OneGram (OGC)

Discussion in 'Gold' started by whay, Jul 21, 2017.

1. whay

whay Well-Known Member

In Dubai, a new currency, the OneGram (OGC) is backed by one gram of Gold and may be used for digital payments.

https://goldguard.com/

"Dubai based GoldGuard, a gold bullion trading company, is set to make history with a Fintech offering that Islamic industry experts predict will change the face of digital Islamic finance.

GoldGuard has entered into a joint venture with OneGram, a digital payment solutions company, to offer the first Islamic digital token backed with physical gold.

GoldGuard will provide a secure gold trading platform, ensure physical gold is purchased and stored safely, and Islamic Advisors will keep the product fully Sharia compliant.

OneGram will manage the digital token, develop the Blockchain, and regulate the exchange.

GoldGuard Managing Director Mohammed Khan said: “We have once again affirmed Dubai’s position as home of Islamic Finance and digital innovation and I believe that GoldGuard will etch into history a game changer in the Islamic Finance, Blockchain and Fintech product offerings”.

The Islamic financial markets, particularly in London, GCC, and Asia, need safe, secure Sharia product offerings and, with markets remaining relatively unstable, a Gold Fintech solution may be the answer."

Any opinion on this digital gold?

Topherclaus likes this.
  2. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

not the only gold backed one china has 1 called ZEN coin/token I think and theres a third one based in UK i think forgot name but you can easily find it

3. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

There's also the more simple Gold Money which allows you to spend and save entirely in gold with the ease of Master Card.

4. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

"The Islamic financial markets, particularly in London, GCC, and Asia, need safe, secure Sharia product offerings and, with markets remaining relatively unstable, a Gold Fintech solution may be the answer."

Any opinion on this digital gold?

Ha ha ha, All your Digital Gold are belong us.
    Safe?
    Secure?
    Digital Gold?

Don't make me laugh.
    If you don't hold it, you don't own it. This'll do me.

1 GRAM.JPG

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. harry_mr

harry_mr Active Member

Topherclaus have you used the Gold money Mastercard?, Ive been sitting on the fence with getting it.. looks tempting and I dont use BTC yet.

6. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

No I haven't. I've only heard people talk about it. If in going to do anything in that sphere it will be gold-backed cryptos or Gold Money.

I think the combo of the liquidity and security of crypto with the physical gold backing, which can be delivered, is where this is headed ultimately.

harry_mr likes this.
  7. harry_mr

harry_mr Active Member

I agree. Im surprised one of the popular crypto hasnt offered this yet, here is one trying to do just that but as you can read from the comments its got its own problems.

8. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

WOW, Fiat (allegedly) backed by gold. What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing will go wrong for me.
    1 GRAM.JPG