Oh boy! Did I miss out. TNG

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by show-me-the-metal, Feb 7, 2011.

1. show-me-the-metal

show-me-the-metal New Member

I was going through this forum and saw the post by mickjohn for TNP. I logged into my westpac shares account to review the data. By accident I typed in TNG.

Hello the shares went up for TNG as follows

04 Feb 2011 0.120 34.83% 0.145 0.089 2,540,871
    03 Feb 2011 0.089 17.11% 0.093 0.080 2,725,633
    02 Feb 2011 0.076 38.18% 0.076 0.058 2,200,758

Interesting price rise. So I put it on my watch list. i have seen this happen before and normally it runs down after a 3 day run.

This morning in pre open market it was up 12.5%. Checked out a new announcement that said outstanding discovery blah blah blah

I should have bought 10k worth just reading that and hope for a quick 25% spike and then dump.

Well lucky I was sitting down as it went up 93% within the first 1 hour. Settled back down later in the day.

I am new to share buying and did not have the balls to do it.

I should have realized that the typo made was a everything happens for a reason moment.

Who else has a story like this.

2. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

lol...

On the bright side, if you always went for deals like that, you would probably be well in the red at the end of the day.
    Im new as well, but the markets are a funny place, Ive watched a few shares surge days ahead of an 'unexpected' price sensitive announcement and then drop back to normal trade a couple of days after the announcement is public. I am too new to call it insider trading, but Im not sure how this can be legal.
    Also, some shares boom on a sniff of a chance of a successful prospect whereas others with proven resource or even in production cant get the same attention.

Either way, id be glad that you didnt get the TNG bus and go ahead and re-type that TNP, a bit more time for research and high risk/reward ratio over quite the short term.

Good luck!

3. show-me-the-metal

show-me-the-metal New Member

I bought in tnp. Got 10,000 shares. If it tanks it tanks. But if it goes the other way I will have to buy you a beer.

4. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

The next few weeks should be interesting. Quite speccy but gaining attention.

Best of luck!