Nice round up of econ & EU issues from Farage (bonus: Lauren Lyster!)

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Macros_The_Black, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

I like Nigel Farage's way of being to the point - and he tells it like it is!

I'm in the UK at the moment - my goodness what a mess here and in the EU ...

Farage tells us that he thinks that there are simply "bad people" in control of the EU Parliament (not just "bad decisions"!).

And he believes today's Governments are stealing from our grandchildren (hey what about US!! haha).

He's interviewed on Capital Account ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LsQY1OxoEY[/youtube]

It's always a bonus to watch a Lauren Lyster interview ;)

2. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hows the emotional sentiment for a positive economic recovery sounding in the EU??

REDBACK

3. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Hey REDACK, long time no-speak (well for me anyway!).

Emotional side of things seems highly resentful to any authority - as is manifested quite physically by the Greeks (rightly or wrongly, their sense of outrage against the way we've all been ripped off is palpable).

The issue is still that most "solutions" involve repatriation of non-existent "funds" or tax-advantages to lobby groups or interest groups.

Which really misses the fundamental cause: If you've fucked-up your credit card borrowings, then borrowing more is NOT a solution, though it might avoid very short-term poo.

What we really need is a focus on fundamental productivity and reduced govt. size & relaxation of regs ... but try telling THAT to anyone except a stacker.

I think Farage is right - they so-called "leaders" (HA!) are scared that the dominoes will fall.

In the UK the party conferences have been on and that is quite entertaining really, if watched with the idea that everything they say i the opposite of everything they mean and do!

Take care & do update me via PM sometime of your progress :)