Norfed lovers stackers space

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Silver Soul, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Ron

Ron Member

Either flavor of 1 oz princess is going to be extremely difficult to find. I don't have either and would have to ask around. You are unlikely to find one without inside help, but it is remotely possible. Good luck. I don't know if Ron Edge has one or not, but I know he is selling off his stuff. He has some of the rare ones.

2. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes she is a very hard round to get! Probably the hardest I've ever looked for, and that's for real. Still if you come across her for sale I will ponder a buy thought. I still have a few leads that Jeff K gave me before his death bless him. so stiff upper lip and carry on.

3. Ron

Ron Member

You still have not told me which version you are looking for. Gilded or plain silver.

4. Silver Soul

The plain silver princess. 1onz 2007.

5. cascadia

cascadia New Member

Does anyone own the 2007 $5 Discoverers RHM/NORFED piece?

6. Silver Soul

Yes I do

7. cent66

cent66 Member

It's hard to find but yes I have one.

8. ss silver

ss silver New Member

Can you post a picture of it

9. Silver Soul

10. ss silver

ss silver New Member

Thank you so much I recently been collecting Hawaiian stuff from both Norfed and in general. Been a long time since I started the thread and been a long time since I have been able to collect. Alot went on in the past 5 years for me and I am super excited to be back. Thanks guys

Jislizard likes this.
  11. Silver Soul

No problem.

I cherish the 2007 Dala norfeds. They are very rare and also beautiful. I have said before these are worth stacking as they are a rare collection within the liberty dollar norfed. Keep your eyes peeled for these. ;)

12. ss silver

ss silver New Member

I cherish all my Library dollars And love to buy sale and trade. Been looking to do something on some of the 2 oz 5oz and also some of the rarer hard to find stuff to maybe a mule. Glad to be back to collecting again with a great group of people.

13. ss silver

ss silver New Member

Anyone want to do some trading? I have some Hallmarked LD.

14. cascadia

cascadia New Member

The 2007 $1 Liberty Dollar copper rounds are an interesting subject worth exploring.

mintage of 60,000:
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia98003.html

privy mark/counterstamp copper at 1:45:

BVN discusses the difficulty of getting a fully struck scroll on the reverse due to the hardness of copper and the poor quality of manufacturing. The coin he is stamping is not a 2007 $1, however it has the same reverse with torch, flame, denomination, and wreath as the '07.

I have seen these come in rolls of 25, all of the coins are individually wrapped in tissue paper inside the roll.
    The actual coins are not the best quality, poorly struck, covered in oil stains, bag marks galore, and even corrosion spots.
    I believe there is some chemical finishing process that "antiqued" the rounds.

Just like the U.S. mint though, there are cherry examples out there if one has the patience to look. Finding an example that has a fully struck wreath on the reverse with a strong obverse is challenging. Finding one that is fully struck without bag marks, corrosion, or stains is an adventure. Good luck with your numismatic adventure, wherever it may lead!

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  15. PeterUK

PeterUK New Member

Good post.

Before JK’s untimely demise, Jeff sold me a superb example minted in the US (including an example from China which was terrible). I understand from RonG that it was prohibitively expensive to mint the coin in the US and that was why Bernard couldn’t continue with the idea of minting coins in copper.

Having examples in my collection made from gold, silver and copper, there is no doubt that in my opinion the copper coins are the most spectacular.The superb design of the eagle is enhanced by the rich red colour.

RG’s Encyclopaedia has always been my ‘go to’ source of information (together with contributors to the Forum) as well as having access to the rarer/special LDs. I was fortunate that he contacted me in 2014 to offer a set of the three Copper Test Patterns dated 2009 with Peace, Freedom and Liberty on the Obverse. RG arranged for them to be graded and slabbed by ANACS making them amongst the very rarest LDs (RG mentions three sets - including mine - and I guess that he kept one for himself). Never know what the future brings, but it will take serious offers to let them go. Gorgeous.

Attached Files:

Silver Soul and cascadia like this.
  16. Silver Soul

Jeff called these mules, and what I gathered from him there were only 20 as test strikes done before the uglies were minted in China. Nice set and worth $$$$$

17. Ron

Ron Member

Being the owner and webmaster of the Liberty Dollar Encyclopedia website has it's perks. I was just contacted by a man whose father just passed away and left him one of the largest LD collections I have ever seen. Among the pieces are TWO un-numbered Euros and........ a plain silver, one ounce princess. The Euros are flawless. The photo of the princess does not look that good. It may have some small scratches and smudges on it. I am asking for better photos. I may work with this gentleman to liquidate his inheritance.....

18. Ron

Ron Member

here are photos of the silver 1 oz PK the owner sent me. It looks like a great piece. It turned out the flaws in the original photos he sent were in the plastic of the flip. The piece was in a coin flip and not an air tite, so there is a trace of toning at the top of the obverse. Soul, if you are interested, send me an offer on the private side and I will see if I can get it for you.

Ron

image0.jpeg image2.jpeg

cascadia and Silver Soul like this.
  19. Ron

Ron Member

Is anyone here interested in making an offer on an un-numbered Euro? There is a little bit of lint on it, but it looks flawless.

image01.jpeg

cascadia and Silver Soul like this.
  20. Silver Soul

^^^ Very very hard to get

cascadia likes this.