Norfed lovers stackers space

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Silver Soul, Aug 26, 2011.

1. cent66

cent66 Member

I already have the whole set. It took some time, but the dalas coins are already scratched off my list. About a month ago, I even got a Hawaiian Dala Silver Certificate.

2. cent66

cent66 Member

Feel free to post some pictures.

Silverdale likes this.
  3. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm still chasing the 1oz princess! She is very hard to get. I have seen her in 1991, & 1994 form on eBay but they are not the true norfed, only 2007 is. What Dala cert have you got? you do know there are 4 types Proof being the most expensive because from memory there is only 1000 of them

4. cent66

cent66 Member

The one I purchase is in numbered in the 4K range which is a General Issue certificate. I’ve only seen the General Issue version in eBay. Never seen the other versions.

5. Silver Soul

Yikes! A 1/4oz Gold clad Dala princess going for $3600 on eBay :eek:

6. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

1976 "Shelter" obverse type: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Hawai...an-Coin-Collection-20mm-w-Plaque/133254044553

The 325 dollar price tag is something I would probably be able to get my money back on if I needed to, if given some time. Not sure if the coins are mounted to the display in some way, but they look like they might be. All of the Shelter RHM pieces I have seen have been mules with the Kamehameha I die. It's a bit of a rare one.

Bernard was supposed to publish a RHM book back in the 1980's and wishes he could give those people their deposits back. Supposedly it is coming in 2020, but for now mintage is unknown. Telle said she doesn't think they even kept track back then, but Bernard said it might be buried somewhere in the mint records.

Sold the 1976 "Shelter" mule in worse condition with no mint luster that I got about a year ago for 200 which one might be a different and more common variety than this one.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  7. cent66

cent66 Member

Plan B. Go straight to the source: https://www.royalhawaiianmint.com/issues-by-year/2000-present-issues.html?p=1

8. cent66

cent66 Member

I went to his site and ordered this book: The Liberty Dollar: From Concept to Crypto
    I got a refund back because it was out of stock.

9. Silver Soul

yes, I tried your plan B ... but they never replied to my emails. So i guessed back then the site was shut down? Did you buy all your Dala loot from it?

10. cent66

cent66 Member

Soul, I bought all of them thru Ebay. I found out about the site when a collector mentioned about having one with a counter strike on it (2007 dala). He had gotten one there years ago. I was debating on getting one of those. I've never called or emailed them. You might be right. There last coin that they created and displayed on their catalog is from 2015. There might not be a Plan B.

11. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

The CEO's phone number is listed in RHM contacts. For the 250 bucks she should be happy to help. I think she's in Hawaii so you might want to work out what hour is an appropriate business hour over there. I tried calling her like 3 different times over the course of a week and ended up getting called back.

I ordered the Hawaii Sovereign-die dala off an ebayer as my Christmas present for myself. I thought 140 was good for it's condition. Also getting a Tuscon Arizona RCO 50-base oz'er which one I thought was acceptable for the 80 bucks as they are hard to come by.

I've got a pretty good collection at this point, would probably ask 25 hundred dollars for it. As long as I keep it, I will never go broke. I got a "20" "13" Free State Project 2/5th oz'er in there which one isn't extremely remarkable but is probably unique.

12. Silver Soul

where did you get your 1oz 2007 princess from? ... I have never seen it on eBay! I might drop Dave G an email & get him to look around for me, I've got some good stuff from him in the past

13. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

I don't have one. I was referring to the Hawaii Sovereign 2007 LD.

Currently a 2007 Warrior 1/2 oz LD listed for 75 bucks vs the 190 RHM asking price in solid MS67+ or-so state with a natural looking toning as if it's been on display near the beach for the past 12 years. zeslain_1 on ebay has it. Would buy it but my bank account is looking grim. These sort of deals tend to come around which is why I don't try to have them all.

14. Silver Soul

Sorry Matthew the question was more directed @ cent66

15. cent66

cent66 Member

I found it on E bay but that was some time ago. I usually type 2007 Norfeds or Hawaiian dalas. That I know of, there are 3 Hawaiian dalas right now: 2007 Hawaii dala quarter ounce
    (Price:US $2,500.00), 2007 Hawaii dala kamehameha king norfed(Price:AU $180.00), and 2007 discovers of Hawaii five dollars quarter oz.(Price:US $195.00)

I usually check Ebay twice a day to see what's sellers are listing.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  16. Silver Soul

You do know that the 2007 discovers piece is very low mintage. I'm off to take a look at eBay

17. cent66

cent66 Member

I never new the mintage for the Hawaiian dalas. Where did you find the info? Also, anyone knows where I can find pictures of the $50 RCOs?

18. Matthew Corey

Matthew Corey New Member

Knowing how to game the filters helps immensely. "Liberty Dollar" returns walking liberty half dollar. The coins and paper money filter returns results for the even more refined bullion filter but the more refined bullion filter does not return coins. Assuming that all of the 7,000 "liberty" listings under the narrow bullion filter are currently junk, one can check listings biweekly to pick up any new LD listings that might be relevant that do not contain the word NORFED. I picked up a lot of 20 hallmarked pieces for 25 each by doing that. Due to each individual seller you can find this stuff under all sorts of list titles and filter categories.

Are you the person I sold a few of the hallmarked 06/07 scales of justice pieces to by any chance? You have a similar username. Those were an extremely lucky find for me, they looked to have been encapsulated for their entire existence other then the rim toning which was very likely to have been the person doing the hallmarking.

cent66 likes this.
  19. cent66

cent66 Member

No wonder your name looked familiar. I knew it looked familiar but wasn't sure where I saw it. I thought it was from a different forum and not eBay.

20. PeterUK

PeterUK New Member

Was the above post meant for me. I don’t have an eBay account, hence my question.