Norfed lovers stackers space

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Silver Soul, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Rob G

Rob G New Member

yes i would love to see what you have, sorry just got notification of a reply.

2. Rob G

Rob G New Member

There is a 2007 $20 King Statue in both regular and gold layered
    2008 $20 king statue in silver
    2008 $50 King statue silver ( I am looking for this one, no hallmarks on back)
    2008 $50 King statue hallmarked NOT/GOV/$$$

3. cent66

cent66 Member

I bumped into the owner of that particular coin in another forum. It seems he recognized my username and we chatted a bit. He asked if I was selling any coins and I said no. I've seen him posting on different forums trying to buy rare NORFEDS.

4. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did he say what he was chasing 66? Or is he just chasing the norfeds rarer types. Peter UK on here had some very nice rarer types for sale maybe give him a pm and pass the guys details on

5. Silver Soul

Welcome to the norfed thread. I haven't seen any. This one gets some good hits and probably from searches on google about norfed from people hunting them

cascadia likes this.
  6. cent66

cent66 Member

Will do. Thanks.

cascadia likes this.
  7. Rob G

Rob G New Member

Does anyone have any of the varieties listed on Rons site? #3.5, 12.5, or 13.5?? Need the Dala 2008 $50 King Statue with no hallmarks too. Those are 4 lower $$ ones I need. Rob

8. cascadia

cascadia New Member

I have some silver certificate warehouse notes for sale this week. I also have a First-Day-of-Issue 2007 Liberty Dala Queen Liliuokalani $10 half oz graded PF69 by NGC. It has the "HI state" islands countermark (privy mark) on the reverse. It is challenging to find the first-day-of-issue counter marked Liberty Dala. If anyone has any for sale or trade, please let me know. Mahalos!!

9. cent66

cent66 Member

Rob, I do believe that the 12.5 is being sold online. If you go E bay, and look for all the 2005 Norfeds. Check each post. I did it myself. I enlarged all the pictures from each post and, in my opinion, there are 12.5. The ones that I saw are heavily scratched. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger. Ron made a statement, " I suspect there are many out there in the hands of people who do not realize they have them." I agree with him on this.

10. PeterUK

PeterUK New Member

Thanks for promoting my collection which, at its zenith, was ranked the world' fifth best by Ron G. Circumstances meant that I had to listen to offers. Over the past couple of years, pieces have been sold by contacts and/or word of mouth to dedicated collectors.

I won't list all the pieces that remain open to serious offers, but a sample include:

1) One of each set of Hallmark
    Serial Numbered
    Naked Backs

2) 2009 set of Copper Test Pattern (ANACS graded). Only two other sets are believed to exist.

3) New York Double Date

4) 2003 Deep Strike

I hope all stackers have a safe Christmas and a more normal year in 2021.

Peter

11. cent66

cent66 Member

On the NORFED gold coins, any information on the mintage?

The $50 dollar coin, the encyclopedia mentions they made less than 200 coins.

$500 –???

$1000 --???

12. Silver Soul

^^^ I have blank spots for these on my mintages list ... So sorry I don't know. Minimum mintage run at the mint would have been 500 but that is for silver! As for gold numbers, toss a coin.

13. cent66

cent66 Member

Thanks for the info soul. You mentioned a mintage list. Did you create one using the information from Liberty Dollar Encyclopedia?

14. Silver Soul

^^^ The spreadsheet was given to me by Jeff K & I have also confirmed it from that site too

15. Ron

Ron Member

Jeff K. told me before he passed that he had helped one collector get a set of the $50 naked backs put together. The raw pieces had to be sent to each individual RCO for stamping. That is what I did to get the $20 naked back sets made. I still have a couple of those sets available. I know of only that one $50 RCO set in existence. Jeff had the clout with the other RCOs to make it happen (he told me he really had to get on a couple of them to get them to respond and make the piece). The reason there were not more of them is that the $50 blanks were just too expensive. At face value, you would have $1700 in the blanks for a 34 piece set. That is the reason I never had a set of them myself.

There were only a handful of RCOs that stamped more than one of the $50 naked backs. Charles Hampe did the most. I did maybe five of the Cass County Cash.

16. Ron

Ron Member

Jeff sold a few of those for Bernard. I sold several for him a few years later, including Peter's gilded Dala set. Bernard was needy for a while after the trial and I sold many thousands of dollars worth of rare stuff for him. He was afraid to do it himself because of restrictions the court place on him.

17. Ron

Ron Member

Soul,

Are you looking for a gilded one ounce princess or a plain silver one? Only 3 or 4 of those gilded sets were sold by me for Bernard. Peter had one of them. I doubt B sold many more of them on his own.

18. cent66

cent66 Member

Thanks for the info Ron. Any idea on the mintage for the gold coins? Silver Soul has numbers for silver coins but not for gold coins.

19. Ron

Ron Member

I have no way of knowing for the gold. I doubt even Bernard knows since the information was probably in the computers seized by the Feds. He did tell me they were low, not anywhere near what the silver was (well below 500 on everything).

cent66 likes this.
  20. Silver Soul

Hi Ron.
    Great to see you back here it's been a long time between drinks . I'm only chasing the 1oz princess 2007. I will find her in my own time. I don't need sale offers. Cheers Stic