Norfed lovers stackers space

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Silver Soul, Aug 26, 2011.

1. bremarti

bremarti New Member

Nice collection Matthew...,what serial numbers are your RPs...I'm looking for number one hundred

2. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

Like 735 and 738 or something, I think. I checked up on the Colorado piece and it looks minty fresh other then a smudge on the bottom of the obverse cameo. The coin case is all chipped up to hell but still looks quite a bit better than the case my decent looking Montana piece is in which one was $23 bucks at the flea market.

3. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

A 1oz 06/07 and a 1/2 oz piece with arrest hallmarks went at auction for the price of their generic counterparts yesterday, about 50 bucks with shipping for the both. Hallmarks were unadvertised and main photo was of the obverse but I assumed people would have caught on. I am obviously unsure of the max bid but I am kicking myself over missing that one.

Something like a 10th anniversary round with the USA hallmark or the scarce trial hallmark listed with the generic obverse is a money maker that happens every now and again.

Someone got that 2016 Trump FDI that was listed under that name's bullion for 40 bucks. I guess there is an additional half-type of those with some sort of die wear because they were in their original mint condition despite not having the perfect satin finish. It was $10 bucks more than what I got two more proper looking ones for, $30 being 5 less than the initial Trump Tower offer.

There's such a huge premium market for things like weird varieties of engelhardt bar errors and limited castings done by a prolific artist. Sometimes pawn shops basically end up pawning their own stuff due to an inability to do their job for what they end up selling this stuff for. Having a big sign outside your firm saying "WE BUY GOLD AND SILVER" and then selling it for something like 1/5th of its premium comes off as bad faith to me but I am happy to make a buck.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  4. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

are they usa only? usually they wont post to us or its a crazy more than the coin is worth for postage, crazy seppos.

5. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^ yes postage is a killer. So I just sit back and relax for the right deals on the <500's

6. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

This listing would be a good one to go for if someone collects the early stuff. On first look the listing appears to be for a 10,000 mintage item but closer inspection reveals that the FDI CoA is for an item that represents 3% of this total. I asked what the FDI hallmark looked like and got a photo, it is 12182 in a box. It stands for 1/21/82, I guess.

[​IMG]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Hawa...a-999-silver-scarce-COA-see-pics/124080692894

Us Americans are eating it up over here.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  7. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

1/4th gold layered Kaiulani prototype and Evansville pieces up for auction. If the prototype auction just kind of slid by in a week's time with nobody noticing, it seems like the situation where you could get an extremely rare piece for something like 30% of what the other guy is charging. The Evansville auction might be moreso an auction that everyone recognizes what it is immediately, it's at 550 right now. They're going to be fun to watch. It's not exactly irrelevant information.

8. Silver Soul

^^^ watching with interest. $89 so far for the 1/4oz Princess LOL if only the market knew. 2 Evansville's off the bat for sale ..... Very rare sight to see.

9. Silver Soul

So I sent the seller a message to see if they post to Australia! Answer, sorry no only to the US :(

Bugga. My bids are out on these 2 then. Both princess and Evansville at the moment going for bargain basement prices if you live across the pond

10. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

Here's some new stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the bitcoin specie type is only in the sales catalog as a proof finish instead of satin. The guy over there has like a $20/oz for 100 deal, I'm not sure what spot price that runs up to. The $50 base Kamehameha is something that some people don't know exists, but it was sold on libertydollar.org way back when. The deal was something like $35 or $45 for a general issue, serial number, or FDI, with a purchase limit. The $1 peace is kind of difficult to get with a hallmark if you want a better one.

I overlooked putting the image sizes in a particular format, but enjoy the pictures!

Silver Soul likes this.
  11. Silver Soul

12hrs to go on the Evansville and cheap as olden day chips. Princess well she is an absolute bargain.

I'm so pissed I can not take a bid :(

12. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

get someone you kinda know to throw a bid in at the last minute and buy it off them by proxy if it's successful, maybe

13. cent66

cent66 Member

I bid on the Kaiulani prototype and Evansville. I had hoped that buyers would be asleep on this but it didn't happened. LOL Taking a break on NORFEDs unless something cheap comes by. Purchased a new vehicle so hobby money is limited at this time unless something cheap and out of the ordinary comes by.

14. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Nice rounds. It's been a while since I purchased a Norfed.....last one I purchased was a 5 oz silver. What mint pressed the newer Norfed designs?

15. Rob G

Rob G New Member

New to this page, does anyone have any of the Hawaii Dala Certificates for sale? I only have 1 with serial number between 2000-3000 range. I would like to find all of the varieties. Thanks Rob