North Korea situation

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jim4silver, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Things are definitely heating up with the DPRK and the new sanctions.
    China will NOT tolerate having sanctions placed on any of their people by the USA.
    This has been a poor decision by the USA.Govt and will backfire spectacularly.
    Silly silly move by the USA.

2. greedy Kobold

greedy Kobold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

US caught itself in that endless race.
    How long any leader/group would survive in US,
    if they decide to cut down on this.

The 2018 Defense Budget was signed into law on December 12, 2017 by President Trump.
    The defense budget authorizes just under $700 billion in defense spending and a 2.4% increase in military pay and a .7% increase in BAH.

Read more: https://militarybenefits.info/2018-defense-budget-overview/#ixzz58NtC2sw5

What the Defense Budget Means to You:

• Military Pay: 2.4% pay increase for military members. In line with private sector wage growth
    • Basic Allowance for Subsistence Rates: The BAS rate increase will be .3% after seeing no increase last year.
    • Basic Allowance for Housing Rates: The 2018 Basic Allowance for Housing rate will see an average increase of .7 percent or $10 per month. Individual areas will vary.
    • BAH: BAH for dual military couples unchanged. The senate proposed changing married service members BAH payments to the “without dependents” rate
    • Higher TRICARE pharmacy co-pays: Many retirees and military dependents who didn’t pay TRICARE fees now. Disabled retirees, their dependents and dependents of service members who died on active duty will not see these increases. Tricare users under 65 will now pay the following
      • Generics by Mail: $10 for a 90-day supply
      • Brand Name Drugs: Increase of $28 for a 90-supply
      • Brand Name Drugs in-network Retail: Increase of $28 for a 90-supply
    • Military Spouse License Rebates: $500 rebate on a professional license or certification after a permanent change of station move
    • PCS Moves: Some families will be allowed to move before or after a service member has to change duty stations for school, job or other reasons.
    • Widow’s Tax: The Special Survivor Indemnity Allowance (SSIA) of $310 will no longer be offset by receiving Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) payments.
    • Intimate Media Sharing: Prohibits the sharing of intimate media service members without the subject’s consent and includes a means to prosecute.
    • Other Than Honorable Discharges: aka “bad paper” discharges will have expanded processes to address discharges affected by post-traumatic stress or a related condition.
    • Employment Records: A new database will be created where states and employers can access unclassified military training records that are applicable to civilian employment, civilian licensing or certification requirements.
    • 20,300 more troops
      • 16,600 active duty
        • 7,500 Army
        • 4,000 Sailors
        • 1,000 Marines
        • 4,100 Air Force
      • 1,400 National Guard
      • 2,300 Reserves
    • Space Corps: The defense budget passed on the creation of a Space Corps, a new arm of the Air Force
    • F-35s: Pentagon to buy 90 F-35s
    • Missile Defense: $4 billion for missile defense
    • Afghanistan: $1.2 billion to send 3,500 troops to Afghanistan
    This only official spendings, there is an army of analysts, experts, consultants and such.
    All of them want their pay :)
    For this they will happily lie about anything and find a threat anywhere.
    We'll see how long that would last.

3. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

MSM reports that Trump Administration may not have people experienced to deal with this because Trump has been lazy appointing his staff.

"Can't win a trick" springs to mind.

(Or, of course, the Saul Alinski playbook)

Jim4silver likes this.
  5. alor

6. alor

7. lowtech

lowtech Active Member

It won't stop our kids from following the US into whatever new 'war on whatever' gets declared by them. It is all rubbish. The Koreans don't hate us. We don't hate the Koreans. Didn't have a problem with the Vietnamese or Japs either. At least, not until we (and they) were told that we had problems with each others existence. I'm not anti-murder, I can think of a few people that the world would be better off without (excluding politicians to keep the list shorter) but they are all people that I (and many others) know and can attest to their crapness. They aren't a whole country though. I know nothing of Korea. What role do they play in the oil-supply game? Supply or demand? It seems to be the only question that decides where the chess pieces get placed. Burn our politicians and we can all go home.

8. Gullintanni

So now that President Trump (PT) has announced pulling out or Iran JPOC deal will this give the DPRK more leverage in any deals that come about?
    My initial feeling is that PT has a plan and he will have already thought about yet i am struggling to see how he can use it to his advantage.
    With all the lefties up in arms about PT pulling the USA out of the deal id say in fairness you have to put some of the blame back on Iran as well.
    The Iranians are smart and they would have known that any future president could kill the deal yet they accepted the soft option .
    I think this IMH (inexperienced)O that Kim has been given all the power he needs to get a sweet deal yet i also think PT must have a plan up his sleeve.
    We have all been here before of course but each time the stakes seem to be higher.

9. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trump has quite a lot on his plate, doesn't he? Iran, DPRK, Stormy Daniel, Giuliani, Melanie, Putin... but he still has time to visit NRA headquarter....

