[NEWS] The Comeaux Collection

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Oct 10, 2011.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

wow thats a nice collection for sure

3. donkarnash

donkarnash Member

Thanks for the link yennus...thats lovely collection

4. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the very nice compliments guys greatly appreciated as that has been a lot of work and it is still very much in progress. Like I said I will post some more pics on my next box run.

One thing that should be realized is that this collection took a lot of time and research to create it and it will continue to expand until I die. It is not something that you would want to attempt in a short amount of time make sure that you are stacking bullion as well.

As many of the veteran & wise silver stackers here have already conveyed, Chinese Panda's are not something that you would just want to "bail off into" blindly. Their advice that investing in bullion and amassing it as well should be strongly considered. While I do enjoy building the panda collection, I am constantly adding to my bullion stack as well.

Everything should be done in moderation regardless if it is pandas, bullion, real estate, food, alcohol, etc.

If you are interested in building a panda collection I would definitely say that you should already have started your bullion investing and if you can afford it, then occasionally add a panda or two ! It does not take much time before you begin to see a flourishing collection before your eyes !

Another thing is take your time and research every panda that you want to purchase for what the appropriate price is that you should pay and that the seller is reputable. You should never make a "rash" purchase in the mindset of "oh I have to get this now or I will never get it" from my experience it is best to approach a purchases with a slow and methodical approach. Yes I can say there have been a few occasions where I have come across very rare items at undervalued pricing and in those extraordinary situations I have been known to use the "rapid deployment" method of purchasing on occasion.

I have seen counterfeiting mentioned frequently, I am being sincerely honest here If you are taking the time, research, resources & money to invest in anything collectible, then it is only wise to have some knowledge of that collectible and the same goes for pandas. I can say that after purchasing 100's of pandas I only got burnt one time and it was completely my fault as it was one of those "if it is too good to be true then it probably is" scenarios. In only a very short amount of time you should already have a list of reputable dealers/sellers. This list did not take me long at all to compile. Once you know what you want, how much it should cost & where to buy it, then counterfeiting concerns are extremely low. I would say they are about as likely when purchasing any collectible.

I am amazed at the pm's and emails I have received from members of "can I sell them this item or get them that item", to be honest I'm flattered by many comments but as I stated before I am not a dealer/seller but only an investor/collector. I think it would be difficult for me to handle all of the requests but I will as best that I can, point members in the right direction as to reputable resources. There are many reputable dealers on the internet and although many are located in the US and abroad, I don't think shipping is that unreasonable yet I also am not very familiar with shipping to Australia as I have only made one shipment. I pretty much use a handful of websites but I also have a few personal dealers I use as well.

Lastly I want to apologize to the member who was offended by the picture of my wife and child, I personally found nothing at all wrong with it as they are panda collectors and my wife was wearing panda jewelry and my son was holding panda coins. I do think we need to lighten up a tad if we are going to find offense with these kinds of things but I can say that is your right to an opinion and I respect your right, I just amiably disagree is all.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion; it is what a forum is all about ideas, opinions and discussions with other members. How we convey opinions to fellow members is very important and I need to realize/remember this myself at times.

Anyways happing collecting/investing guys !:D
    comeaux

5. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, experiences, knowledge, wisdom and your collection!

Very amazing!

From one Panda collector to another, "WOW!"

Pics of Panda collectors are most welcome, from little cubs to big bears :)

Many thanks!

6. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

sweet collection

7. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

OMG, someone was 'offended' over a photo of your family?
    They could have posted a picture of their family, wouldn't offend me at all to see a picture of a ferret and 2 turtles.

8. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Epic collection :)