NGC PCGS OMP (Original Mint Packaging)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by comeaux, Mar 2, 2012.

1. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

I was just informed by a very reputable member that the cost of NCS Conservation and NGC grading just went up ... again ! :(

2. comeaux

First off ... thanks to the master confuscious for passing this on to me although the news sucks :(

A. Standard conservation with grading. Conserve all coins and submit to NGC for grading.*

B. Standard conservation and return raw. Conserve all coins and return without grading*

C. Modern conservation with grading. (Any uncertified us or foreign coin 1970 to date, valued $300 or less) Modern fee is $26 50/coin, includes conservation and grading

*What this means is for coins valued above $300 we will have to pay 1% for evalation, plus 4% for conservation, plus grading fee between $14-$50 depending on the coins value. So a $3000 coin will cost $180 for conservation and grading vs $22.50 last year and $26.50 in January/Febraury.

STANDARD CONSERVATION FEES:

1. Evaluation Fee: 1% of declared value per coin, minimum $5. Service Description: Item examined by a conservation expert to determine what conservation work, if any, should be performed. All graded coins, excluding details and genuine holders, will be returned as is if conservation is not performed, and only the Evaluation Fee will be charged by NCS. Coin(s) holdered by any service other than NGC or PCGS will be treated as raw

coin(s) and removed from their holders. In order to submit coins that are in holders other than NGC or PCGS, you must initial section 5, Conservation Services, on the front of this form confirming you have read the terms and conditions regarding the Consent to Remove Coin(s) from Holder(s) information below, prior to any work being performed by NCS. Coins that are in either NGC or PCGS holders and cannot benefit from conservation will be returned and the customer will only be charged the 1% evaluation fee.

2. Conservation Fee: 4% of declared value up to $150,000 per coin, and 2% of declared value over $150,000 per coin, minimum $15.
    Service Description: Appropriate conservation is performed.

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

That's a massive markup. Not happy.

Was thinking of joining NGC and submitting but can't be bothered now, will just keep buying graded coins and leave OMP as OMP.

4. серебро

серебро New Member

Damn just as I get some medal and coins to send to ngc they do that, I wont be doing that now

5. comeaux

Glad I just got my gold and platinum pandas submitted last week along with a load of silvers ! :)

I guess this means the price of graded coins will be going up to offset the costs ... maybe those guys got a good deal afterall on your coins Derrick !

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Must be you causing these price hikes at NGC :lol:

NGC employee #1: "Oh it's Mr. Comeaux again, we really should fleece him on his submissions."
    NGC employee #2: "Yeah we should."
    NGC manager #1: "Let's do it then!"

<price hike>

7. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This deserves a separate post for discussion/mourning.

8. comeaux

Maybe Sarah & Becky ratted me out for calling too much ! :)

I heard there are some "heavy hitters" who are extremely pissed about this and the phone will be blowing up at NGC/NCS tomorrow !

I know that I will be calling ! :D