OIL stocks

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by trader10, Dec 6, 2014.

1. trader10

trader10 Member

I'm not calling bottom at any way or shape..... retailer investors, traders or sophisticated investors never call bottoms.... who does are the biggies....

I only called a "window of opportunity"..... only in it to make $$$$ and get out... not for long term.... not interested....

Should be a good day for SANTOS.... and I LIKE IT A LOT ! :D

2. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I bought LNCO Friday and Monday. Unless/until they cut the dividend payout, my LNCO dividend % based upon cost is 27-28%. Further price declines will be emotionally difficult, but financially rewarding. :cool: I want a lot more shares, so I am hoping oil stocks don't bottom out until at least January. Come to Papa. :lol:

3. trader10

trader10 Member

Lovely run for Santos today.....

We should get another run on OIL tonight.... unless we get some news coming from Russia/China bailout....

I see the prices correct again before the next run..... could it be Friday? or next week perhaps....

4. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

Oil up nearly 3% so far since today's close in Australia
    If it stays this way overnight Santos, Beach and Drillsearch should open up another 5% higher tomorrow

5. trader10

trader10 Member

Yeap... should be interesting.... Nice run since last Thursday that's for sure :D I will study this closely and might take some out of the table by tomorrow close.....

Interesting 2 nights ahead....

6. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Until oil gets above and maintains above $70 it's in dead cat bounce territory. Particular given the degree of the spike and lower than normal volume around this time of year.

7. bull_bear

and soon after I made that comment it dived.. now down 2.7% (in USD) from close yesterday..
    Think your right Caput about dead cat bounce.. rare that anything falls so much so quickly without a bit of a DCB on the way back up

8. bull_bear

interesting pre open for STO.
    indictes a +5.5% open, even though none of the other oil/gas stocks apear to be opening that much higher. But of course bids could all get pulled prior to open.

EDIT: just found out why
    Santos secures additional $1 billion bilateral bank facility

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20141219/pdf/42vlmb7w109ykt.pdf

9. SovereignBuyerMelbourne

SovereignBuyerMelbourne Member

wow you were right about santos.

10. trader10

trader10 Member

Sold at the opening 3/4 of my STO's.... now they are freebies..... C how long I will be holding the free paper now....

Expected today's news last week... came too late for my trade plan... so decided to sell on the hype of wall street this morning on hope of a small rise.... happy with the outcome...

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

*Santos has secured $1 billion in new debt.

*Three-year, $1 billion bilateral bank loan facility from ANZ, two weeks after abandoning a Euro debt raising believed to be worth 500 million euros.

*This facility provides a substantial buffer over and above the company's funding needs.

*Santos recently slashed planned spending by $700 million and is considering asset sales in response to the weakest oil prices in five years.

*Production at Gladstone liquefied natural gas (GLNG) project in Queensland next year.

*New debt gives Santos capital in the completion of the GLNG project or the ramp up of the PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea in 2015.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/santos-takes-on-1bn-in-new-debt/story-e6frfkur-1227161565181

Official announcement here:
    http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20141219/pdf/42vlmb7w109ykt.pdf

Info on the PNG LNG project - here:
    http://www.santos.com/library/The_PNG_LNG_story.pdf

12. trader10

trader10 Member

Another good rise today.... itching to unload my freebies for a nice profit now..... I wonder what OIL prices will do overnight..... Thinking seriously in sell it all by tomorrow....

I believe OIL prices might have another cut soon..... show me the money ! :D

13. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Glad you took my advice on this one mate. You're never too old to learn.

14. trader10

trader10 Member

your advice ? lol what planet you are living matey ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for all your concerns about the state of my tradings and wealth.... :D :lol:

15. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I came so close to buying some but after the price jump I figured id missed the obvious buy...if the oil price makes a positive move a few people are going to make a tidy profit. I've heard some people saying that for most oil stocks a predicted oil price in the high 40's is already priced in but if it hits that you'd have to worry the market will want to price in oil at the low 40's.

16. trader10

trader10 Member

The lower prices will not break countries like Russia but, will do collateral damage to the US in a massive way.... Texas for example.... if prices continue this low, it will not only affect their economics throwing Texas in recession but, because Texas employ a large contingent of people, unemployment in the region will soar and will affect the whole country....

No matter what Saudi Arabia says now.... .the game is being played and it should be interesting.... I wonder, after the latest rise, when we will see another haircut.....

cheers

17. trader10

trader10 Member

SOLD all my freebies paper at the opening..... very happy with the quick trade..... but, not as excited as I thought it could have turned up..... manipulation on all markets are at ridiculous levels.... we need a reset on this stupid economy......

18. Caput Lupinum

And here I was thinking an oversupply of the market and a lack of demand on falling consumption was to blame rather than shadow chasing manipulators

19. trader10

trader10 Member

hehehehe..... the West will not break Russia.... they will break themselves...... this boy games are a reflect on how our race(humans) will never ever evolve.... it takes way too long.....

Imagine, a civilization, say 1000 years ahead of us.... they discovery our solar system and our planet. They would never ever want to make contact with the "BARBARIANS" earthlings... the real cave man people....

If they needed some of our raw materials(resources) probably just make a deal with the "biggies" for exchange of technology.... knowing that this elite would pretty much use the technology to control the rest of the race....

Economics Engineering is amazing.... a major change usually takes place every 80-100 years on human times.... We are due for one now.... and I believe it's coming thick and fast......

20. Caput Lupinum

Yeah well this conversation is starting to border on paranoid schizophrenia so I'm just going to back out gracefully without making any further eye contact