Not the wake-up call I wanted! (sharemarket college)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by RhythmDoctor, Mar 31, 2012.

1. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Howdy guys,

For some reason, I got curious about a local Brissy company offering stock trading courses the other day, after seeing them at an expo. On Tuesday this week I went over to a. Seminar they were hosting around their stock trading courses.

Cue a night of hearing them waffle on about their 'pre-alert system' amongst other things. No I'm new to stock trading in general, having had a little success with trading platforms in the UK, but this was a full on pitch.

Anyyway, I was still curious to hear how much their courses cost/what was involved, so left my number for them to call, and also filled out my address on the form, thinking they was going to send me some information.

So cue Thursday afternoon. I got a call from one of the guys at sharemarket college asking when I'd be available for a one to one appointment. I told them I may be available the next day, and he told me he'd confirm a morning appointment later on.

The call never came.

Cue Friday morning, 0745hrs. I'm fast asleep in bed with Mrs Doc, and got a knock at the door. I figured it was an early morning metals delivery, and went to the door to sign for.

Who's at the door? Our friendly fella from ShareMarket College. I was fuming, he hadn't even confirmed an appointment, and certainly didn't think he'd turn up at my house!!! Before 9 am to boot.

Anyway, being the gracious Englishman I am, I made him a cuppa and cleaned myself up and listened to his hour long pitch. After 3 and a half total hours of sales, I finally got costs.

$15k for their platinum package.

In short, I told him to get out of my house.

Hope no-one else entertains these bloody sharks. Beware!

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Reading your story I'm surprised how many steps you went through :)

If they don't have all the info straight up - something is suss

Any good product sells on its own merits and don't need all the guerrilla tactics - if they didn't have the prices at the seminar that would have been enough for me to blow it off.

The more gold/silver investments get popular - the more scams and people trying to get a piece of the money. Same crap happened in real estate - warn your family, in the future these are only going to get worse.

3. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Dude, il rather welcome Jehovas Witnesses than those guys from the college.
    Should have shown him some real wealth with gold.

4. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Oddly enough Thucy, I sent him away with several business cards and told him to come to me if he wanted to buy something that was actually worth something.

It amazed me how he was a regular trader and hadn't heard of gold as a traded commodity, especially not in physical form. I mean... honestly! :D

I'll just stick to the commsec videos for now... not done so bad so far! :p

5. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

I love it when jw's come by; they don't seem to come back to any house where I answer the door though....

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

You do what a mate of mine does ozboy - NDA?

Nude door answering.

7. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

As a matter of fact, on one occasion, yes. And the door opening was followed by a offer that for some reason the lady was able to reuse. I k ow my suggestion wasn't that wierd.... I've seen it done in some films.

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Reuse or refuse?