Gullintanni likes this.
  10. Gullintanni

I still hold hope for the guy.
    I was a big Trump fan to start and then he started twittering and i lost a bit of faith yet he must have a plan because he is still getting stuff done.
    So my faith in him is returning.
    As far as the daniels thing goes i think it is bloody disgusting that the gold digging POS is allowed to discuss their relationship in the media to get her payday.
    If this was reversed and it was a man talking to the media about his sexual relationship with a woman he would be before the courts for breach of contract or some new digital harm laws .
    I hope the whore gets hit by a bus.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  11. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was first a fan of Trump too but not so much now after seeing his good policies back flip and drown in the swamp he said he would drain. That just further reinforced my opinion that POTUS has always been a puppet.

Gullintanni likes this.
  12. alor

yeah the parties line, the celebrations

13. Gullintanni

I suspect his presidency may be one that we have to look back on to really appreciate the his wins and losses.
    I mean ,i thought the ROK was going to be annihilated just a couple of months ago followed by a protracted war ,yet here we are with all parties talking civilly to each other and on their way to a potential treaty.
    I know we have been here before but never with such flare beforehand.

Skyrocket likes this.
  14. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

At least it's not Clinton is my consolation.

Arch Stanton and ParanoidAndroid like this.
  15. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And the president of South Korea has publically said that Donald Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for his role in the Noth Korean Negotiations.

16. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Amen to that.

17. Skyrocket

I think Trump is a good person at heart who had good intentions to really help his country by taking on the Presidency. He thought he could drain the swamp but unfortunately found out this foe is greater then him and seems to be badly losing. When I see him ordering military strikes (that he was firstly strongly against) I imagine/recognize his hand is being forced to do so. Even if Trump fails to accomplish his goal of draining the swamp at least he did some good with his Presidency with regards to bringing the deep state to light, the corporate controlled medias and so on.

Arch Stanton and Gullintanni like this.
  18. Gullintanni

Just read this BS article from an Australian rag.
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...ed-internationally-abandoned-2018-5?r=US&IR=T
    They claim that Iran attacked "northern Israel" and that lead to an israeli retaliation.
    SINCE WHEN HAS THE GOLAN HEIGHTS BEEN NORTHERN israel?
    Now i know that many will say that israel annexed the Golan (just like Russia did with the Crimea) and my question to anyone who cares to answer or even knows the answer is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>How come israel can annex the Golan and not suffer sanctions because when Russia annexed the Crimea all hell was brought down on them with world wide sanctions.
    The world will never get any better as long as hypocrisy like this is allowed to continue.
    It seems israel can do as it likes and if anyone argues we get called anti-semites.
    I would have to say if anything was going to turn me into an "anti-semite" it would be that israeli hypocrisy.
    This is the world we are making.
    As a side note >> my 8 year old daughter came home with a lump on her head after a boy smashed her today and the schools oh so PC response is the boy should let her play a game with him and she has to write him a card.
    NO JOKE>>>> it is accepted that he started this and smashed her now the PC world says she needs to write a card to her attacker,HMMMM?

19. alor

IDF will never stop in provoking Iran and Russia and Syria and act as if themselves victims of their own aggression

UK will continue to support their white helmet , that is one terrorist supporter

Israel would support ISIS on humanitarian ground when fighter got wounded from the fight with SAA, but Israel would not do the same for SAA... this is selective humanitariansm, Israel does not see ISIS as their enemy but their tools to topple Assad, when ISIS got defeated everywhere, Israel got mad, and started bombing SAA positions... that is what happened ... this they label as IRANIAN bases, and Iranian aggression against Israel

Israel viewed this as their self defense

Remember we used to have Minister of War, now we call the post Minister for Defense
    We now have Israel provoking for War, but Israel calls it an act of self defense

An attack is not self defense, it is a provocation

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-11/israel-now-faces-new-rules-engagement-syria

Even as CNN is out with a new report condemning Iran for denying any responsibility or role in the latest massive exchange of fire between Israel and Syria, The New York Times has admitted (albeit buried deep in the story) that Israel was the actual aggressor and initiator of hostilities which threatened to spiral out of control overnight Wednesday and into Thursday morning.

While CNN and most Israeli and mainstream media sources blame Iran for initiating an attack on Israel, on the very day of the early morning strikes (Thursday), the Times acknowledged, "The barrage [of Syria/Iran missiles] came after an apparent Israeli missile strike against a village in the Syrian Golan Heights late Wednesday."

Up until recently, Assad had not taken the bait of Israeli provocation for years now in what we previously described as a kind of "waiting game" of survival now, retaliation later. But with the Syrian Army now victorious around the Damascus suburbs and countryside, and with much of Syria's most populous regions back under government control, it appears that Assad's belated yet firm response to the Israeli large scale attack has changed the calculus.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  20. Skyrocket

Exactly. Here is the proof. Forward to the 2:15 min mark to hear what an Israeli minister said they (Zionist medias, ect) do when there is descent expressed against policies from Israel.

Gullintanni likes this.