[opinion] 2012 Singapore coin show proof panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by PeeZapp, Mar 28, 2012.

1. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

OK so I looked at the coin compendium or whatever it is called it does not seem very user friendly but I am not a tech geek either, and I see three ear varieties for the 5oz , It dosent look like people here like or care about varieties but can someone tell me which of the three varieties are the cracked die and does anyone know which is the least mintage? I dont have time to read the whole 26 page post now espescially since alot of it from what I can tell is just a bunch of jabber about how the OMP on the 1 oz, But I should read it when I get time.

2. shibaji

shibaji New Member

1. The third picture in this page in CC is the broken die version : http://www.coincompendium.com/w/index.php/CCT1457 - you will notice a very thin hair on left
    2. So far, based on the information revealed by PA, the broken die has least mintage of 225. Also based on population seen on Ebay and Singapore coin show, other has been seen widely. So, it is almost confirmed.

3. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

WOW ,That gave me a headache:) ,that is an argumentative bunch over there:) Hey man , coin collecting in my mind is supposed to be fun,no? I got 5 1 oz ,all 3 sided sealed ,I kinda wish They where sealed all the way ,but I know this is how they came from the mint, I am pretty sure if I hated it that much the folks at PA would take them back........,
    Those dudes on that forum are either drinking to much coffee or have anger managment issues............ send the coins back if you dont like them, I am not PA ,but I have sold a couple coins and PA being around as long as they have been , probably has the same return policy I do , if you dont like your purchase send it back the same way you recieved it and i will refund you 100% of your money ,no questions asked....that is just good business.

4. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

thanks for simplifying it for me that is what I thought . What about the third variety is there any info on that as far as possible mintage ?

5. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

I couldnt agree more, and yes Panda america is an excellent company to deal with for me , I returned a 5 oz with spots and they immiediatly sent me a replacement with a perfect beautiful coin and even reimbursed me on shipping which i did not even ask for , for me this says alot about a company. Unfortunatly I returned one of the cracked die versions and it was replaced with the more popular version but that is my problem not theirs, they did what I asked . Now I am kind of kicking myself for it maybe i should have kept the rare version with spots but live and learn I guess..

6. jc888888888

a lot of rubbish , but sone interesting stuff , Peter from Pa said NGC was developing a special label for the coins, and maybe varieties too..........if anyone hears news please post it , im on the fence about grading them and would love to wait for it to iron itself out

7. shibaji

shibaji New Member

No word yet. Based on the findings it has been concluded that the other two versions (other than the broken die) was there in the Singapore fair, along with small amount of broken die version. The "official" version is actually the middle one, which was shown in poster at the fair, as well as PA's advertisement (which you can see even now). So, the broken die, and non-advertised fuzzy hair version (left most in the picture) are the additional dies used with varied frosting. So far three 5oz varieties has been uncovered. Also, PA uncovered 3 1oz varieties.

8. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Jc8888 thank you and yea this is what I always thought as well COLLECTING COINS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN !!! Too bad there are a few over there who have no concept of COLLECTING.

Unfortunately there are a few "know it all" amoeba's at that site that undermine the phenomenal job done by Mr. Peter Anthony, badon, PH, poconopenn and all of the tremendously knowledgeable members. It's disappointing

One idiotic member in particular destroys every other thread with an "anti-grading" rant or "anti-panda" rant but then claims to own "every 1oz gold panda" ever minted :rolleyes: Instead of wanting to puke with every posts he makes I just dismiss it as irrational delusion and a colorful imagination. It is irritating to see someone put the coins they own on a pedestal but denigrate coins that are held in high reverence and owned by other members.

It is difficult for me to digest this type of behavior as I enjoy the coins that I collect whether others enjoy them or not but I do not attempt to influence others that my coins are superior to any others. If I see a member posting or discussing his coins and possibly one or two I may not be interested in I keep those thoughts to myself without saying them. I am intelligent enough to comprehend that conveying disparaging remarks about a coin another member owns is not productive, beneficial or respectful.

CCF will always be a very resourceful site but I have chosen to just read there more often than I post.

I honestly actually prefer the vibe here at Silver Stackers

9. Catseye

Catseye New Member

Is this the pic & hair you are referring to?

[​IMG]

10. shibaji

shibaji New Member

Yes - this is the picture. The red circle is little too much to the left. The hair I am referring to us adjacent to the red circle.

11. Catseye

Catseye New Member

The lighter "hair" area?

12. shibaji

shibaji New Member

The leftmost white/frosted hair like a spike.

13. jc888888888

FYI ,THE MEDALS ARE REBOUNDING NICELY ON E BAY 610.00 ON A 5OZ WITH 36 HOURS LEFT ,AND A 1 OZ 190 WITH 30 HOURS APX LEFT ........................................and all the cheap sellers are gone, i think anyone who owns them will do fine with time from an investment standpoint .....and my personal opinion I really like the coins.....

14. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I don't think the 5oz will ever drop back to release price levels...

2500 mintage is amazingly low for a modern Panda.

15. Lim

Lim New Member

How about those that had milk spots and rejected by customers and sent back to PA .
    What is going to happen to those pandas ?
    Melt down and the mintage lower than 2500 or there is a re-mint going on ?

16. shibaji

shibaji New Member

5oz ones have been doing well throughout. Let's see where the 1oz finish.

17. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

Waiting for PA to advise us :rolleyes:

18. Catseye

Catseye New Member

This better?

[​IMG]

19. shibaji

shibaji New Member

Yes :)

20. shibaji

shibaji New Member

1oz are back in stock at PA for same issue price of usd 175, also 5oz are back in stock for 100 more (usd 595) - issue price was 495. Hmmm ... does not looks like they sold out after all.