browsing and buying from the following list. Let me know what you guys think about the new, more-streamlined format.
    <<<END>>>

Opinion: It's worthwhile checking out the Ebay listings Tamo42 has worked hard to provide. It just goes to show, there are rewards for those that do their homework :)

Thanks for the top work Tamo42! :)

2. tamo42

tamo42 New Member

You're welcome!

I was actually really surprised to see this thread as I was scrolling through. Do a lot of stackers here check out the LBC lists?

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

We do try to push the LBC and CCF but I don't know how many here read them.

4. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

:)

5. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Thanks for your work. I will try check now
    :)

6. yennus

I don't think a lot of stackers yet look to LBC ... yet.

Hopefully things will change :)

I thank mmm....shiney for getting me to see your posts at the start :)

7. AndyRoo68

AndyRoo68 Member Silver Stacker

I'm new to the silver scene, but have found your blog to be a wealth of information. The more info we have, the better able to make profitable decisions. Can't imagine the amount of time and effort you put into the LBC site, but it is much appreciated here :)

Thank you tamo42 and yennus

AndyRoo

8. yennus

It's my pleasure AndyRoo.

When I first got started, I made the mistake of stacking sovereigns, standard bullion rounds (ASEs, Maples, Kooks, etc), Masterpieces in silver, Pre-Dec, etc - and when I needed to sell, all I got were really poor offers, and after holding them for a couple of years there was zero real appreciation of their worth (e.g. A 2008 Kook would only buy me a single 2010 Kook).

But Pandas, these have been another story. 2009 Pandas have been very profitable for me. After holding these for only two years, they have had a high rate of REAL appreciation. A 2009 can now get at least 2, and maybe soon even 3 standard bullion rounds.

Cash - Lose
    Bullion - Keep
    Pandas - Grow

No one tells you that outside of the Western world, sovereigns aren't worth much because they are not 999 gold. Nor do they tell you that the Chinese don't stack ASEs, Maples, Kooks, etc, because they are too busy stacking Pandas.

I wish someone had told me about Pandas when I first started. :)

Hence, i try to follow the golden rule: Do unto others... :)