On the US presidential election 2016

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jim4silver, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

2. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A headline in The Guardian I saw today - "Death of Democracy as we know it".

Back to reality:

4. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Active Member Silver Stacker

Why? You guys live in la la land. Trump is more of the same! Already the markets have fallen back into line - his rhetoric is already downplaying any change. Only change will be a conservative Christian Supreme Court. America back to fifties values will be his legacy. Congrats on being fooled by a salesman selling more of the same. Hahahahahahahahaha.......

5. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Actually, voting Trump in was a revolution in its own way. Do you realize the forces that were against Trump? Such as the sitting US prez and his "gov" such as DOJ, etc, MSM (except Fox), hollywood stars/entertainment folks, billionaire company owners like Mark Cuban, etc, progressive lib leaders like Soros, almost all elite level politicians in the US and other countries, etc.

Yet Trump won, first the primary then the big one yesterday. And idiots who probably haven't accomplished $hit in their dreary lives are still going off on him and calling him buffoon and such. Ha, he's the buffoon alright. He saw the group to market to and won because he is brilliant (he may be evil in his heart but that's yet to be determined). A person would not get to his level of wealth, business ownership and TV/entertainment success if they were a buffoon.

A buffoon is someone who is arrogant and thinks he is an intellectual and makes bold and derisive claims in a troll-like manner online that turn out WRONG by a f'n mile (or kilometer if you prefer), present company excluded of course.

Trump's ego won't let him fail at this job. Just like he said he'd win from day one and accomplished that. He might turn into a dictator or something bad that remains to be seen. But right now we are in as good of a spot as we could be under the circumstances.

Just my opinion.

Jim

6. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Yes and not only the ABC but as you say, the whole spectrum of the main stream media. They were so invested in the Clinton paradigm they never once mentioned her track record of war and corruption that I saw or read. And as far as assigning responsibility for the travesty that was once Lybia, neither will they hold Mrs. Clinton to account or Rudd for his running to Mrs. Clinton following his disposition by Gillard and his subsequently unauthorised role in establishing international support for a no-fly-zone. Nor will they investigate the hundreds of millions paid by Australian governments to the Clinton Foundation or the conflict of interest that raised when both Gillard and Rudd secured roles with associated entities following the termination of their Australian political careers.

It has been pathetic. However, it will be interesting to see IF such sycophantic political miss-direction will continue with a change in the US political dynamic. If so, such a change will be preceded by a shake up at the US Embassy in Canberra, the staff of which were reported last night on the ABC as being 80% Clinton supporters and their post election event being more like a wake. :lol:

7. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Of course Trump will not accomplish anything , my goodness the guy does not have a chance at winning the Presidency.
    BUT WAIT.........................................................................He did win even though a few said he would not, and now those same few say he will get nothing done.
    SORRY but all those that said he would not be president and now claim he will get nothing done have ZERO CREDIBILITY.
    ZERO CREDIBILITY.
    ZERO CREDIBILITY.
    ZERO CREDIBILITY.

8. CriticalSilver

I agree it is a wait and see approach from here. Too many times have the populous bought into the "hope and change" meme only to be disappointed. What did G.W. Bush say.."you can fool some of the people ... ahh...errr"

Will he establish a special prosecutor to investigate Mrs. Clinton and her foundation like he promised in the debates? That will certainly be a watershed moment and confirm his commitment to his pre-election promises, or confirm he has a public and a private policy position just like Mrs. Clinton had.

9. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Active Member Silver Stacker

I never said he wouldn't be president. In fact if you look over at the presidential who do you think should win poll, I said vote for anarchy and the Trump for the laughs.

I predict here and now, Trump will achieve precisely nothing. No wall, no ripping up of trade agreements and no tariff war with China. Mexico, I'm not sure about as America can bully them much more than China. No new jobs in manufacturing growth (automation will see to that). No change to NATO and no paying for overseas bases from host countries. No changes to Wall Street and the fed.

He will tear up any climate change agreements and search for fossil fuels where possible. He may turn against Iran. Americas contract with Israel will not change. He will end Obamacare. But these last ones are all part of the Republican agenda anyway. So what do we have? He will change a few things in line with the Republican Party, but nothing else will change.

10. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

11. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Many years ago I read his Art of the Deal books and one thing I remembered is that he can be vindictive. I think there is a decent chance he will appoint a special prosecutor or something like that to investigate Hillary and Co IF there is evidence that would result in a slam dunk case either misdemeanor or felony. All that uncovered evidence the FBI has will be available to his DOJ so it may get a fresh look after he is sworn in. That would be after he installs his own attorney general, DOJ head and maybe a new FBI director.

Although he may fail, I think he will try hard to do what he believes in. His ego will make him desire to succeed at the job, which the last several presidents have failed to do.

Just my opinion.

Jim

12. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When I see the tears of the Killary supporters I think of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM[/youtube]

13. CriticalSilver

Yes well, if you take them all at their word they would drag the Clinton's over the coals and with Rudy Giulliani as the front-runner to be Trump's Attorney General (see proposed cabinet) and his incredulity that she was not already prosecuted, one can only conceive that they are flip-flopping in the on-going sea of corruption if they don't.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbODxMJE9Kw[/youtube]

14. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Giulliani announced a fraction of the gold and silver bullion recovered from the basement of the twin towers after 9/11 ... so where is the rest ... i doubt he wants to drag up the past ...

15. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

probably vote him out. the point is the majority KNOWS that hillary would have accomplished nothing so they didn't vote her in. the new guy that isn't part of the 2 party shambles and represents a choice other than what everybody knows achieves nothing.

given the choice between 'definitely the same old shit' or 'hopefully not the same old shit' you'd be insane to not choose 'hopefully not the same old shit'. what is there to lose?

16. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Leftists: "Trump will crash and burn in the race for the Republican nomination."

Trump is subsequently nominated.

Leftists: "Trump will crash and burn during the Presidential campaign."

Trump's campaign goes just fine.

Leftists: "Trump will lose the Presidential election."

Trump is elected.

Leftists: "Trump will be the worst President ever."

I think a pattern is emerging here, which suggests Trump will do just fine over the next few years.

17. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever New Member

I am 100% convinced that you are far less intelligent than you think you are,and I am also pretty sure even without seeing you that you are in your early 20's ;)

If I am wrong you can have the first bid on my first silver sale coming soon (conditions apply) :D

18. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"The truth is...there was no-one to vote for" :p
    Good interview with John Pilger...
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Ho8OrBzig[/youtube]

19. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Bitter and twisted old communist!

20. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Possibly ;) ...but makes some good observations about the situations behind the events unfolding :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.