Newbie from Whitsundays, QLD

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Rothbard, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

A big hello from the beautiful islands of the Whitsundays!

I am a big silver bull at the moment and have been accumulating Silver since late 2008 when a 20oz bar was AUD$320. Ahhh the good ol'days :)

I work in luxury real estate sales focussing on multi-million dollar properties to high-net-worth lifestyle centric buyers. (many whom are silver bulls too!)

I used to be in general real estate but left after I decided it to be unethical to continue selling to gullible young first home buyers who were only working their way in to perpetual debt.

I did get good at ducking and weaving the question "Do you think its a good time to buy?"...After not answering and a moment of silence, usually one of the buyers would answer their question themselves with "Yeah, of course it is, Property Doubles every 7 years...Right?"...more silence...

As a cycles investor (refer to Mike Malony/Robert Kiyosaki) I am buying large silver bars consistently every fortnight with a view to eventually trade it for multiple cash-flow properties. Due to my goals and view on where the markets are heading I am not a big buyer of coins (although I do have 30 or so 1oz PM coins from my early buying days) as I do not feel that we will enter into a situation where we are bartering using actual silver coins. (Although perhaps a PM backed currency is on the cards)

A big thank you to the creators of this forum and the dedicated admin...You have created something very special here!

I am very much looking forward to sharing advice and thoughts on here with you and learning more every day.

Ok...Im heading back to cyclone prep...its a little more than a breeze now :|

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

hi R/E agent & u tell people ? lol

3. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Jelliott41

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Welcome jelliott41 - I'm also a fan of Maloney and his cycle theory.

5. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

haha...Yeah I remember the day many moons ago when I came out to my friends and family. "Mum, Dad...I have something to tell you...For a couple of months now I have been a R...a RE...a REAL ESTATE AGENT :|"

6. Mark

Mark New Member

Hi Jelliott

It's good to have a real estate agent on the forum, and hopefully you can give us heads up with changes in the property market. I like maloneys cycle theory to and one day hope to put metal to real estate.

7. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Hi jelli, how's the weather?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Like this mate?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PLr2pKkzEs[/youtube]

Yeah, many of us here are aware of the scam to say the least ;)

Very rare to see one of the vested interests get up and make a stand though, even the IP hungry folks around here are of the opinion to just go with the flow on this and damn the ethics.

Welcome aboard.

9. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

hi jell, welcome, during good weather u have nice views outside there and if it gets bad u go inside to look at the silver stack so good all year round

10. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL. Welcome.

11. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

welcome and batten down the hatches you might be in for a rough week

12. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome jelliot41,

Hope we are of use to you and you are of use to us. :)

13. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

Thanks everyone!

All good here :) pool is full of leaves and a couple of branches down...that's all though!

I'll soon start putting up some rants in the real estate forum. As you have guessed, I am not an advocate of Realestate as a means to build wealth at this moment in time.

As for high net worth silver bulls and conversation; As you can appreciate, when selling at the upper end of the spectrum the purchase becomes very personal. I get to know my buyers very well and are more friends than customers. Through getting to know people and discussing property, wealth etc, the topic of the economy and investment always comes up.

You have to remember that those who are high net worth are very savvy when it comes to trends, investments and opportunity.

One interesting silver bull is also a retired developer...he has recently sold all his property which wasn't positive cash-flow and bought silver after paying off associated debt. One silver purchase was $600,000 worth!

Another is a builder.

Note that these people didn't get rich by owning property, they did it by selling their service and skill in that field...and put the profit into other assets. They own property to ENJOY...like art and fast cars :)

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

oh so u do believe in owning property ? go on the real estate forum & say that i dare ya !! hahahahahah i just spruik it so people will get the bug & have the chance to enjoy it as u say.& somewhere for their kids to call home. good to hear u come away unscathed look forward to reading ur posts