North Korea situation

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jim4silver, Apr 14, 2017.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

what the NK can do is bring a nuke in a sub and rest in the sea of Japan, when the armada come, you turn on a nuclear explosion. everything nearby bye bye.

Gullintanni likes this.
  2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good trade at the time I guess....NOT!!!

"But hey, we're ALLIES now...."

3. alor

4. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Active Member

Alor: You are right that this might work.
    For all the bluster i am pretty confident that NK does not yet have the ability to "fire" nukes at anyone other than possibly SK.
    What would most likely happen (i read about this at weekend but can not recall the author) is they would ship nukes to USA ports and detonate them in port.
    This seems like a reasonable scenario to me.
    Sadly even a couple of major news outlets here in NZ have been doing reports on "how much danger are we in NZ from NK threat"
    All hype and drama and the comments sections are frightening.
    Id say 50+% of comments suggest USA should JUST HIT NK HARD and be done with it , yet they miss the point that evn the hardest of strikes will still leave enough NK rockets and such available to potentially kill million in SK and Japan.
    What i can take away from this is the members of SS are smart (even those i disagree with) and the general public is thick as s##t.

5. bubblebobble2

Trump doesn't care about killing NK's neighbours ... he just want his ratings to improve

Gullintanni likes this.
  6. alor

Hijack the tug boat, you have the kill switch

7. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Gullintanni likes this.
  8. alor

9. alor

Trump wants S. Korea to foot $1bn THAAD bill, Seoul says no
    https://www.rt.com/usa/386408-trump-us-protection-costs/
    Donald Trump said South Korea should pay for hosting the American THAAD anti-missile system, in line with his general narrative that America’s allies are taking advantage of US protection. Seoul has rejected the idea.
    President Trump wants South Korea to pay around $1 billion for the deployment of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) battery, he told Reuters in an exclusive interview.

“I informed South Korea it would be appropriate if they paid. It’s a billion dollar system,” said Trump.

“It’s phenomenal, shoots missiles right out of the sky,” he added, promoting the anti-missile system that is being deployed in South Korea amid much public discontent and fears that it will only make the immediate surroundings a prime target of a potential strike.

This was the first time Trump has spoken directly about the costs of THAAD’s deployment in Korea. In order for Seoul to pay up, Trump would need to convince the next South Korean President, who will be decided on May 9 when the country head to the polls.

Seoul said it was not going to change the arrangement with the US on hosting the system.

“There is no change in South Korea and the United States' position that our government provides the land and supporting facilities and the US bears the cost of the THAAD system's deployment, operation and maintenance,” the South Korean Defense Ministry said in a statement.

Meanwhile, a top foreign policy adviser to South Korean presidential frontrunner Moon Jae-in has already said that paying for THAAD would be an “impossible option.”

“Even if we purchase THAAD, its main operation would be in the hands of the United States,” said Kim Ki-jung, a foreign policy adviser to Moon and professor at Seoul's Yonsei University.

“So purchasing it would be an impossible option. That was our topic when we were considering the options,” Kim said.

10. alor

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  11. Gullintanni

And another missile test has taken place this morning.
    I fully expect the USA to come out and say that it was either:
    A:Not a long range ballistic missile.
    B: We knew about this in advance.
    C: Both of the above.
    NK is not scared of calling the USA out and this has made the USA look very foolish is they now try to back out of all the loud war noises they have been making.
    I suspect the USA will now make excuses and back down as they are surely not stupid enough to launch an attack and kill 100,000+ SK citizens.

Skyrocket likes this.
  12. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I don't think the US needs to do anything nor does it look stupid. Didn't you see that the rocket exploded just after take off, just like the last one they tested a week or so ago? They look like f'n incompetent idiots so far and can't even launch a basic rocket without it blowing up on the launchpad.

If they test a nuke I think that WILL get them some unwanted "attention" from the US and "allies".

As I have said many times I don't like the US playing policeman nor having to defend a bunch of countries, and hope we don't attack NK. But if there was a world leader anywhere in the whole world that I wouldn't mind getting "removed" it is Kim. I just hope it is his own people that do it to him but we all know that ain't happening. All the starving NK's and Kimmy is as fat as a cat in the hat. I believe he makes all other evil world dictators look like decent guys when compared to him.

Trump actually gave Kim a slight compliment, perhaps a "negotiation" ploy?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/us-presid...ries-edge-major-major-conflict-091350835.html

Gullintanni likes this.
  13. Gullintanni

I did see that compliment of sorts Jim.
    My point was that Kim will not stop testing missiles/bombs just because the USA says he should.
    He may very well be ideologically programmed to think the USA really are satans.
    We just do not know where his head is at ,but from what we are seeing i do not see him stopping .
    I can see him ramping up in order to elicit a first strike from the USA.
    Let us just hope that he was indeed schooled in Switzerland and that some of the comments made by the school boy Kim are tru:)

14. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think most Americans don't like seeing their gov/country always playing world policeman and using it to instigate attacks, overthrows and wars but there is not much they can do to reign in their warmongering government. One of the worst things is the great hatred brewing around the world for America is also directed to American citizens when it should only be directed towards their government/deep state.

15. alor

SK and Japan are vessel states to the US, it is the US vs NK issue here
    so SK must get their independence and get rid of US and the bases, as well as THAAD. do not pay for it, and force Trump to dismantle THAAD and take it back to the US. why should they pay for it, it can not protect the SK people only for the safety of US personnel there anyway.

The US said the only solution is through negotiation, but the door is shut by US for negotiation. US can never have the solution. US can not have a nuclear war bordering China and Russia and to get a nuclear response from both at the same time.

Where is SK in all this, silence... small crowd is not going to solve anything, they must resort to deathly force to take their freedom back !!!

16. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I want to see THe USA attack NK, brig it on I want to see them have their arses handed to them like the first time and in Vietnam.

The USA needs to be taken down a peg or 2, arrogant warmongering PIGS that they are, NK is the victim here

17. bubblebobble2

18. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just leave them alone. At this rate they will blow themselves up.

19. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was a great deal, all for 5000 soldiers life's.

It's less than South Korean citizens the government machined gunned just few decades ago. That time they got nothing.

Besides doubt China wants unification as that would create tensions with 2 million ethnic Koreans in China just north of North Korea. Those Chinese ethnic Koreans would look at unified Korea as a better economic deal for them. But as it currently stands no Chinese ethnic Korean would want anything to do with North Korea.

20. alor